Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

In the movies, people choke and spray their drinks.

The Fiddler was fiddling with him, and she'd have to settle for a wide eyed look and convulsive swallows. She was fiddling with him, right? Because that sounded like a come-on. Sounded like, because he wasn't a Pro at listening to them, because, well, because.

But, seriously, holy cow.

Can't, yo. Taken. It's hard to find a Smurfette, and there's things You Oughta Know about how great what you have is versus Gettin' Some Strange.

"Uh. That, uh. That rave thing. That thing. Not, like, the things..." He wasn't blushing. That heat on the ears? Just. The. Drink. "Uh, look. Were you hitting on me? I mean, I don't get hit on, like, ever, so. I don't know. So, I don't know, is what I mean, when I'm being hit on. Because it sounded like it, but, maybe you weren't?"

Hands lifted his drink and set it in front of Morgan, then plucked Lynn's umbrella and speared it.

"Velociraptor? Verminous? Vermicelli? Versace? Ummm. There. Pretty drink. Ta-da!"

Because magician.

"And don't they, like, make dog spray? You know, pepper spray for dogs?"

Think dogs are bad? Cats, yo. Evil Incarnate.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post

Lynn Mills

A gently wry smile tugged at her lips before Lynn shrugged and leaned back in her chair. "A little bit, just for funsies?" She held up two fingers and measured a tiny distance between them. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I'm just thinking of getting back in the game after . . . after a long time." Below the table her other hand tightened convulsively around the fiddle case. For a brief moment she struggled with the sorrow of her loss before letting it pass through her. It had been almost two years. Even Jason wouldn't have wanted her to be alone forever. She glanced to the side, briefly embarrassed that she had let that much slip.

"Anyways, half the time I like playing with words and half the time I'm looking for a reason to laugh; because I'm fucking sick of being sad all the time." Wow . . . hopefully that was the drink talking. Yeah, let's blame that on the drink. Speaking of . . . "And I think that they mixed up our order with another table." She cocked her head to the side as one of the women two tables over started complaining about the water she was being offered. Lynn glanced over, shrugged and took another sip of her drink.

4. Likes West liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gave a goofy grin as a pretty drink "appeared" in front of her, "Oooh, instant pretty drink from v's. Tis a good trick, heh," And Jack was into raves? Morgan liked all the noise at those things. Taking a sip of her new pretty drink she gave out a muffled "I don't know" around the glass with a shrug. After she was done drinking she she repeated herself to Jack, "Don't know, there are plenty of raves, like a wave. I know some but never all. Prefer the loud clubs, Avalon or Forge, they kinda likes raves for volume-noise, heh-heh."

She blinked in surprise when Lynnn confirmed she was flirting. She sent a surprised look to her fellow Lost, not expecting that after hearing about her fiance, Jason. She jumped a little when the musician swore, not at the language but the unexpected outburst. She'd thought her friend had seemed a little sad but now she didn't have a clue. "Um, uh-heh, yozz okay-today Lynn. Imma glad for you. Oooor do you need more alcoh-mah-hall, firewater, booze? Oh, and total-totally there loss be our gain, heh." She too took another sip of her new pretty drink. At this rate, they may need more help when they were next called up to sing.

Though it was doubtful they'd do worse then the three drunken men trying to sing Brittney Spear's "Toxic" right now. Could songs be lethally bad? If yes, those men were going to kill the entire place.

6. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Yikes. So that's what kicking kittens feels like.

"Uh. Look."
    He leaned forward; earnest, but eyes slipped down to the pretzels. Awkward moment? Maybe. "You didn't make me uncomfortable. If anything? Maybe confused? But totally super flattered. I just, uh. Well. I wasn't expecting it, and I have a thing."

Oh, snap. Not a 'thing' like she'd said 'thing'. Nobody's calling his Warlock his piece. And nobody's referring to their own personal 'thing'.

"Wow. I mean, I have, that is, I'm in, you know, a relationship. I have a girlfriend." Had he ever said that before? "But, otherwise, wow. Totally. Like, obviously, you're pretty, kind of funny because that whole word thing with 'thing' was great, and, you know, you do karaoke and play a fiddle so obviously you're fun. Right?"

Another time, another place, Toby Esterhase would have. You know the drill. Hit It And Quit It. Drive By Drilling. All that. But things change. People change.

"Anyway. Man, I'm sorry if I made that, you know, weird. I was just... asking... so, if, like, you were, I could, you know, mention that I had a girlfriend. That's all." They totally all needed more drinks.

In some countries, if you save a person's life, you're responsible for them. Or is that if you run over their cow? Whatever.

"Actually? I know this guy. He's new in town. You might get along. And, he's, like, pretty good looking. I'm not, like, I don't know. But you could think about it. Or flirt with him. I mean, like, because I can't flirt back. But I, you know, I would."

Maybe they could double date. Wait. Think about that. Want to double with Fluke and this other chick? Who? Oh, the one I sat down with at the bar and who was flirting with me. Right, her. Nope.

Eyes flickered over to Taceur. Help. Call Nine One One. There's an Awkward Moment being murdered. Someone make this girl smile.
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes InvertedMonkey, Jag liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn giggled a bit and reached out to pat his hand. "No, it's ok. I'm just . . . I've been having these weird as hell dreams and it's got me a bit on edge, you know?" She rubbed at her face with both hands, yawning to dispel the tension in her face, then propping her chin on one hand and picking at the pretzels. "You know those dreams where you're standing in the middle of a room and there's this huge crowd standing around and they're all staring at you, waiting for you to do something? I've been having the same dream a couple time a week for about a month now and it's driving me nuts. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing."

Picking up a bit of pretzel, she swirled it in the cheese before popping it in her mouth. Suddenly she cocked her head to the side and started grinning. "They just called us! Morgan, we're up!" Standing, Lynn slung her fiddle case over her shoulder and started tugging on Jack's arm. "Come on. You can sing with us." It was clear from her enthusiasm that she wouldn't take no for an answer.

10. Likes West liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan bounced in her seat clapping excitedly, "Oh-oh-oh yay tis out turn again yes! And yada-yes!" How the traceur got out of her chair and over the table without knocking anything over was a mystery. It took two tries before Morgan managed to latch onto Jack's arm that was held by Lynn.

"No date but sing you shall this we state! Heh-heh, more rhyme. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, ye can sing along!" The urban athlete had latched onto her friend's enthusiasm. And it was always good to support your friends, wasn't it? So Jack was singing with them even if Lynn had to drag him on stage whilst Morgan pushed.

12. Likes Trickster, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Dreams?

Usually, when there was a crowd in his dreams, they were BOO-ing him off the stage. Casualties of wanna-be performers. But hers? Waiting for something? What if...?

yikes

Jack isn't touchy-feely, yo. Fist bumps. Maybe. Panic-flicker doused any thoughts of Scrutiny for a Sleepwalker Check. Then the other one. Pop Quiz: When's the last time two girls grabbed you at the same time? Bzzzzt. Time's up. Wide eyes gave it all away. It felt super wrong, and a little dirty. There's nothing wrong with Insecurity because New. True story. At least it wasn't Rage. No... dancing.

"Ok! Ok! You win! I'm in!"
    Long, slender fingers flew up in surrender, and a little laugh slipped out. Rhymes? Kinda funny. "What's, ummmm, never mind! I'll find out!"

Because lyrics.

Side note? These girls were nuts. Fun, but nuts.
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Trickster, Origins liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn grinned a bit wildly in triumph as she led the two others onto the stage. Why leave their new found friend to set all alone at the table when he could be joining them in drunken singing?

"Kay. So, we're singing Bad Moon Rising." She took one microphone and handed it to Jack, grabbed the other one and slung her arm around Morgan's shoulder to bring the other woman in a bit closer. They would have to share. She'd always loved to sing this as a kid, humming along to the radio as her family drove down a mountain road. Granted, back then she'd thought that the lyrics were "There's a bathroom on the right," but pretty much everybody thought that at one point or another.

Lynn turned slightly to the audience and smiled brilliantly (and more than a bit tipsy) before pulling the microphone into position and doing her best to follow the dancing words on the screen in front of them.

Surprised even herself, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-11 22:06:49 Lynn Mills rolls 3 to sing drunk kareoke [Wits (2) + Expression (4) - Buzzed (3)] (10 Again) 10, 10, 3, 8, 2 3 successes

And right before they all started singing (more or less) Lynn could have sworn that there was someone watching her. More than just the crowd sitting in front of them. There was someone . . . or something, standing just where she couldn't see them, watching her.

16. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was giggly as her friend led her and their victim-er, new signing buddy up onto the stage. She wrapped her own arm back around Lynn in return, appreciating the closeness of her friend. That the tracuer managed to hop onto the stage without falling this time was good. Her singing, was not.

0 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-14 10:48:17 Morgan Bellenar rolls 1 to Making Noise (10 Again) 2 failure

It seems her musical cooridnation did not match her physical. She got none of the words in sync with the song, the tone was off, and many of the words were wrong too.

Morgan didn't get the same sense of being observed Lynn was. None of the instincts she'd gained as prey for in Arcadia went off. Either the watcher was so focused on Lynn it did not set off Morgan, she was too drunk, or the scrutiny wasn't a prelude to hostility. The latter going unnoticed would be no surprise. Social cues could fly right over her head with ease.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Cee Cee Arr!"

There were some songs you loved, no matter how much they creeped you out. Why? Because lyrics. Total Moros Guardian song. Tonight's not the night to debate the hidden codes in songs. Messages to the Awakened nation, or to their enemies, or to the Sleepy. For a second, he stared at the microphone, doing the math. Someone's behind the curve. Bright lights. Half a line in, he joined, resisting the urge to up-tempo it into something Johnny Rotten or even Alanis Morissette would have approved of.

"There's a bad moon onnnn the riiiise."

True story. Don't think about Banisher University. Just singing. Eyes too bright from liquor flashed a smile at the rest of the impromptu trio. He planted the mic back on the stand with an amplified thump and offered each a hand back down. Totes gentleman.

"Man, that was, like, yeah,"
    he offered. Was there a word missing? Maybe. Fill it in with a silly grin. "I think it's, ummm. Close to cab calling time? For me. I'm, like, yeah. But we should, you know. Hang out. Again. If either of you want."

There was something. Something he was forgetting. Something. Important.

"With my girlfriend. I'll bring my girlfriend."

There. There it was.

2 to Sing!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-03-15 11:01:01 Starzzles rolls 4 to Drunk Songing! Wits + Expression -3 (10 Again) 10, 4, 6, 3, 9 2 successes

OOC
    - Roald Dahl

19. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread