THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Yeah, whatever, just use your best judgement," says Konrad in reply to all the talk of incentives and opera tickets. And what did their Covenant have to offer these Kindred? Konrad is still trying to figure that out. The only person he can speak for is himself, so it'll up to be these jokers to find their own method, be it blackmail, promises, or seduction.

"There's a Midnight Mass being put on by the Lancea Sanctum soon too. I'd like us all to attend, so mark it on your schedules. I want anyone who practices their faith to know that Carthians support all belief systems. Maybe we can build a working relationship with them since they're strapped for recruits. And yeah, it'll be a good chance to keep our ears to the ground."

"So that's all I got. I think that's plenty to be honest. We've got our Movement. So here's your homework," says Konrad, pulling a hand out and listing off the covered items on each finger. "Get Tenancy from your Priscus, make friends with your mark, and work the Kine to build some connections in the city."

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

"There are three types of Kindred in my mind. Those who want to join, even if they don't know it yet, those that must be persuaded to join, and those that won't join but can still be useful, because even if they don't know it everyone is a potential resource. Blackmail is for those we can never convince but have something we want," Marco said with a smirk.

"Something else I thought of," Marco continued, "is I believe that if we want the strongest possible start we need to think about how much of our plans we'll reveal to our marks. There must be different levels of knowledge in order to keep ourselves safe. Naturally, Kindred don't trust each other, and even if we have similar goals I don't presume to think you two trust me already. But the three of us are embarking on something potentially dangerous, because taking control is always a little bloody. With that in mind we may need to 'appear' as if we're ratting each other out. I think it's safe to say we should have a strategy of misinformation we can spread to other covenants. Information that's enough true to gain their trust, but that doesn't reveal too much. Similarly we must tell kindred about the principles without revealing too much of our interpretations about them."

"The Invictus are established, and I've heard rumors of the Monomacy. I gather that none of us are savage fighters, so this will have to be a war of public perception with battles in the shadows, because we can't fight them in the open. Now I assume you two had already thought of all of this, I just wanted to put it out there that we will need to secretly spread rumors, both about ourselves and the other covenants if we wish to grow."

Marco relaxed before he spoke, fixing his suit cuffs, "Saying all of that, I think you're both right, we should keep an ear to the group and find new ways to gather intel and we should also focus on our 'homework'," Marco said, using actual air quotes. "This is the beginning of true change in this domain, they just don't know it yet."

PRE

Gerald isn't about to poo-poo any of their ideas directly - but going to a Mass? The Sea King can think of only a handful of things he would enjoy less. He nods once, slowly, clearly warring with the idea by the pensive look on his face. "If you think it will help. Josephine, at least, seems pleasant. I will do it, in the interest of public relations." He gives Konrad a look of 'you owe me one'.

The rest of what Konrad has to say doesn't provoke any further comment, so Gerald simply nods at each of the points. This leaves Marco, who surprisingly has much more to say. Gerald cannot help but look slightly overwhelmed.

"A rumor mill? I have no doubt it will be useful in the future, but it is no small task." He grins. "Seems almost a compromise on each of our Positions, doesn't it?" He says the last in a playful advisory, wiping away doubts afterwards with a light chuckle.

"I agree that we've covered everything. Now we have people to see. Grand ideas to set in motion. And who knows? Perhaps the next time our covenant meets we will have a much larger Chain." he says, thinking of the timepiece he had accepted from Marco. He moves in close with the other two and offers his hand, first to Konrad and then to Marco.

"Gentlemen... I wish you the best of luck. Our future success hinges on the results of our next few endeavors." Not entirely true, if all things are taken into consideration: Gerald would not give up if their first set of plans fell through. He is Carthian. If he were content to sit by idly just because the road is uneven, he might as well live in a cave. For almost two hundred years, I basically did. A bitter thought of his quiet resting place before he awoke to greet the 21st century. If the Sea King has any say, that will be the last time for a long time that he finds himself idle.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad seems to check out momentarily as Marco expresses his thoughts. Most of it could do without saying, but Konrad understands the need for communication between 'coworkers'.

Gerald's look causes the smirk to return to Konrad's features, suspecting Gerald's discomfort. "Hey, I'm not a believer either. But yeah, I think it'll help, especially if you want to suck up to your Priscus. And yeah, good luck to both of you too."

With that sentiment out of the way, Konrad stands and brushes off his suit. He has no further business and will make to leave unless another matter is brought to his attention.

M
    Matrixchild

Well clearly they're both ready to leave. Marco stands himself and buttons the top button on his suit. "I think we made a lot of progress. Hopefully we'll have more to report at the next meeting. My number is [number] in case either of you need to contact me." And with that Marco shakes both of their hands if they accept and starts heading toward the door. "Have a good rest of the evening both of you."

Unless stopped Marco heads to the door and leaves the Sterling.

Marco leaves the scene

PRE

Business finally taken care of, Gerald "Twice-Dead" Baker - now Prefect of Sacramento's Carthian Movement - smiles to himself and exits through the lobby.

Aaaaaand scene. Thanks, guys.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Make sure you update your wiki pages!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

9. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread