Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Sac Noir) Josephine to David

THREADID

PRE

Josephine, after the horribly pointless night at the Circle of the Crone's outdoor temple, decided that she must take matters into her own hands. The first step to that, of course, being to learn more about what they faced, and what better way to do that than by bringing in an expert on the very matters that currently mystified her. Thus she called the number of the one Kindred who she suspected might know something useful about Ancient Egypt: David Regan .

The line rang...

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Chimes ease into being in the sterile embalming chamber. Like an invading army, formaldehyde invades the veins and musculature of a client on the slab. David stands sentry, watching the progress while he peels off a latex glove and finds his phone, hitting the glowing green accept button on the unfamiliar number.

Good evening, this is David Regan,” the Shadow's voice carefully neutral.

PRE

"David Regan, hello," came the accented reply. "This is Josephine. I was calling because I've noticed that you tend to incorporate ancient Egyptian iconography into your attire. From what I have observed of you, I take you to be a man who acts with purpose and thus I assume that your manner of dress is not merely beholden to the whims of fashion. In other words, I suspect that you happen to be somewhat schooled in the history, mythology, and culture of the Black Land. Would this be an accurate assessment?"

C
    Casitive

David slides his phone into the crook between his shoulder and his ear, his now free hand patting the top of his client's head. “You would be correct, ma'am.” His eyes sweeping over the four sons of Horus. Sensing that Josephine has more to say, the Mortician simply listens carefully.

"Magnificent. I wish to draw upon your knowledge, if you are available. There is a matter of grave importance concerning a recent, hmm, immigrant, I shall say, who's affairs are unfortunately clashing with those of Clarke, and by extension, us. This immigrant, Nefertiti Khan, hails from Egypt, I believe, and I think that your knowledge could be invaluable in identifying a solution to the problem which she poses. Would you be able to meet me and discuss the matter in more detail soon?" The Ventrue asked, hoping that the Morticians schedule wasn't too pressing.

C
    Casitive

I can,” David says into the phone, soundlessly working on his client, “I'm currently at work at Cedar Fields Funeral Home and that might be the most convenient place for us to meet.” Eyes dip down in an unfocused stare at the individual on his slab, “The back-door is actually the best door.” These nights it is certainly about a creative use of time.

"I shall arrive presently. Thank you for being so accommodating," the Ventrue replied, relieved surprise evident in her voice. "Until then."

Closed Thread