Ended
Watch

Wine, Women, and bad singing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The night had started out well enough. Morgan had met up with Lynn and they'd gone to a bar. The usual alcoholic socializing that seemed to help the Lost of Sacramento unwind had been going well. Right up until they'd tried the house special. Which turned out to be quite a bit stronger then either expected. To make a long story short, the two Courtiers were drunk and being stupid.

Then they'd gotten kicked out of the bar their singing with the jukebox and annoying the others patrons. Morgan's excuse for her poor performance was that she didn't know the words and the "music thingie" didn't have words. Lynn's attempts to get the raccoon to sing along with her was hindered by the Nightsinger's own inebriated state. She kept giving Morgan the wrong lyrics, so twas impossible for the drunken raccoon to get it right.

Eventually, one of them suggested a solution: karaoke! The words were on display for all to see so Morgan couldn't get it wrong then! Cries of "brilliant!" had echoed as the drunken Lost stumbled around looking for a karaoke bar.

Now that they had reached one, they were trying to figure out how get onto the stage. A $100 bill from Morgan had shut up the staff's protests about drinks before singing.

Now came the important part: figuring out what songs they should try to sing. Turning with too much emphasis yet surprising balance, Morgan looked to Lynn, "Whaaat songs should ye thinkin' like Lincoln or something, uh, what songs should we pick? Pick-lick-quick, darn it no kitten in me jacket tonight."

2. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

ooc: Sorry for not naming the place...I don't know any karaoke bars in Sacramento. PS: -1 Glamour for Hardened Mask.

Lynn Mills

Lynn blinked a bit owlishly at the song selections, pummeling her brain to try and remember the lyrics to the various songs that were available. It wasn't her fault that the last drink that they had drunk had turned out to be so strong, leaving her a bit drunk. And now it was a bit hard to concentrate.

"Country . . . we want some good country, with lyrics that mean something . . . none of that rap crap." Rap crap, time to nap. Lynn giggled a bit to herself and paged through the song list again. "Ooo!! Here. We're going to do Fire on the Mountain by Marshal Tucker Band." She looked around for a sign with rules on it. "How many can we do at one time?" Time, lime, grime . . .

-1 glamour to Harden Mask

5. Likes Forn Clakes, Chrisie, Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Her booze addled brain took some time to process things. Why would we want to wrap crap? Gross. Oh snap, music-gangsta-rap not paper wrap. Ignore wrap or rap, its a trap. Morgan giggled along with Lynn, nodding her head before pausing to open her mouth, then close it after a couple of seconds. There was no fire on the mountain to worry about.

"How many, twill depend in the end-d-d, heh-how much we spend, guessing, not-sure, I ain't done this before, heh-heh." The traceur looked around, nuding the musician, "Need to lookie-loo for a sign, mundane though not divine. Can't obey a rule if you don't know it, tis excuse of a fool, heh-heh...Oh!" The brunette spun around on a one foot, several times, before stopping to look at the bar and shouting: "Picture tis a sign even if it not divine, heh-heh."

The Twilit Page leaned in, face inches from the rules as she paraphrased them out loud: "The machine for paying customers only, I-I already paid 'em so yay! Uh, patrons, oh-us-us-us, sign up and take their turns. Ssso no hogging the machine, hog-log-frog, they don't wanna have things go down inna bog, heh-heh...Zzzzo, where's the sheet, for the singin' signin' time?"

It was right next to the rules, but the drunken Courtier hadn't spotted it.

Lynn Mills

Lynn giggled a bit tipsily as Morgan got caught up in the rhyming game that she had inadvertently started. "Um, you gave them, like. A hundred dollars. I think we could sing all night on that." She looked over Morgan's shoulder and pointed, reaching past her nose to tap the sign up sheet. "Here. We write our names on that and what we're going to sing and then we go sit and wait for them to call us. Patiently. Like good little girls." She giggled again, grabbing the clip board off the wall to scrawl their names and song choice. "Oh. And we should sing. . . we should sing . . . Bad Moon Rising!"

With exaggerated care, Lynn hung the clipboard back on the wall and pulled Morgan away to a table. "We can get something to eat while we're waiting." She waved at one of the waitresses and asked her for a plate of nachos and pretzel bites with cheese sauce. "Maybe if we eat something we can manage to actually sing the same song." She grinned wryly as she swung her fiddle off her back and set it down carefully in a chair. Then reached out and tried to straighten it up. And tried again. Then realized that maybe she was the one who was listing to the side and decided that she really had to try and sober up just a tiny bit.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The drunken traceur allowed her self to be led along as she opened her mouth to agree, then stopped with her mouth hanging open as her eyes narrowed in contemplation. Morgan's mouth moved without sound, a rarity, for a few seconds. Then she spoke, "Sssso the song has two names? Neat." Morgan almost giggled at Lynn's antics with her fiddle. She winced as she bit her tongue to stop herself from laughing at Lynn fiddling with the token made from her lover's bones.

"Righty-roo, food to help clear the mind be true...Um, wada-what kind did that? Did I read it somewhere?" Morgan remembered something about certain foods helping with getting drunk, though not if it was more or less. In truth, there were certain foods that if eaten before drinking had a minor affect upon the rate of alcohol entering one's system. Keyword: before. "Mah-mah, I don't remember what heh-helped. Should'a read on singing too. Oh-oh, water too, for-both, please miss-waitress-lady," Morgan clasped her hands in front of her in a begging manner, complete with wide eyes to the waitress. She then turned to Lynn, hands still clasped, to blather: "T-t-that, H-too-Oh, heh-helps with um, uh...well remember it heh-helps with something."

Morgan gave a very firm nod of her head as she finished, her expression changing to a look of certainty. Well, drunken certainty. The waitress seemed pretty amused by their antics as she went off for their "orders." Morgan wasn't sure what to do about the fiddle wobbling. "Meh-beh we canzz put the fiddle in one of them little chair's with straps? Keep it immobile and safe?"

Lynn Mills

Lnn thought about it for a moment and then shook her head. "No, I've dealt with it before." She shrugged her coat off and used it to prop the fiddle up safely. It did rather resemble someone tucking another person in to sleep at night. Leaning back, she looked around at the rest of the crowd and rubbed at her face. Karaoke night was usually either packed or dead. It would be interesting to see which it was tonight.

"So, you been up to anything interesting lately?" Small talk would have to serve to pass the time till they have a turn at the stage.

10. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilted her head in thought, then the rest of her body as she almost fell out of her chair. With a laugh she corrected herself before falling. "Ssstuff, heh-heh, been doing uh, letzzzz see-heh," What had she done that Lynn hadn't been involved in? Oh, there was that, "Yee knows Catherine? N-n-nice artist lady? Shockingly dating Cosima? Heh, I rrreturned her art book to her, so there be that. Oh, heh-heh, fun-fun," Morgan actually bounced in her seat as she said that last part. She then bounced for a couple of seconds before continuing in a giddy tone: "Played mag-oh-oh-club, use-club-speak, ninja heh-hide and seek with Milo & Sam, other-Sam-not-that-Sam, Sam Hain, heh-heh..."

Morgan's shoulders slumped and she let out a loud sigh, "Hiding tis waaaay easier then seek, totally...nada thing on dog..." The Twilit Page tried to roll her eyes with the word "way" but ended up rolling her whole head, like she was stretching it out. "A-a-and of you, me good-friend Lynn? Heh-how have things been going for you? Heh-hope good fortune you are having."

Lynn Mills

Lynn frowned a bit and rubbed at her chest, where she could still feel the bruises from Coco's earlier lesson. "I had a lesson with Cos-Cosm . . .Coco." She took at drink of water and carefully put it back down on the table. "She was helping me figure out just how much damage I can do when I use the fiddle in a fight."

Leaning back as the waitress came by with their food, Lynn politely waited until she had left before continuing. "That wasn't exactly fun, but it was important." She dipped a pretzel bite in cheese and savored it before waving her hands excitedly. "Oh! My first CD is ready to release. I found this bunch of college students, well, they mostly found me. And they want to prove that they can make it as a production studio, so they're using me and my stuff to show off. I'm getting professional quality stuff and recordings at a fraction of the cost. It's awesome. I might actually start making money on it before too much longer."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

For some reason, Morgan briefly got the image of Lynn using her violin to play whack-a-mole with Cosima's head, giggling before coughing to stop herself. Lynn wouldn't do that, not with what/who the violin was. It had to be some magical-token powers thing.

Morgan also dined upon glorious cheese coated pretzels and washed it down with water. At the mention of a CD, the Twilit Page reacted with an "oooh" that was all impressed and no sarcasm, "That tis great to heh-hear ye have had great fortune, heh. N-n-nada think-blink-sink see weapon-ni-nized violin, but too public to 'splain so trust friend I shall, heh-heh...Tis wonderful on the see-dee to hear of it from thee. Uh, oh-oh-oh," Morgan clapped her hands together, which still had cheese sauce on them, as something hit her: "What tis the title gonna be? For yer see-dee? Imma, she jabbed her shirt with a cheese covered thumb, "Gonna buy one," she finished with a confident nod of her head, "to zzzzupport me friend, heh, and here's ye awesome music."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread