Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Brady Bunch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The office of Asa Clarke.

At the Nox Populi, there were two; one below, in the underground, and one above, in the club proper. Near mirrors of each other, set with a desk, large couches, a television, and full bath facilities, the upstairs had one wall lined with with dark glass. Muted lights pulsed through the darkness, revealing it to be a one-way mirror overlooking the club floor.

As each of the Prisci arrived, they would be greeted by Nika Crassus and led upstairs rather than below. There was no reason to involve every neonate of the Domain.

The furniture had been rearranged to form a semi-circle around the sturdy oak desk. Behind the desk, in a dark matte black Herman Miller Aeron, sat the Prince of the Domain.

Across from him, on one end of a couch, sat the Accused.

Erika Brady
    Blood Potency ●●●●
    Presence: ●● (Occam's Razor) Striking Looks ●●●● (Red Hair, Green Eyes)

Erika Brady.

A stern pant suit hid her most obvious assets, and her hair was done in a neat and severe bun. Any cursory inspection would assume she had come prepared for matters of importance. Despite the abrupt change in appearance, it wasn't the most noticable change in the Shadow Regent.

A predator, laid bare.

Once before, she had revealed the power usually hidden behind her green eyes, and did so again.

Entry to the office is subject to Predator's Taint.
    Roll for Frenzy (Resolve + Composure) +1 as an Extended Action with a target of 4 Successes.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Should the Reeve be here? Honestly, Chris doesn't have a single clue. He wasn't invited to the party, but he's free to enter Nox as he wishes. So that's what he does. In his completely black suit, he has a serious appearance. The Shadow is not here to party.

As soon as he sees Nika Crassus he greets her with a nod. 'Miss Crassus.' And since he has no intention of going anywhere in particular, he says: 'I'll be nearby for when I'm needed.'

If all hell breaks loose, Chris wants to know it. If only six Kindred return from the meeting, he definitely wants to know it. Or just one.

That would be... interesting.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

3. Likes Cayce, Forn Clakes, West liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Nika Crassus' heels click along with a surety borne of familiarity. Each whip-crack is, to David, the ticking of a clock. The unerring continuance of time that counts up and counts down to something. But what, prey-tell, is the clock ticking down to?

As he goes up the stairs, David touches the ring that sits on his finger. Rings mean many things to many people: eternity, a vow, a promise. To the Shadow Priscus, it means all of these things and more.

Despite the dour mien David has adopted, other symbols figure themselves into his appearance. Cufflinks of a scarab beetle and an ibis holding a feather rest at each wrist. An Egyptian Blue tie, is tied in his customary four-in-hand knot. David is, who he is and who he is, is written on each choice he made in his appearance.

“Reeve,” David greets formally on his way passed the man.

Steeling himself and his Companion, David opens the door. The Prince is a tranquil stream where Erika Brady, who has unveiled herself, is a white-water rapid. Fear washes over the Libitinarius and his companion in a thousand discordant voices, urges him to run away. It claws at the walls of David's mind and rears itself backwards. The statement that the Doctor is making has not yet entered the mind of the Shadow.

But, David stands firm, his knuckles white on the knob. He's seen that play before and logic fills the spaces between fear. It is the very same play she made nearly a year ago. The subtle intimidation and the veiled threat felt like her trying to scare the clan into submission. Tonight, it feels to David as though she is trying to assert her Dominance in preparation.

David will not relent to his fear.

He will not relent to her who needs to project her power like a Frigatebird when threatened.

“Your Grace,” David offers faintly as he steps into the room and folds himself into a seat.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-22 09:56:24 [02] David Regan rolls 7 to Res + Comp + 1 (10 Again) 2, 10, 5, 7, 10, 6, 8, 5, 8 4 successes
    2015-02-22 09:56:24 [01] David Regan rolls 7 to Res + Comp + 1 (10 Again) 4, 1, 3, 10, 2, 1, 5, 7 1 success

J
    Juan Cordoba

The meeting was most unexpected in that the Toreador had no insight on the matter. What he did know she was a Regent with a particularly sharp tongue.

As this was a special occasion. Cordoba chose a black suit and a bright white dress shirt with French cuffs. A red and gold Paisley silk tie adorning his chest. A matching set of cufflinks adorned his wrists. A kerchief placed precisely within the breast pocket.

"Good evening Miss Crassus." He greeted the Prince's Ghoul pleasantly. The Daeva followed Nika - going upstairs for a change.

Cordoba spoke cordially to the Mekhet as he passed, "Reeve Wooding." The man's expression alone demonstrated he had a job to do.

Arriving at the private chamber, his eyes gravitated to the Prince. As always, His Grace was a calm and serene figure. The Daeva knew better though. Asa Clarke wielded tremendous power.

Then a terrible surprise - a beautiful woman who bore a monstrous presence. He averted his eyes in a nervous tick. He steeled himself not to flee from the occasion. In the silence that followed, the frightened Beast had fallen silent.

The eerie silence of the room was unsettling. Juan faced Asa, "Your Grace." Then to the Mekhet, "Priscus Regan." Rather than assume that this was Erika Brady, he kept his mouth shut. A simple nod to her was given. Cordoba took a seat on the couch, near Regan.

Succeeded
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-22 11:50:08 Juan rolls 6 to Res + Comp + 1 (10 Again) 5, 10, 8, 2, 5, 1, 2 2 successes
    2015-02-22 11:47:30 [02] Juan rolls 6 to Res + Comp + 1 (10 Again) 10, 9, 1, 3, 7, 6, 5 2 successes
    2015-02-22 11:47:30 [01] Juan rolls 6 to Res + Comp + 1 (10 Again) 9, 5, 5, 4, 1, 3 1 success

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina entered the Nox, as she had been asked by Regan, but, like the Reeve, she shook her head at Miss Crassus. "I will be awaiting summons." She was ready for it to be a long, boring night. She had even brought a book, dog-eared from numerous readings, to pass the time.

She nodded to the Reeve, where he lingered. "Mr. Wooding." She found herself a chair nearby and leaned back, opening the book to start reading.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

A
    Angel Ducard

Tonight I come alone. No whip with me this evening. I will be in a room with the Prince. This is my first meeting with His Majesty in an official capacity. If I said I was not nervous, I would be lying. I am indeed nervous. His Majesty is certainly the pinnacle of masculinity in this domain, and extremely handsome to boot. But as the Prince, I know without a doubt that he could snuff me out just by pressing his middle finger to his thumb; it wouldn't even take a snap. So if my skin could goose pimple, and if I could break into a cold sweat, I would certainly be dealing with both symptoms. And most frustrating of all is that I have no idea what this is all about. But I compose myself as proper. I wear my best business suit, and make sure I am properly composed. As I enter I give the Reeve a nod of my head, from there I follow his Majesty's assistant's instruction.

4suxx, 1 roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-22 17:57:40 Angel Ducard rolls 6 to Resolve + Composure + 1 (10 Again) 7, 10, 10, 9, 6, 5, 4, 8 4 successes

Thankfully, at least, the static noise was expected, and does not interfere with my arrival. That is not to say that it is not unpleasant, because it certainly is.

"Thank you." I say to the assistant as I enter the office. It is honestly what I expected, a lavish and beautiful office with rich luxurious furniture, very nice...

I give a low curtsy to His Majesty "Good evening Your Highness," there is both respect and deference in my tone to His Majesty. As I rise from the curtsy I turn to the other Prisci present. "Good evening to you all." I say to the two Prisci and the other woman, who I can only assume is the one Erika Brady. I take a seat and wait for the evenings proceedings to begin.

PRE

Answering the Prince's summons, Tracy Burns arrived at the Nox. She greeted the ghoul as she was led to the upstairs office. Taking note of the Reeve and another woman standing nearby, the petite Gangrel offered a polite nod in greeting. "Good evening, Reeve Wooding," she spoke to the Mekhet that she knew. The other she was not familiar with, so the nod would suffice for this evening. After all, she had important matters to attend to and could not be bothered with introductions and the like at that moment.

Since the Prisci would be meeting with the Prince in a formal setting, the redheaded Savage opted for wearing more formal attire that evening. However, she did not wear a dress as she typically did at Formal Court. Perhaps she wanted to allow herself a bit more flexibility, in case things got complicated during the meeting.

Walking into the Prince's office, the Gangrel Priscus offered a bow to Asa Clarke. "Your Grace," she said in greeting to him. Her Beast seem unfazed by the others in the room. It did not cower or rile up in anger. No, it lay perfectly still in its cage, knowing quite well that its master would call upon it when necessary. Tracy then turned to the other Prisci that had gathered in the office that evening, offering a polite nod to them. "Good evening," she said to the assembled Kindred.

Her emerald green eyes met those of Erika Brady. She held the other woman's gaze for a few seconds in silence, her expression remaining perfectly neutral. "Good evening, Regent," she offered to the woman, as her upper lip curled slightly into a twisted smirk.

Tonight, justice will be served.

Exhaust the Beast says "frenzy is for suckers"

9. Likes Chrisie, Forn Clakes liked this post

PRE

Josephine was back to her suit jacket of scarlet velvet over black blouse, pants, and leather flats. It seemed fitting, given that she knew not what to expect and when walking into the unknown it was always best to have one's faith with them. The suit was a symbol of that, though not a symbol that many would know, or would recognize. It mattered not. It was not for them. Which, indeed, was rare for Josephine. About as rare as what she said to the ghoul when Josephine spotted her.

"Oh, so it's you? Disappointing. I quite prefer the other one."

Yes, tonight she was feeling terribly selfish. Why that was she did not know.

A simple nod of greeting was given to the Reeve and to Rina as Jospehine passed them, and she intended to merely give a simple nod once she entered the Prince's office, but her sense were eclipsed the recoiling horror of what lay inside. A foul demon, several generations old, lurked within. A demon wearing a red wig and hiding behind green panes of glass for eyes, such a poor disguise was clear to the Lady. The hands of the clock fell through time, Josephine's body locked as demon fought against flesh and the memory of life leaving her.

A blink and then Josephine took a seat.

"Good evening," she intoned hollowly.

She no frenzy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-24 00:04:55 Jojo rolls 7 to she not skurred! (res3+comp3+1) (10 Again) 10, 9, 7, 9, 10, 3, 2, 3, 6 4 successes
    2015-02-24 00:04:39 Jojo rolls 7 to she not skurred! (res3+comp3+1) (10 Again) 1, 1, 2, 1, 9, 9, 4 2 successes
    2015-02-24 00:04:25 Jojo rolls 7 to she not skurred! (res3+comp3+1) (10 Again) 2, 7, 3, 5, 1, 1, 10, 3 1 success

11. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nika doesn't answer.

Really, she doesn't have to. She quite prefers the other one, herself -- the other Ventrue Priscus. But she knows that there will be another one, soon, because there always was.

"Good evening."

The greeting Asa offers each is the same, polite, but not overly formal. He watches each enter; some, offending his Beast with their own, but knowing that they contend with Erika's. It buys him a moment or two for each, slowly adjusting to the increasing press of hatred that surrounds him.

Green eyes track each entry, vivid against pale skin. Erika neither speaks nor acknowledges any of the arrivals othen than the movement of her eyes.

"Prisci Regan and Burns, if you'd care to inform everyone else of the purpose of this gathering...?"
    A rare thing, for him to eschew small talk -- but this was no ordinary gathering. Serious accusations had been made, and anything less that being to the point would trivialize the situation.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

13. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Dull-brown eyes track the arrivals of the rest of the Prisci, their beasts either challenging David's companion or presenting themselves as offensive simply because they exist. David, however, maintains control in his lifeboat on a sea of blood, hate and passions that he will not enslave himself to. This is neither the time nor the place. The Libitinarius, as Asa's voice rings out and bids him and Tracy come forward, asks for protection of Osiris, Sekhmet, and Kephri.

“Your Grace,” David's voice carries with it an underlying steel. Overlooking the spindly Mekhet, perhaps, is the worst thing anyone can do. “Prisci. While investigating the abduction of one of our own, Muir's, last known whereabouts, we – Priscus Burns, Priscus Baldwin, Whip Bingen, and I – discovered deeply seated treachery against the domain.”

“What we found was shocking. Regent Hart, cemented to a wall in a bunker in Yolo County, was being fed upon by a former member of the domain, Jacqui Cotouri.” A break, “It is Regent Hart that told us that Muir was diablerized by Coturi only after Dr. Erika Brady stole the knowledge within his mind, stealing covenant secrets as well. Of the Kindred that entered the bunker only Priscus Burns, Priscus Baldwin, and I escaped, as the bunker was filled with Jet fuel and then lit aflame by Coturi.”

“In the blindness that followed,” David continues, “we lost Priscus Baldwin. The rest of us escaped to alert His Grace. Not only this, but I believe Dr. Brady is connected to the death of Miss Aοleen McFarlane, murdered by the hand of an Angelina Jolie look-alike Daeva. This, because a puzzle box connected to the Torpid Elder, that was recently delivered into the hands of Brady, was stolen from Miss McFarlane's person. I've asked Martha Villiers, who supposedly gave the order to deliver the elder to Brady via Mr. Heinz, to be nearby should Prisci have any questions.”

“Throughout all of this,” David states, “it is Dr. Erika Brady that is at the center and the simplest explanation, is usually the most correct.”

CoW 1 Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-02-24 09:52:57 David Regan rolls 8 to Wits + Investigation + Aus (CoW) (10 Again) 5, 6, 8, 6, 6, 7, 6, 4 1 success

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread