Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Adjusting his ad-hoc medicine bag, David doesn't notice the sting of rejection that is faint in the red-haired woman's voice. For all he notices her smile is genuine, her presence just as confoundedly vibrant. A small nod from the Mekhet accepts Vivian's vague explanation easily enough, not knowing just the type of party it actually was.

The group around the Daeva is getting really rather unwieldy.

Quickly glancing in Vivian's direction the Scarecrow of a man still clings to notions of outmoded politeness, “I'll see you later on, maybe, Ms. York.” Quickly ruffling the hair at the back of his head, he takes a tentative step backwards before weaving through the crowd in the same direction as the strangely happy woman. Somehow, he doubts that anything this 'Coco' would say would really be anything he is interested in.

Seeing Asa , David inclines his head deeply as he passes.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-26 18:10:10 David Regan rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy (Coco) (10 Again) 1, 2, 4, 2, 2 failure

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Copilot? For Asa's sake, he'd better never let the Twilit Page behind the wheel of his car. But issuing messages of challenge? Morgan tilted her head, causing even her Mask to resemble a curious raccoon. Yeah, that was a better fit for her, messenger and all that. Bigger engine means fastest car or something right? So probably the tendons-no-muscle, muscle car. She straightened her head with a crack of her neck.

The Twilit Page smiled at him and gave a nod of her head, "B-b-be ye heh-herald and isssssue challenge? Yada-yes I can-n-n-n swing that." Morgan accepts the the fob, "Tis there any-ny fffolks ye wanna race against oro-or will, uh..." looking around, Morgan points out a blue muscle car : "Will that-t-t car do as thine op-op-op-foe?"

After all, if the handsome man wanted to race someone specific, it would be bad to skip over them. He'd be disappointed and the idea of her disappointing him was itself disappointing.

A
    Angel Ducard

My face holds hints of an evil smile. Making Julian squirm is indeed good fun. "Indeed, you may have some competition Julian." I let the wave of violent noise flow over me, giving a little shake of my head it passes back to a dull noise. "Look who else is here." Asa stands out as a light in the crowd, which I find a very entertaining analogy when he is the leader of the night. I give him a subtle bow of my head, as if to say, I recognize your presence and that you are the Alpha here.

"Hello Viv!" I smile to her and move in to give her the half hug and kiss that we proper ladies are supposed to do. "You look amazing!" Not caring too much that I am interrupting if there are other conversations, saying hello to my Dear friend is far to important. Oh and checking the fabric on her outfit of course. But some things never change.

I take a couple steps back now, as if I am remembering my manners. Not that I could ever really forget them.

T

Chuck gave a sly smile at Vivian's response. "Of course." He wanted to go on, but more and more people seemed to be joining the group. Not that Chuck was uncomfortable, but it did make flirting a little less fluid.

He was surprised at just how many people already knew each other and wondered if an established social group had just managed to coalesce around their vehicles. He also noticed the gestures of respect towards the Mercedes owner. Apparently he was known as well.

"The owner of the Mercedes." Chuck said, turning to the smoldering beauty who had just embraced Vivian. "You know him?" he asked. "Name's Chuck." he added with a smile as he spun the Corvette's key ring around his finger once.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lips widened, the split open in soft laughter.

My... Herald?

An interesting choice of word, and of course the small woman had no idea that in some company it would imbue her with the entirety of his praxis. Not that he was adverse to the idea; after all, he had given that same power to Martha Villiers... it was just the coincidence of the word itself.

"By all means, Herald Morgan, by all means."
    A thought crossed his eyes, and he leaned closer to speak quietly. "Have you ever... tried singing? It's fairly common for some with speech impediments to be able to sing clearly. Unless it's just part of the staring?"

Asa straightened, again, and looked at the car she'd indicated.

"If that's the one you think we should race, I have absolute confidence in your instincts. Go forth and issue challenges!"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Origins, Cayce liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Something seemed slightly amiss with the bubbly redheaded pixie. Somehow, signals seemed to be crossed. Not knowing exactly which ones, Vivian didn’t act particularly different than normal.

“Wrong, dahling? No, no, you’re not. I just go with the flow.” Allowing herself to stand from the Nova, she leaned forward, gloved hand with the smell of her perfume touching Coco's cheek. “All is well, and I may need a navigator later.” Winking and retracting her hand, the copper haired woman seemed to have a thing for propositions. “And yes, David he and I know each other.” Nodding as he said goodbye.

Countering briefly, the Daeva waved. “Good to see you. I hope that bobble turned out well for you.” Grinning to Faye , a knowing look from the holiday sales.

Waving back to the Haunt’s approaching. “Well hello, Julian. I was wondering if you sent me on a rouse.” Winking in jest.

Dahling!” Reciprocating Angel’s embrace. “Thank you much." Vivian grinned as she released not caring if she broke up any conversation. Turning to the group, she held out her hand to the people who she just met. “I’ve met a few before, Coco and Madison, some just tonight.” Smirking to the ‘Vette owner.

Because she knew the man in the Mercedes as the Prince, it was hard not to let the man out of her peripheral vision. She saw a woman pointing at her, then speaking to Asa . Oh, that’s just smashing… At first, Vivian wasn’t going to answer Chuck’s question, then she thought she better before someone else said something. “Oh, yes. A friend of sorts.”

Maybe this is my punishment for 'over avoiding' him... blast.

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-27 21:48:32 Viv - What's wrong with Coco rolls 6 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 10, 1, 1, 7 2 successes

ooc

She strolls down the lane of parked cars, stopping here and there. There are some truly fabulous vehicles on display. But without a look at the engine, none of them hold her attention for very long. Slowly but surely, she progresses farther from the parking area, and more towards the party area. Which is where she finds someone who stands out, particularly when he's irritated and trying to shed himself of someone's spilled drink. "Green!" She shouts in greeting, and raises an arm to wave. He's not the last person she'd expect to find here, but he's certainly not the first either.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Surly giant is surly. Now his handkerchief is all wet sticky and red red red. He needs a wash but realises there won't be any facilities out here. Not really.

He could get angry about this. He feels it in his volcanic gut. But what would it serve? The little squirt is gone. No point randomly picking a fight because that is just stupid. He exhales loudly.

He hears a voice. He recognises it. Ramona may be much smaller than he but she is certainly not as fragile as the rest. The mountain grunts and raises his mucky hands.

"Uh. Yeah. Ramona. Yeah! Watch out. Them folks are, like, blind here. Or something."

10. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Aha! Yes! The plan would soon come to fruition! All Coco would need was a thin, sharp bit of metal (oh, say, a scalpel), a distraction, and four seconds near the back tires of Vivian's car. Certainly, such a malfunction would bring a wealth of shame down upon the red headed jilt! Her cuts would be precise, expert one might say, and difficult to detect without soap and water. None would know the difference until it was too late! That is, of course, if none saw her in the act. What would happen if they did. The Claviger's (faceted quatrain) eyes drifted as she walked towards another group of cars, their gleaming metal petals displaying foreign brands stamped upon their faces, their chassis low to the ground, and the men lounging near them. The tell tale glint of something within the waistbands of the men sent a shiver down Coco's spine, and rather quickly she began to re-evaluate her plan. Any mortal foe she was confident she could best one on one, even one with a gun, but a whole posse was not yet within her range of skill (much to her chagrin). Yes, it seemed that once more, her desires just could not be met.

Damnation!

Or, well, perhaps she was merely going about the situation wrong. Perhaps there was another way to strike back at Vivian. Perhaps the mind of another could aid her in finding the right path to pettiness retribution.

Smile completely faded away, Coco turned to David. "My proposition is simple: money for your aide and advice. You must be in need of income if you've come here tonight, though I suspect there is the possibility that you might also be somewhat of an altruistic Wanderer. Either way you shall suit my purposes. So, my quandary is this: your acquaintance Ms. York has abused me and I wish her to feel the same sting of casually inflicted injury which she has caused me. How would you go about this, if you were in my place?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

12. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The smiling raccoon nodded at Asa, "Heh-did do the karaoke b-b-but reeeeally drunk. Drinking d-does kill the stutter too, heh...and hanging from buildings sssso m-m-m-brain causes stutter n-n-nada physically induced." Morgan had figured out her problem came from nervousness not her flesh. Having other things to fear, or being to drunk to be scared, helped a lot to clear up her speech.

She then gave the man a salute, spun on the ball of her right foot, and started walking over to the group around the muscle car. There was a man, a couple of pretty ladies and...crap Cosima was there getting...her face rubbed by one of the pretty mundanes?! Morgan glared at that. She might dislike Cosima but that disdain didn't include the wasp's girlfriend. It was doubly relieving when Cosima left the gaggle around the muscle car.

For a moment, the Twilit Page just stood there, looking from Vivian to Chuck, and then to Angel. After a pause she smiled whilst closing her eyes before trying to speak as cheerfully as possible, "S-s-sorry to interrrupt. B-b-but tis a request. Heh-whom tis the d-d-d-operator of the buff-blue car? T-t-the d-d-d-gentleman over there," without opening her eyes she jerks a thumb over her shoulder back towards Asa Clark, "Ask t-that I issue his challenge that, quote..." She took in a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut. A look concentration passed over her face, "T-t-that thine vehicle looks slower than molasses on a winter day, t-t-thus ye are challlenged to race."

She opened her eyes with a relieved sigh that she got it right and was still smiling. She patiently awaited the reply.

14. Likes Teeramus, Orianna, InvertedMonkey, West liked this post
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread