Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) As Above So Below

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    B
    BDeHaven

It seems that what assistance I may have to offer was not needed. I watch Regan deal with the alarm system, as capable as any burglar. Very well then on to business, I stand to the side of the door,appearing unobtrusive as possible while keeping a look out. Waiting for them to unlock the door.

C
    Casitive

“Once we get in,” David states simply, “we have very little time to find the entry point.” Sounds of metal against metal and tumblers falling into place pricks supernaturally enhanced hearing. “Spend as little time inside as possible above ground. We're not here for their overtly expensive coffees.”

Like a jigsaw falling into place, the lock gives way. Josephine's tools are settled back into their pouches and that pouch is offered back to the Ventrue. “Ready?” David asks, though the question is rhetorical.

A door is opened and David steps inside. The Shadow Priscus' eyes search the ground looking for the easement that greed and gluttony built over.

Probably didn't need extended rolls, success and 3 on Investigation for the entry
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-20 14:10:17 David Regan rolls 6 to Intelligence + Investigation (10 Again) 3, 9, 10, 3, 5, 9, 6 3 successes
    2015-04-20 14:01:06 [05] David Regan rolls 5 to Dexterity + Larceny (10 Again) 5, 8, 1, 9, 9 3 successes
    2015-04-20 14:01:06 [04] David Regan rolls 5 to Dexterity + Larceny (10 Again) 5, 5, 10, 3, 3, 8 2 successes
    2015-04-20 14:01:06 [03] David Regan rolls 5 to Dexterity + Larceny (10 Again) 4, 7, 4, 5, 1 failure
    2015-04-20 14:01:06 [02] David Regan rolls 5 to Dexterity + Larceny (10 Again) 4, 8, 4, 4, 9 2 successes
    2015-04-20 14:01:06 [01] David Regan rolls 5 to Dexterity + Larceny (10 Again) 8, 8, 5, 7, 9 3 successes

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina nodded her agreement with what David said, and slipped in after him. Her knife was drawn now - better than later. She lurked around David, waiting for something to actually do, and looked around with him. Of course, tonight she is useless except for the Killing. She finds nothing in her search, and instead works on looking vaguely threatening in case someone decides to pop in for whatever reason.

Can't Find Shit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-20 14:46:34 Rina Yui rolls 4 to Int + Investigations. (10 Again) 7, 1, 5, 4 failure
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

A
    Angel Ducard

"That's Fine." I say to David, "They burn their beans anyway." I say as I follow the others in. Now I can start being a bit useful. Breaking and entering is not exactly my strong suit. However, finding stuff once inside, finding stuff of note is indeed what I am good at.

3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-20 18:06:47 Angel Ducard rolls 7 to Int3+Inv4 (10 Again) 2, 7, 6, 4, 10, 9, 8, 3 3 successes

"Hmm... This is interesting." I think out loud as I continue my search.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

As soon as the door is opened, the Lord moves inside in an almost predatory movement. Her eyes narrow as she scans and hunts through the space for the way into the sewer. In her eagerness she misses some cues and takes a couple of false starts to find what she seeks.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-21 04:34:05 Hildegarde investigates! rolls 5 to Intelligence + Investigation (10 Again) 4, 5, 7, 4, 10, 3 1 success
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

B
    BDeHaven

Following the rest of the group in to the building. The pleasant smells that linger in the backroom of the coffee house are replaced in an instance by my charnel odor as I stride in glancing around the place for the most logical area to put access to below. While searching I reflect back to when I first came to America, seeing the coffee house craze that was engulfing the nation and the night I decided to see just what all the fuss was about. What a waste of blood that was.

Looking around
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-21 06:45:30 Sergei looks around rolls 6 to Intelligence + Investigation (10 Again) 3, 10, 1, 7, 7, 4, 5 1 success

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It's a Starbucks.

Chrome travel mugs, tea packets, and coffee presses line shelves. A chalkboard with colorful writing cheerily proclaims that St. Patrick's Day Frappacino's are still available. Lucky you. Chairs turned up on small tables create the impression of a bramble patch in the front, which can be seen through a large door. In the back, where the group has entered, is sterile stainless steel and tile. It's comforting, in a way. There are no roaches or mice, nothing shitting in the coffee that the city's blood bags are ingesting.

A chalkboard sectioned into days has names neatly arranged across it, showing schedules and shifts. Surprisingly, in this day and age, an old corded phone hangs on one wall. It's not difficult to find what they're looking for. A storage room stacked with supplies, and a sturdy safe rest atop a bare concrete floor.

A neat municipal certificate proclaims an easement, and ban on any floor coverings, which explains why the slate tiles ends at the doorway.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Casitive

David doesn't look at the Clover Machine, worth months of his salary at the Funeral Home. It doesn't matter to him. What does matter is the boundary between built up establishment and an entry into the Underworld of Sacramento.

Coming around the safe, David says, “I will need assistance lifting this safe and moving it out of the way. I'm fairly certain our entry is right under it. Once it's open,” A look to Rina, “go in first and I'll follow.”

Roll needed?

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

It was a little uncanny walking through the dead coffee shop. Even after all these years it was still odd to see a place devoid of life when it normally had so much Kine blood walking through it on a daily basis. Or maybe he was getting used to the University. There were always late night lab rats scurrying about doing experiments. And when they weren’t there, there were the actual lab rats scurrying about.

Kenneth was about to start getting out his phone to start checking the most likely corner the entrance would be but the others had found it through actual searching before he’d even loaded the picture. The Nosferatu put his briefcase and satchel down and went to give David some assistance in moving the safe. Unsure whether they could move the safe and not wishing to appear weak before the other, Gilroy let his Blood flow into and strengthen his muscles. Krebs and Cori cycles be damned.

-1 Vitae
    Assuming David has average (2 dots) Strength, they should be able to lift 800 lbs
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Fortunately, the safe isn't bolted to the floor. Dull grinding and teeth-grinding metal shrieks herald the safe's slow journey of inches.

More smooth concrete is revealed.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread