Ended
Watch

Evening at a Public Library

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce accepted the women's contact info before digging through his bag for the small pack of business cards he had made for himself. They are more practical than fancy. He offers one to each of the ladies.

"I should enjoy that too, Martha. And my thanks, Steph. I'll do just that as soon as I can."

At her mention of psychology, Truce's brows raise with some surprise. "You're looking into information on psychologists? I'm quite certain that psychologists study one another quite thoroughly. I'm studying for my Masters in Psychology right now actually, so if you need any help with that I happily offer it."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Accepting the offered business card with a happy smile, Martha takes this as her cue to leave Paul and Stephanie to whatever private chat they clearly needed to explore. Packing her satchel and cane, she steadied herself once more and, making time to study Pepper's 'phone number, she dipped they both a curtsy, saying a cheery;

"I should be heading home for food!" a shy giggle breaks up her farewell, "I hope to meet you both again soon! Good night!" she smiles, offers them a cheery wave and hobbles and skips away.

Martha leaves the scene. Thank you, both!
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper returns Martha's farewell, then turns to Truce and nodded. "Yes, one of our authors we publish wants to make their main character one, but as the plot is likely to involve treating some patients, also wants to get a better idea of what the thought process is on that side of therapy sessions."

Pepper then added, "And we'd been discussing what it would be like to become a psychologist because of one's own mental issues and whether they'd be able to practice, or if most institutions would try to shut someone's practice down if they ever let it slip."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce waves farewell to Martha as she departs.

Truce looks back to Pepper. "Actually, it's interesting your author brings that up. It's actually not uncommon for aspiring psychologists to have their own mental health problems. Often this ends up being the driving motivation for many prominent figures in psychology. It is said that Sigmund Freud had many mental illnesses from phobias to instances of repression. And Carl Jung was said to suffer from a psychosis, heaving voices and seeing visions while awake. They often used themselves as test subjects to establish the field of psychology in the first place. Nowadays, however, you need to undergo certain psychological evaluations to determine that you are fit to provide therapy. But even if you're diagnosed with depression or anxiety, you can still become a successful psychologist. Sometimes it's better to have direct experience with certain conditions to be able to really understand what a patient is going through. But again, there's the opposite effect where psychologists have been known to buckle under the pressure of their office."

Truce sighs, fidgeting with the buckles of his bag. "Everyone's different, and it's hard to say how an institution will regard accepting a psychologist with a history of mental problems. In any case, I hope that helps. But if you'd like any additional advice or examples I can try to put some together for you based on what I know."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, making note of the general information. "I'd definitely like more info on the evaluationsbut don't let me keep you on that too much. What are you looking for? Maybe I can help?"

I'm ready to close this thread if you are

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Oh, well..." Truce seems hesitant to share, though only a slightly. "I was actually going to look to see if they had a copy of the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. Martha recommended it and I found her interpretation interesting. But before that I was hoping to see if they had some books relating to Theosophy, particularly on the Theosophical Society." He holds up the latest in 'Psychology Today', "And I suppose I aught to put this back since I won't have time to page through it." He smiles embarrassed that he had it in his possession the whole time.

"Though I wouldn't mind the company as long as I don't distract you from your research."

I'm good to fade-to-black, assuming they help each other search for their library materials before departing.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status