Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 15 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan chuckled and gave a quick bow, "Int-introductions yes? Imma Morgan: courier of packages, documents, and today-as-a-special challenges. Nice to-to meet ye Chuck, She straightened up and then pointed back towards Asa Clark with a slightly confused look on her face, "Ano-and the dood's name tis Anon, that-t-t--", Her eyebrows shut up and she grimaced as her face flushed in embarrassment. She started rubbing the back of her head and let out a nervous laugh, "Eh-heh-heh, right-o. Anonymous nada-name, heh. D-d-don't mind me, m-my mouth goes a'fore me brain zzzometimes, heh." She just stood there for a minute, rubbing the back of her head and looked ashamed at her social flump.

Then she just twisted her torso and pointed back towards Asa with both hands, "Imma go-go report thine counter-challenge, heh. Hopefully-before-I-do-more-foolish-things. Bye-bye!" If anyone there had blinked they might have thought the raccoon had teleported instead of simly just moving quite fast. She really wished she hadn't introduced herself before her screw up.

But what was the saying in business? There is no such thing as bad publicity? They'd at least remember her.

Returning to Asa with all haste she stopped just short of violating his personal space. With a awkward grin she decided to get it all out, "Oh-heh kays. The pretty lady-who-owns-blue-car said no to race. B-b-but the Corvette's driver, whom is named Chuck, said he would race ye. Aaaalso, heh, ye d-d-did neglect to finish your half-of-introductions when we first met. Sssso I could nada g-g-give them your name, heh-heh...Proooobably would'a made t-t-things a tad less awkward." Morgan actually rolled her eyes and her head to the left whilst saying the world "probably."

"So, Imma gonna n-need name afore I keep playing, what-tis-game? Telephone? Yeah, afore I keep playing telephone between the racers. T-t-tis fun no-doubt," she held up a hand for hold which quickly turned into a thumbs up gesture, "But-but-but be nice to know whom I am playing with f-first, heh-heh...So can I please-please know yer name? Please?"

If Asa tried to wiggle out of giving his name, she'd hit him with the sad puppy eyes.

2. Likes Cayce, Teeramus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, did I forget? My apologies!"

He could probably deliver a sincere apology better than she could do puppy dog eyes. He decided to forego mentioning she wouldn't be the first, or last, woman he glossed over introductions with.

"That does sound awkward, to Herald the word of...,"
    Asa trailed off with a grin. A large hand was extended. "Morgan, forgive me. I'm Clark, and it's a delight to meet you."

Eyes glanced over from where she'd come from.

"And I fully vest you with the ability to wager with Chuck a cash amount up to, and including, our actual vehicles. Think of a big number, though, since my copilot's share is twenty percent."

Why not? He'd probably spent more on parties in the seventies getting his entire herd coked up for a secondary rush.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

A
    Angel Ducard

I smile at the options that are set out before my Dearest of Daeva's. "I have no idea. I don't know the first thing about car's beyond yours is a classic and his is probably very expensive." I smile to Viv and to Julian.

"Both cars are certainly beautiful in their own ways."

Sorry everyone. I kinda got lost in this thread for a bit there.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded, "Nada-no worries Clark, heh. Mmmistakes heh-happen. But, uh..." She fidgeted a little, worried about the next question. With a light laugh she continued, "If-if twenty per-sssent tis share, w-w-would that include losses?" She then held up both hands, waving them in the negative: "Not-not-not saying ye car not faster-better. B-but ye might, uh,", She scratched her head then quickly snapped her left fingers, "Ah! Ye m-might stop to not hit a kitten or something. I j-just wanna know sssso I know what-t you know so that-at I know how much I know I na-na-need to cover it. Ye know?" She put on a friendly smile at the end. What she'd said made perfect sense to her.

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

The only time Asa Clarke would ever stop for a kitten were if he were starving.

Maybe not even then. There's only so much fur on the tongue and between fangs that one can take. Better to fall Torpid than suckle the thin, dirty blood of a rodent.

Of course, none of those thoughts showed.

He withdrew the proffered hand; fair enough, she was into staring, but not touching. A finger drifted up to his chin as in thought.

"The only thing you'll have to cover, if I lose, is my cab fare home. I'll cover the rest. Deal?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

8. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Coco seemed to make her back their direction. She was amused that she was all about the Chuck, even making a bet in his favor, no less. All Vivian could do was smile. She really didn’t know what to do about the fiery woman.

She watched as the messenger relayed more messages. The so called ‘counter challenge’ was in place. Shaking her head to the ‘Vette’s driver. “I wouldn’t say second fiddle, Chuck.” At least it would be an exciting race; Corvette versus Mercedes. Vivian knew enough about cars to not be sophomoric about the odds. Of course the other best from Madison gained her attention in a most peculiar way.

Observing the scene around her, the Daeva felt eyes upon her. It didn’t bother her in the slightest, but she waited to turn until it felt a little less impeding. Grinning to Ramona Bohannon , catching her eyeing the vehicle she sprawled upon.

Vivian’s eyes quickly followed the minion messenger where she’d came. Watching Asa intently, waiting for some backlash for her decline. It didn’t seem like there was one, yet. Chuckling to Angel Ducard ’s thoughts on cars. “Quite alright. She’s just a little side hobby for me. A toy if you will. I’m sure she’d race someone in her class just fine.” Patting her hand on the edge of the hood, inviting the Haunt to sit and watch. "Julian, any interesting hobbies? Or are they all similar to random parties like this." Winking to the other Haunt.

Still, the Daeva was curious about Coco… She is spirited, I’ll give her that.

C
    Casitive

Funerals and Weddings. There are more similarities there, than one would believe. It makes sense, after all. Gathering families together always results in something happening. Sometimes, someone says something they regret. Other times, the brusque statements are exactly what is needed.

It probably has something to do with the mix of emotional baggage and the rarity of large gatherings like those.

Aďleen's funeral was no exception.

It was surprisingly normal,” David says softly in response.

No one knows her like David did, even if Michael tried to pretend. Respects were given. Eulogies were in short supply. That was probably for the best, anyway. Phony eulogies for Aďleen, from the lips of phonies who never reached out to her would have angered David.

She loved the water, the rivers,” eyes glance towards Star. “So, after a few words were said, I spread her ashes on the river. It was the least I could do for her.

"Nothing interesting, I'm afraid. I write; occasionally, when the inspiration hits. I also spend quite a lot of time reading" and browsing the internet, but procrastination doesn't feel half as bad with an eternity in front of you "So, yeah, random parties aren't usually my thing - but a change of pace is nice sometimes" he replied cheerfully, letting his gaze flick over the faces of those present. An errant thought couldn't help but wonder what sort of consequences would flow on, if the Prince happened to lose. The image of an Elder keying somebodies car almost brought forth a chuckle, forcing it instead into a wry grin.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Oh, right, she was supposed to shake the hand. Whoops. Mundane social interactions, just when she thought she had them she'd miss something.

A look of further concern passed over her face as she didn't think it'd be right for her to bet the man's car. "I-I would be willing to p-put money down in thine-favor, heh. Nada-w-want ye to lose thine c-c-c-c-vehicle. Um, aaalso," she tossed him back the car's fob, "Ye might w-w-wanna wipe that down afore ye pocket it, heh-heh," she held up both hands, showing the grime on them. She had been climbing public streetlight posts after all. Birds sometimes used them as toilets. She'd have to remember to wash her hands before she ate anything. After pausing for a minutes, she pointed back towards the challenger across the way, "I-I-I shalt go ano-and notify him that the b-b-b-bet be, uh $1000 I suppose tis lots, ye-have-that-car-ye-have-that-cash." She nodded to herself as the last part tumbled from her lips.

Morgan shook her head before looked up and asked Asa: "T-t-tis that too-too much, uh, Clark?"

ooc: for some reason I (the Player) glossed past the handshake offer. Sorry.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was probably the most time he'd spent talking to a woman that he wasn't going to sleep with in years.

Not that he didn't talk to women... it was just the way things happened. Most of the women he spoke with were Kindred, and most Kindred women...

The fob almost caught him by surprise as his thoughts wandered. A hand dipped into a pocket and produced a handkerchief, and he followed the recommendation. The square of material could have been an anachronism of a hipster, or even the airs of the wealthy. The truth was simply that blood smeared. Whether or not any given Kindred was overly fastidious, most learned to be cautious.

"Let me suggest an alternative? Ask what he'd like to wager, then just agree. Unless he's a cheapskate, and then just add two zeroes. Have a little faith, Herald Morgan!"

14. Likes Cayce, Origins liked this post
Page 8 of 15 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread