DISPLAYED
Billiards at the Blue Cue

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Some guys do," agrees Konrad with a shrug. "But I figure women tend to prefer a guy who can keep a cool head."

He smirks as she winks and idles over to watch her as she lines up her shot. "Nice job," he says as it rolls neatly into the pocket.

Madison's comment about life being too short makes him shrug internally, since he has had a long time to enjoy the night life and its various pleasures. And yet there would always be some distance between him and the excitement that Kine experience. Now he lives for other pursuits and other pleasures. It reminds him that the moments he and Madison share would be fleeting regardless of there being another woman or another man.

"Yeah, life's short. And we're only young once. Seems a shame to hit the brakes just cause everyone else expects you to. So what kind of guys have you dated before? I'm just curious. You don't have to tell me if you'd rather not say."

Even amid the conversation, Konrad doesn't keep the game from progressing, lining up another shot and giving what he thought was a smooth tap. But the Beast within him is ever aware of the pumping blood of prey within the room, specifically from the riveting woman that stood so close to him. The desire for Blood made for quite the distraction that he slipped in finger and sent the ball angling on an awkward course.

"Drat."

Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-05 23:17:30 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to 2nd turn at pool [INT+DEX] (1s Subtract) 5, 7, 4, 9, 3, 1 failure

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“A cool head is defiantly a plus.” She confirms. No one likes someone who is over jealous, it was just annoying. “But I think the same can be said about what guys like in girls.”

“Well, I haven’t really dated before, least not in the traditional sense. Where I’ve always moved around, I’ve never really put a lot into finding a boyfriend and dating.” She says with a shrug, figuring he could catch on that she was used to one night stands. “But I tend to go after the confident guys, and ones who aren’t intimidated by me. Oh, and he can’t be high maintance!” she says with a shake of her head. “What about you, think it’s only fair you answer your own question.” She says playfully as she watches him line up his shot. And frowns as he misses, “Aw.” She says, eyeing the setup on the table while taking a drink of her beer.

Blue eyes move from one ball to another as she picks which one to go after. She sees her target and lines up the cue. The white ball hits the one she was after and the ball sinks in the pocket. She was playing better than she ever had. But seems she was limited to only pocketing one ball as her next shot misses.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 12:49:52 Faye rolls 5 to Attempt at Pool(Dex+Int) (10 Again) 10, 2, 1, 10, 7, 4, 3 2 successes

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Damn, looks like I lost the pace," remarks Konrad with a grumbling sigh as another of Madison's balls sink. Good thing he hadn't bet anything on the game.

"Hmm? Oh me? I've never dated any guys before," he jokes with another playful smirk. "But women, yes. Actually I was engaged once. We were going to do one of those classic Vegas-style weddings but after she found out what a loser I am she decided to high-tail it. Probably for the best. Since then I just sort of play it by ear. My work tends to get in the way of anything serious, but now and then I meet some people who I can form a connection with. But it's the same with me, it's not something I actively put much effort into. If it happens it happens. Sometimes chemistry just sparks, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not something you can force really."

Konrad might seem to be stalling for time as he leans on the pool stick like a walking stick lazily. But once he finishes he starts to pace around the table, looking for a clear shot on the table. Finally he settles on one and takes aim.

Miss again
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 13:49:19 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to 3rd turn at pool [INT+DEX] (10 Again) 1, 2, 3, 5, 3, 4 failure
    He groans, smiling with some embarrassment as he falls further behind on the scoreboard. But there's always a chance he could catch up in the endgame as long as he keeps the eight ball out of her reach.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She matches his smirk, “Nothing wrong with it if you had.” She says playfully.

Something he said caught her off guard, “So wait. You were good enough to date, good enough for her to agree to marry you, but when it came down to it, you suddenly weren’t?” if she ever got to the point of marriage, she figured she’d know a lot about whomever she was going to marry. “Shouldn’t she had formed an opinion like that before the relationship made it to that point?” it just made no sense to her. “I’ve hung with you a couple times and I have yet to figure out something that would make you a loser,” she shrugs, “But that’s just my opinion and thoughts.”

She had heard those words before, it wasn’t something you could force. “Yeah, it’s either there or it’s not.” But then you had people like her who don’t know what to do with feelings. They run and try to avoid it, but she had to change that.

Faye bites her lip to stop from giggling as he missed again. It would have just been rude.

Eyes survey the table and current placement of the balls before she moves in to take her next shot.

Lining the cue up, she takes the shot, and misses, the striped ball bouncing off the edge of the pocket.

She laughs, “Well, looks like you get a chance to catch up.” She says with a cheeky smile.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 16:30:34 Faye rolls 5 to Playing Pool(Dex+Int) (10 Again) 5, 1, 5, 2, 7 failure

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Not saying I haven't thought about it either," jokes Konrad along with her.

"But I was a very different person back then. Maybe she anticipated a change in me. Maybe she got cold feet. Or maybe we had just rushed into it without thinking it through. We were young and stupid and maybe more optimistic. Vegas is the kind of town that changes you. Probably would have been a very different story if we had gotten hitched. I think things worked out alright. Heh, lots of maybes and what-ifs. Can't say for sure. Sometimes things happen for a reason, sometimes it's just the way the cards fall. But I appreciate your thoughts on it," he says with a wink.

As she misses her next shot, Konrad bumps her in the side lightly with his elbow. "Hey now, you're not going easy on me now I hope?" he teases back. "Cause I'm going to make you regret it when I sink that last eight ball."

Forgot Gangrel Weakness | Fail again
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 22:52:05 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to 4th turn at pool [INT+DEX] (10 Again) 4, 3, 3, 1, 8, 3 1 success
    Konrad laughs as he misses again. Or maybe it's the Beast laughing at his pathetic attempts to maintain the act of normalcy. This isn't who you are. You think you can play mortal games so candidly? Where's the violence? Where's the Blood? This thoughts echo as he calms his laughter before it takes a hysteric quality.

"Ah, maybe I spoke too soon."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking about Fate didn’t seem like something you mention while playing pool. “I’ve always believed things happen for a reason. And that reason may not make sense to us at the time, but it was what was supposed to happen.” She feels her cheeks flush, “Eh, sorry.” She says with a laugh.

She bumps him back, “Going easy isn’t my style.” She teases.

There was a smirk as he misses, “Now, what was that about making me regret something?” she asks playfully with a wink.

Her turn. She eyes the setup and lines up her shot, which missed the intended target. Her head hangs down, before she lifts it and smiles, “Seems I got a little too sure of myself.”

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-07 10:00:47 Faye rolls 5 to Playing Pool(Dex+Int) (10 Again) 5, 6, 2, 4, 3 failure

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Heh, so you believe in fate then? I guess I'm more of a mind that things are left to chance. But maybe that's my fate to believe that." He chuckles darkly again and then notes her second missed shot.

"Hmm, guess maybe we're distracting each other too well. I bet I know a cure for this." Konrad walks over to the side table where his drink is perched and takes another long swig off it. "A little liquid confidence aught to get my game back on track," he exclaims with a grin.

Sinks the Ball | 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-07 10:10:47 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to 5th turn at pool [INT+DEX] (1s Subtract) 4, 6, 1, 6, 10, 8 1 success
    Despite the protest of his Beast he manages to line up a shot and coax it into a corner pocket with a sharp tap of the pool cue. "Yess," he says, perhaps too enthusiastically while pumping his fist tucked against against him.

"Heh, maybe I aught to order us a few more free drinks to help us out."

8. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I do. Oh, there is always chance, that is never removed from the equation. But I believe that while we all have freedom of choice, what has already been decided by Fate will happen. Though sometimes it’s fun to just let the chips fall where they may.” She shrugs, knowing full well Fate was always in play. And if Konrad only knew the things she could do with Fate and Time that thought brought a wicked smile to her face.

She didn’t think drinking more would help them play pool. But as he sunk the ball, she was beginning to think it might.

Laughing, “Clearly liquid confidence is the way to go. Nice shot.” She says as she moves over to her beer and takes a swig off it, nearly finishing it.

“Lets see if it will work for me.”
    She says eying the table.

It was clear the liquid confidence worked as Faye sunk her remaining striped balls and finally the eight ball.

She jumps up, “Yes!” she wasn’t expecting to win, but luck was on her side. She then did a little dance back to the small table.

“I am all for more drinks, this liquid confidence is great.” Wink.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-07 15:52:37 Faye rolls 5 to Attempt at Pool(Dex+Int) (10 Again) 6, 10, 10, 10, 9, 3, 8, 5 5 successes

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad's face twists in a mock smile with some clear conflict of interest as he searches for the words to congratulate Madison. "Huh, well, can't win 'em all I guess," he says, nodding his head and rubbing his hand over his face and down to the point of his chin. "Dang, girl, I should'a known you got skills." But whatever consternation he feels melts away into a more genuine smile, having had his moment to whine.

"But at least this does confirm that beer makes one better at pool!" he exclaims, and with that he downs the rest of his first drink. Raising his hand to a passing waitress he instructs her to bring over two more drinks which make their way to their table shortly after.

"Well, I don't think I'm going to test my luck again just yet. How about we grab a booth and you can show me the finer things about Fate and Luck? I don't suppose you do palm readings. Maybe you can tell me what Fate has in store for me?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She shrugs, “You could very well beat me in the next game.” She tries to encourage, but doesn’t push her luck.

Laughing, “It does! Who would have guessed?!” she says before finishing off her beer as well.

“Oh, sure!” she wasn’t sure what she could show him, but she was game. “No, I never learned the finer art of palm reading. But I do tarot readings, and I happen to never leave my house without a deck.” She offers. A pool hall was kinda a weird place to do a reading, but she was never one to care what others said. “Would knowing what Fate had in store for you change your path and decisions?” she asks, curious. He was the one who mentioned he left things to chance.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread