Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Fringe Elements

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
    T

Chuck raised his eyebrows when Faye mentioned she could provide the show, wondering if that was just to embellishing the flirting or if she was actually some sort of performer. He tried to give her a winning smile to show that he was interested but his attention was taken by watching Morgan deliver his wager to Mr Clark.

There were those who would say Chuck was arrogant. If asked, he would have said that it was only in the areas where he was skilled or where he knew he was right that he showed such confidence. That's right confidence, not arrogance. Not knowing the skill of the other driver, nor even his own capability, Chuck wasn't confident enough to place a larger wager. So he was relieved when his opponent didn't challenge the amount. Though his smirk seemed to indicate he was less than impressed and Chuck gave him a cautious smile in return.

He gave Coco the smallest of waves as she departed, clearly onto her next fancy. He was amused but un-surprised that she had left as fast as she had arrived.

"No." Was all he said to Vivian with a excited looking smile before he turned to open the door of the Corvette and drop into the driver's seat. He had at least had time to get somewhat familiar with the vehicle, it being lower to the ground and having far more pick-up than SUV he had been driving the last few months. He slowly pulled it out through the thronging masses and made his way to where it seemed to race/s would be taking place and waited with anticipation.

C
    Casitive

“It's ...kind of what the movie 12 Monkeys is based on,” David mentions readily, knowing well that most people will know Terry Gilliam's film more than Marker's original. One might even argue that Dark City is in the same vein. But where one explores what it means to be an individual, the other explores singular moments that create our perceptions.

A quirk of a brow follows Star's explanation of Silver Linings. “Really? I was beginning to think he was type-cast. I haven't seen it, but didn't it make him the perfect man?”

Reaching up, David readjusts how his bag of supplies sits on his shoulder. “It's hard to be intelligent when there is no one around to share it with. To learn from in turn. I suspect it made Cooper's character a little lonely, unless they added a love interest who could keep up. Sometimes,” speaking from experience, “it's isolating.”

V
    Vivian York

“Oh!” Vivian was not entirely surprised, but not entirely shocked. “Well then, give ‘em hell!” Laughing, as Chuck got in the ‘Vette. He’ll probably get his arse licked. She speculated, or she could be entirely wrong. It may be entirely a toss up, who knew what was under either hood.

But as soon as Chuck got in the car, the Daeva pulled out some cash from her pocket. Folding it appropriately so it stuck straight, the stark white hand waved it in the air. "Two-hundred on the Mercedes.” Because why not.

Vivian needed some reason to pay attention to the race. Well, more reason than just the race. Like any gambling, a lady needed to keep it interesting. Her Blood’s need to be entertained at times did make for a fun night.

Or night from hell…

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Whoah, yo. Khakis club isn't MENSA.

"I, like, loved 12 Monkeys. I think it's pretty funny, you know, that Bruce Willis was in one of the, hmmmm, best time travel movies? And then one of the worst. The, ummmm. Looper. Right. Looper."
    Time is a funny thing. It's like what they said in Interstellar. More funny? That a person can be the best and worst of themselves. Some people call that a body of work. Ups. Downs. Career Limiting Moves.

But it's really just about selling tickets, right?

"Ummmm. Sure? I guess?"
    Dubious tones make questions not really questions. Isolated? Sure. Never by intelligence.

"But, I think, life is like that. You know? Too much of anything,"
    a hand fluttered up, then down, "Off baseline? Is isolating. I think... I think, maybe, the thing of it is, is you have to See it. And then, either," the hand moved to the center, "Kind of. Hmmm. Settle? Or just accept. That you're, like, not the same."

Get out the waders, yo, it's getting deep.

"Was she, uh. Was she isolated, too?"

Maybe khakis and different girls go together.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Travisc06489, Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Eyes follow the fluttering hand while Star speaks, or rather, gesticulates his point. David's hand rakes the mop of brown hair that follows its own whims on his head. Looper, David didn't catch. 12 Monkeys, however, he did. David prefers La Jetιe.

The conversation isn't really about Movies, though, is it?

“She was...” David starts and stops, he readjusts himself and shifts his weight. “Aοleen didn't understand how wonderful she was.” A moment is taken, selfishly for himself, “She was shy, yes. She hated the lime-light. She was content to be the support – not the leader. Everyone else overlooked her, paid little mind to her. But, from the first moment I saw her and heard her speak so well about a book I … I saw her.”

David grows quiet and introspective, lips drawn into a thin line. A swallow follows.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well she defiantly is a beauty.” She compliments the car.

There was a shake of her head, “Can’t say I’ve been to a race before, but it is certainly exciting.” Wink.

When Chuck smiled, she returned it, seeing how the race was about to start. She a little bit of car knowledge, but not enough to take a guess as to who would win. But she did know the Vet would beat her car, so maybe it could beat the Mercedes?

She wasn’t broke or anything, but business was kinda slow, so she couldn’t afford to throw money on a race. But the desire and the thrill of betting and taking the chance with Fate and luck was too strong.

Her hand reaches into the pocket of her jeans and pulls out some money, smiling to Vivian,

“Two hundred on the Corvette.” She says with a playful grin and holding up her money.

What would I be willing to risk to Coco? Nothing. The answer is immediate. She might trust the Fairest as a member of the Freehold, to not do her physical harm, but that doesn't mean the Claviger would have her best interests at heart. Coco had already been badmouthing Ramona behind her back, you don't volunteer ammo to that kind of person.

She glances up at Green. His wager is interesting, but she honestly has nothing of reciprocal value. "Too rich for my blood, I think. I might sit this one out." Two hundred dollars, the other wagers on offer, would just about drain the budget she'd allowed for fun tonight. Even if she felt pretty good about the Mercedes' chances.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Like a lazy white tiger, Asa's car slipped over to the starting line.

Eyes glanced over at the other driver, and a hint of ivory flashed with a smile. In darkness, not everything is what it seems; and his car, like him, was a hidden predator. With over 800HP and a top speed that broke the 200MPH mark, the Brabus 850 was a Beast in it's own right. And like a lissome Daeva, concealed power far beyond appearance.

Memories drifted backwards, remembering Elle Moiraine and her car.

A hint of soft laughter was still rippling outward, as he crossed the finish line. People had lived and died, lifespans passed, before he'd ever learned how to drive. One of the advantages of the Requiem. The car stopped, returning to it's motionless elegance. Asa got out, leaning against, waiting for the other car to finish.

2 rolls to reach 20 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-04-06 13:33:35 [02] Asa Clarke rolls 26 to SLEEPER Dex + Drive + Spec (8) + Handling (5) + Acc (+12) -0 Safe Speed +1 Diff (9 Again) 9, 1, 4, 4, 7, 1, 8, 7, 2, 8, 2, 5, 1, 4, 1, 10, 5, 9, 6, 8, 2, 5, 10, 10, 4, 10, 3, 2, 8, 13 successes
    2015-04-06 13:33:35 [01] Asa Clarke rolls 26 to SLEEPER Dex + Drive + Spec (8) + Handling (5) + Acc (+12) -0 Safe Speed +1 Diff (9 Again) 2, 4, 10, 5, 6, 9, 6, 10, 3, 7, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2, 10, 2, 10, 1, 6, 8, 1, 6, 6, 6, 9, 8, 9, 6, 9, 5, 11 successes
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

10. Likes Teeramus, Origins, Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Some people are waiting to be found.

It's not always about them, sometimes, the person doing the finding is the one that needs it. Sometimes they both need it. He'd found a grey wraith haunting alcoves.

"Did she? After? Did she see what you saw? Did you show her?"

Sometimes, that means more than everything else. Flowers. Lights. Movies. It's hard to see yourself, yo. Even in a mirror, it's reversed. It isn't True. Especially when some thing, you don't want to see, or aren't looking for.

Or think that they're Just Not There.

Unless you're shown.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Too rich for your blood?" Coco scoffed, staring incredulously at the smith. "You get to set the terms of the bet! How could it possibly get any less rich! You just don't desire to bet! Well why not? Why else would you be here tonight?" the Claviger irascibly inquired, oblivious to the race as the cars lined up.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Page 11 of 15 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last
Closed Thread