Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1502) Carthian Movement

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

PRE

Gerald looks between Julian and Angel, pleased that they have more questions. Konrad and Ashley do a fine job of answering those questions. To a point. In not being ambiguous enough with his own description he left room for argument and debate. But Gerald's less than complete satisfaction is written off in a sort of mental shrug. No one can ask for perfection. Besides, part of being Carthian is accepting that not everyone has the same ideas as the next. The Sea King nods for a moment to himself, then says as much.

"I tend to agree with the sentiment that the Movement embodies some of the best and worst of the other covenants. We are a very young covenant, after all. Our earliest members had to come from somewhere." Gerald chuckles a little. "They took what they liked from their own factions and brought it to the table. Inspiration for what we have become as a covenant tonight."

Something in what Angel had mentioned about one 'lording over' them sticks out - something Gerald feels the need to address. "Angel, your question... you wanted to know if someone presides over covenant business? Yes. Also no" He gives the Haunt Priscus a wink. "The covenant has two established positions of responsibility, though neither of them is considered a leader in the conventional sense. Our Prefect is a liaison for relations with other covenants as well as our representative for dealings with the Prince. The other is the Myrmidon: an impartial mediator for the day to day... 'discussions' that can occur in such a melting pot of ideas. Someone to keep the peace. I imagine soon the members of the covenant will have to choose who will fill what position." He tuts a little, shaking his head as if the Movement is some child delinquent in school.

"But, as the general consensus seems to state, we are currently in flux. In terms of responsibilities and long term goals." He looks between Konrad ans Ashley for confirmation.

The evasive responses were a 'tad irritating - but at the end of the night, this wasn't an inquisition, and nobody was obliged to give him any answer at all. The lazy smile hadn't shifted an inch, though his eyes had darted over to each speaker in turn. "Fair enough" he replied succinctly, his melodic voice dragging out the last syllable.

It didn't seem they had anything in particular, systemically at least, that they wanted to see change. Either that, or they just didn't want to talk about it. Which, the young Haunt thought, was probably going to be a problem for them. It was going to be hard to sell The Cause if the only thing differentiating them from the powers-that-be was an absence of titles. And, you know, an absence of power.

In any case, he was a guest here - he didn't want to be that guy. And so he watched on silently, letting his gaze drift over the three assembled Carthians. Julian might have looked attentive, or interested; had the Curse not honed his curiosity with a predatory edge.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

After a moment Konrad stands from his seat. "Ah, just remembered I've got a bit of business to take care of. Don't mind me, probably won't take long. Keep on discussin'" Konrad apologizes and heads for the door with phone in hand.

Due to Konrad's torpored state in another thread, Konrad must leave the scene

4. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Angel Ducard

I nod along to some of what I agree with, and remain stoic to the things that I don't. It is understandable what they are doing, but at the same time... better to be inconsequential? I am not sure about that.

I give Konrad a polite wave goodbye as he leaves, busy kindred are always good. Idle hands and all that.

"So, since you brought it up Gerald, in just a few words," Please dear god..."Could you describe what you want for the long term goals of the covenant which you represent? And you to, if you don't mind Ashley? If I do decide to sign up, I want to make sure I know what path I will be put upon."

PRE

It feels a little like an oration, with the two unaligned as a small audience - and he and Ashley taking turns reading a script. Gerald watches the author carefully, gleaning little but polite interest in the discussion. He doesn't ask any additional questions, which leaves Gerald to wonder if he should work a different angle. Perhaps the Priscus can be swayed. And sway him in turn.

Gerald's smile falters for a moment as Konrad excuses himself. It is disappointing to see him go, but the old Ventrue is focused on his goal. He nods politely to his fellow Carthian. "Until next time."

And then there were four. Gerald searches Ashley's eyes for a moment when Angel poses her next question. After a moment he, again, convinces himself that he needn't mince words if he is to win them over. Time to be direct.

"The path that I wish to tread is one where the influence of free thinking makes itself known. Where there is room for the individual Kindred's voice and where that voice carries weight. Now, I would rather you not confuse my intentions, so I will speak plainly: my agenda does not require the subversion of an entire domain to Carthian rule. If such a change occurs organically... it is because it was meant to be." Gerald runs at his beard stubble again, in thought.

"This is the first opportunity I have had to reveal my intentions, so I am curious to know what the Domain's longstanding resident Carthian has to say. Please, Ashley, will you indulge us?"

PRE

Just a little over a week left on this one. Bump Whisper . If we've got anything else to talk about we should try to get'er done.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Eventually, everyone leaves.

(Five days since there was a post)
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread