Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan risked her neck jumping buildings. How much more dangerous could something with airbags be? She hopped in.

When Clark's car blew away from the start and smoothed into the finish line, Morgan had only caught half of its arrival as she had just finished arriving herself. Her mouth hung open for a minute before she grinned and hopped out of the car, bouncing with excitement, , "Izza m-m-made a great choice to-to be copilot to, hihihihihi."

She arches a brow at Coco, "Let me put it another way, of the things that I have that would be of reciprocal value to Green's wager of choice, I am not willing to risk any of them. That better?" Or at least give her a more clear explanation, perhaps? "Besides I didn't came here to wager, I came here-" the squeal of tires drowns them out, and suddenly Ramona's lips twist into a grin as she leans past Coco to get a good look at the race. They're soon caught in the dust clouds kicked up by the cars, and the scent of exhaust and burning rubber washes over them, while the roar and screetch of engines carries the two automotives towards the finish line, "-for that!" She finishes, jabbing an outstretched arm at the cars for emphasis. The excitement, the rush of adrenaline, the powerful machines, the raw speed. You don't need to wager to have a good time at a car race. Much as it might help. "And the music. Though so far the music's been a bit of a disappointment."

C
    Casitive

Long silence follows Star's question. David hangs his head, his hand reaching back behind his neck. Without knowing it, David had found Aοleen and her touch had awakened a sleeping soul. He didn't know it at the time but he was searching for her, waiting for her. Was she looking for him? Or was she too afraid to see what he was to her?

Eyes search out the trampled, dusty ground.

“I don't know,” David states plainly.

“When I kissed her,” the mourning lover says. “When I touched her. I hope I showed her. I hope she understood. There was so little time. One night we were together and the next, she was gone.” A mind reached back to the imprints passed to him from Martha. Of how thankful she was. Of how he changed her life. “I wanted her to know.” The last said more to himself than to Star.

Shoulders droop and even the roar of miniature explosions propelling cars ever forward, doesn't rouse David from his thoughts or his private pain.

David nudges a lone-rock aside, “Maybe you'll learn from my mistakes. There's never enough time.”

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was here for the racing as well. The moment the shrill clarion call of the screaming tyres was heard, the mountain shifted his position almost completely to watch the streaking flash of metal and the smokey twisters of burning rubber left in their wake.

"HELL YEAH!"

Fist punched the air. His voice rumbled like thunder.

A mountain of a man experienced pleasure.

T

As soon as he was a fraction of a second late on the start Chuck knew it wasn't going to go well for him. The Mercedes took off from the line and speed ahead of him like it had something to prove, and maybe it did; from back there he couldn't tell.

What he could tell was that his gear changes weren't fluid enough and that once the needle swung past the 100mph mark his inexperience driving at such speeds cost him precious seconds. He was glad he hadn't taken a copilot as Clark had, only because they would have seen how white his knuckles were as he gripped the steering wheel as he sped ever faster. He was nearly redlining at over 160mph and yet the Mercedes still edged even further away from the Corvette. Despite the elegance, beauty and raw power of his machine, Chuck knew he was outclassed in every aspect. He'd misjudged the other vehicle and the driver was obviously an experienced beyond what Chuck current knew.

As he put the Mercedes out of his mind and focused on not making a complete fool out of himself, he fought off the memories of hurtling along at such a speed. This time he was travelling along the ground instead of towards it and he was in control instead of helplessly watching his inevitable fate rise closer and closer to meet him.

Then suddenly he was past the finish line.

He pulled up a reasonable distance from Clark's vehicle and simply sat for a few seconds, hands on the wheel un-moving. He pulled himself together and looked out the window at Mr Clark, standing beside his car waiting for him. Waiting! The arrogance of the man. The worst kind of arrogance. One you couldn't fault because it was entirely justified and everyone knew it.

Nevertheless Chuck stepped from his car a walked over to Mr Clark and his herald Miss Morgan, offering him a forced smile that didn't reach his eyes and a nod of respect as he got closer.

5 rolls to reach 20 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 13:40:13 [05] Chuck rolls 14 to Race Dex+Drive-Unskilled(1)+Handling(4)+Acc(12)-SafeSpeed(4) (10 Again) 5, 2, 8, 3, 6, 8, 9, 9, 4, 4, 8, 5, 10, 6, 2 6 successes
    2015-04-06 13:40:13 [04] Chuck rolls 14 to Race Dex+Drive-Unskilled(1)+Handling(4)+Acc(12)-SafeSpeed(4) (10 Again) 8, 1, 9, 4, 7, 9, 4, 8, 7, 4, 8, 3, 3, 9 6 successes
    2015-04-06 13:40:13 [03] Chuck rolls 14 to Race Dex+Drive-Unskilled(1)+Handling(4)+Acc(12)-SafeSpeed(4) (10 Again) 6, 1, 8, 8, 4, 8, 3, 6, 1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 6 3 successes
    2015-04-06 13:40:13 [02] Chuck rolls 14 to Race Dex+Drive-Unskilled(1)+Handling(4)+Acc(12)-SafeSpeed(4) (10 Again) 9, 9, 2, 5, 3, 3, 6, 2, 8, 2, 10, 2, 10, 6, 5, 3 5 successes
    2015-04-06 13:40:13 [01] Chuck rolls 14 to Race Dex+Drive-Unskilled(1)+Handling(4)+Acc(12)-SafeSpeed(4) (10 Again) 7, 1, 2, 5, 7, 1, 1, 3, 6, 1, 6, 2, 9, 8 2 successes

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Damnation!" Coco swore as the cars blew by, and with them any hope of a bet that she could make. Her spirit did brighten a bit when she realized that she had escaped losing quite a bit of money on Chuck, but alas, she had been hoping for a bet in the place of that one. It seemed the fates were not that kind, however, and yet another desire was to go unfulfilled tonight.

"Well, it looks as though you've had your way, Ramona!" the Claviger exclaimed, turning to offer the stout woman a mock bow. "As for you, friend Green, unfortunately terms were not declared, but in future I would be most open to betting with you. For the moment, however, I believe that I shall go in search of ecstasy's essence, and shall bid you all adieu."

With that, Coco was off again, disappearing into the crowd...

Coco exits the scene!
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

7. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Speaking of limits? Sharing has limits.

The talk about kissing, and touching, and being together? Nobody wants to see unmentionables in the laundry. Detergent advice. That's all. Nobody's reciprocating, either. There's Totally A Difference between Public Places and Public Eposure.

"I'm, uh, sure she did."

Pretty. Sure. After all? Anyone who spent five minutes with this guy would know. Right?

"And, I try."
    Hush, Yoda. But it was True. And she Knew. Maybe We cheated, just a little. Sapphires, yo. They're precious. Rare.

"I cook for her."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes widened slightly at the stream of noise coming from Morgan. Silent laughter shook Asa's shoulders, and ended in the slight shake of a head.

"I think you did,"
    he agreed, bemused.

The smile remained as he turned his attention to the other man.

"Sorry about that,"
    Asa offered. He wasn't sorry about winning. It simply wasn't in his Blood to lose. If anything, it was the manner of winning.

"Want to trade cars, double or nothing?"

Winning graciously was something he'd learned over the years, as well.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

11. Likes Origins, Teeramus, Cayce, Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    Casitive

“Ah. Sorry.”

A flush of color blossoms on David's cheeks as he realizes that maybe, just maybe, he shared a little too much. A nervous shuffle and David shifts on his feet again.

The thought of cooking strikes David as weird. On rare occasions, he's baked in the past but those cookies went to neighbors; all he wanted was the scent in his basement apartment. Cookies were merely an accessory and cooking is not something David thinks of anymore. Eating food and the thought of David eating food fills the Shadow with a bit of unease.

Bonding cannot happen and differences cannot be bridged if one no longer breaks bread.

It escapes the Shadow that it isn't about the food but the act.

“I see,” David replies, “What do you cook? How'd you start?”

However, briefly, David wonders what it would have been like to hunt with Aοleen.

T

Chuck's impression of arrogance shattered with Clark's apology and his smile suddenly reached his eyes. He paused for a second, passed his gaze over the Mercedes for a second before bringing it back to look the owner in the eye.

"Absolutely." he said with anticipation. Clark would get 4K and Chuck would get to drive his beast of a vehicle. It seemed like a decent deal to him.

Vivian, Madison, Coco, even Aryana were forgotten for the moment.

His fished the Corvette's fob out of his pocket and handed them over, hoping he'd be able to drive the Mercedes half as well as Clark did.

Page 12 of 15 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread