Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Another Day

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Vince stares at the clock... 7:32 became 7:33.

He rolls over. 8:55.

The cell is dialing the number. 9:10 "Come on guys, What do I do with this chip?" he mutters to the morning sun.

Vince lies there on the lumpy sofa bed as the clock turns 9:15 AM. Still, no phone call. Soon Charity emerges from the hallway, dressed in the same pajamas from the night before. She walks into the kitchen and soon Vince can smell coffee brewing.

Vince smiles, Coffee has that effect on people. After some indecsion, he does it. He calls THEM, who ever THEY are.

Here:
    ((http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?p=32973#post32973))

The cell phone lands on the couch forgotten. Vince moves into the kitchen, checking in on Charity. "Good Morning." He says, hiding the panic and frustration he's feeling. He leans casualy against her fridge, His foot tapping impatiently.

Charity turns and smiles at him "Good morning. You want some coffee?"

Just then Vince's phone rings

Vince answers it. Speaking quickly. Once done he puts the phone away. "Sure. But I have to jet afterward. I want to get this over with."

The whole thing was surreal. Like a bad Bond Movie. Vince just hoped Charity didn't want to tag along.

"Cream and sugar?" Charity asks as she pours him a cup of coffee

"So, you got a hold of the guy you needed to talk to then?"

"I think so. And yes please." Vince leans up against a counter and for the first time really sees Charity's home. He had been in such a rush, such panic only now did he see her home. "I get my comp back. Life goes back to normal.' He realizes normal wasn't Charity. Maybe some change then.

She fixes him the cup of coffee, and they sit at the kitchen table drinking coffee and making a little smalltalk.

Charity bids him goodbye after he's finished his cup of coffee, telling him to call her later if he wants to hang our or something.

The question is, how is Vince planning on getting to Rosemont?

Vince opens his wallet and finds little. Enough for bus fare? Maybe? No more fancy cab.

Vince wanders out toward the road and walks toward the nearest Bus stop. Eager be rid of his trouble.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last