Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Skeleton Keys) As Above So Below

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde did not know much about engineer but did have some limited experiences with orienteering. She tapped those memories, seeing the blueprints less as construction tools and more as maps. All that remained was to make the intuitive leaps to link the maps to what she saw on the surface. It took effort as she struggled to get the shattered pieces of her mind to align.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-10 23:10:34 Hildegarde attempts orienteering rolls 5 to Intelligence + Survival (10 Again) 1, 10, 7, 5, 2, 9 2 successes
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

2. Likes West liked this post

PRE

Truthfully, Josephine had not often studied plans such as these, not in any practical capacity, but she did not despair. Her mind was keen, after all, even if it was not the keenest, and she put it to good use. Heuristics, occasionally, were all one had to go off of, after all.

1 success :P
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 05:54:26 Jojo rolls 2 to what are...practical skills? (int3-1untrainted surv) (10 Again) 9, 2 1 success

B
    BDeHaven

I'm at a disadvantage here having never studied blueprints for any reason. The best that I can hope for is to make a educated guess.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 07:31:29 Sergei rolls 2 to Rolls 2 for examining blue prints (Int 3 - 1 for Untrained Survival) (10 Again) 1, 7 failure
    Damn why aren't these in Russian!

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina had never spent too much time looking at maps or blueprints. She'd learned a faster form of navigation, based on simple landmarks and explanations. Blueprints were entirely beyond her. She never had a prayer.

Nuthin'.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 17:20:39 Rina Yui rolls 3 to Intelligence + Survival. (10 Again) 4, 7, 2 failure
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

A
    Angel Ducard

I follow in the footsteps of the others and snap a few pictures of the blueprints. While doing so, I try to decipher the information in front of me, the blueprints are not something I am familiar with. However, computer schematics and network layouts, that is something I do know. So I access that part of my brain, in the review, I seem to be piecing things together. This goes there... that goes there....

1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-11 20:11:55 Angel Ducard rolls 2 to Int+Survival (10 Again) 10, 4, 5 1 success

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Blueprints are their own language.

A language of lines, of draftspersons odd notations; a hash here, a squiggle there -- small marks that could mean any number of things. Even the straight lines, noting walls, load-bearing walls, double walls, walls at a different elevation, criss-cross one another making the whole thing look like a time-elapse photograph of drunk light-cycle riders from Tron.

Construction, though, has rules, and one of them is the topology dictated by geography. Some see the connections between this road or thas river, until their mind's eye begin to orient the two dimensional representation of what lies below with the three dimensional reality surrounding them. Those that can't, aren't really to be blamed -- especially since this map is years out of date.

And yet, in those years, lies the answer.

Accessing the infrastructure of a municipal facility is no easy task, made less so by it being the bastion of a law enforcement facility. Oddly enough, the easiest point of access lies within the intimate purview of every single Kindred standing there.

Addiction.

Where they require the ruby red Blood of Life, their prey also bows to their own needs. A restricted access point on the map, clearly marked as a no-build easement, has given way to necessity and bowed to the needs of the many.

Starbucks.

Across the street, the green and white circular logo lights their path like a beacon. Below this, is their way in.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth looked at the map picture he had taken on his phone, zooming in or out as needed to make out a symbol or get a larger picture of the area. He hadn't ever worked in or studied construction blueprints. He had some experience with being able to read electrical circuit diagrams but that only helped marginally in this case. Instead he looked up from his phone every few seconds, trying to find some sort of landmark he could identify on the blueprint. Even after identifying a road the map didn't immediately unfold into meaning. For one, the symbols weren't always intuitive and for another was things didn't match up a hundred percent. It threw him for a minute before he realized it was actually inaccurate instead of him reading it wrong.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as he started focusing more of the differences. It brought his attention to the shop on the corner. Probably only one of many within the area. They were everywhere it seemed, especially around the university. How much coffee did college students need nowadays anyway?

After double checking to make sure his interpretation was correct, he raised a long thin arm toward the Starbucks.

"I believe that is where we need to head," he said. His voice carried despite being so weak. "There's a restricted access point mark at that location on the map."

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-13 01:29:18 Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Int+Crafts (10 Again) 5, 4, 6, 10, 1, 6 1 success
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Staring down at the blueprints, Twist ignored most of the words and abbreviations that covered much of the white space left between the lines of structure. She could manage the written English language well enough... but that... she didn't even bother trying.

Which meant that she could focus on the layouts more, the big picture as it were. As she was working out the details of what she was seeing, the voice of Kenneth carried and she glanced up at him without thinking. That was a mistake that she regretted immediatly and with relief she pulled her gaze to the others. Anyone being better in her eyes.

"I agree." She said simply, managing to keep her voice level.

2 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-13 10:39:38 Twist rolls 4 to Intelligence + Survival (10 again) (10 Again) 7, 10, 7, 6, 8 2 successes
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

C
    Casitive

Connections form and David turns his head towards the coffee-shop even before the worm of a man speaks. Does anyone in the group know that the crowned woman clothed in green and white is a Siren? Sirens much like the ones that caused sailors to dash themselves on rocks, hoping to find what they want or need? The Siren's beatific light shines down on the street like a spotlight, a blade of light piercing the gloom, inviting everyone to... what...? Find what they are looking for? Dash themselves on the rocks of addiction to a liquid that has caused as much pain as it has given pleasure?

David turns towards it, deft fingers moving to roll the blueprints up for the time being. “'Teach me to hear mermaids singing,/ or to keep off envy's stinging,/ and find...'” The Mekhet looks to Rina Yui , “I hope you have brought your lockpicks; we have to catch a falling star.

Breaking from the group, expecting others to follow, David moves towards the light. Watchful eyes consider the world around him, searching for a service entrance, a back-door, and a crack in the security.

A
    Angel Ducard

"Well done Kenneth," I look over to my clanmate and give him a nod, doing my best to not sound as if here were a child who had found my car keys, without telling me he had been using them to play pretend for the last several hours.

I follow after Priscus Regan without looking back to make sure mine are following, they are, and I am certain of it.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread