Book Worm

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

A look. A blink. A grin.

"Its a theory. I heard it. Don't exactly believe it. But... why not convince me?"

An epic grin of evilness spreads over Crowley's face.

"But first I gotta get coffee." He looked over the seated man, to the mumbling girl close by and the... youthful woman in a blazer. Gothic lolita? No - too professional. Cosplay? Maybe? Leg - oh oh yeah um... Don't look. His eyes quickly shifted back to Ermon. And then the seated guy.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha offers Crowley a shy smile. Leaning on her cane, she nods encouragingly to James. A little nervous, all those tribal tattoos are a little intimidating.

"I hope I can be forgiven for my interest, sir!" she chirps to both Jason and Crowley, looking to both men with an excited expression.

"I couldn't help but overhear and would be fascinated to hear about that matter too!"
    she added another sincere smile.

Taking a moment to rub at her crippled hip, she tried to assess Jason's mood and demeanor. Was he, she wondered privately, going to start encouraging everyone to wear tin foil hats?

Tre
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Okay, it seems the man was ignoring her over the dudes with the musical books, talking about...Lenin? That left her tilting her head in confusion, though she corrected that with a squeak when the stack became unablanced. She managed to not drop the book stack, "Heh-heh, zzzorry. Um, w-wasn't Lenin a Marxist, nada musician-n-n?"

The metal legged woman in the pretty dress tugged at her memory. The raccoon didn't stare at the prosthetic, she'd seen much stranger body parts on her fellows. Yet, the Beast was sure she'd seen the woman somewhere before. So she stood there, holding the stack of books, with a look of concentration on her face as she looked at Martha.

Its her!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-01-16 09:35:14 Morgan rolls 5 to Recollection (10 Again) 10, 5, 9, 4, 7, 8 3 successes

"Ah, rrremember seeing you at o-other book sstore, heh-heh-hi again, heh." Morgan blushed at her own outburst, drawing attention to herself without the need to do so. She decided to put down the stack of books on the table, even if the feral-ish man hadn't said okay. Holding them was getting awkward.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon's polite smile slowly shifts into a cheerful grin as the what seems like the entire shop gravitates toward them. And the girl who taught him the basics of parkour too... What was her damn name...

"Hi, we met at that park where you showed some stuff about freeflowing... Sorry, I completely forgot the name. I'm Ermon, by the way", - he throws a warm smile her way to make up for forgetfulness.

The idea that John Lennon was killed by the man after, apparently, being Lenin makes him chuckle:

"This is going to be good, we all should get a table, strangers and have some historical fun".
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

6. Likes Origins liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Good evening, Miss! Indeed!" she chirped happily to Morgan. Flashing Morgan an eager smile. "A delight to see you again! I do hope you are well!" she sounded sincere and actually pleased to see Morgan again.

Martha took the very next opportunity to study Morgan's legs and then nodded happily to Ermon and Crowley to signal her general agreement at the suggestion to find a table and join the fun.

The mention of parkor got her attention.

Martha smiled and looked to Ermon with an eager expression which says: 'I hope to ask you about that right after we've heard about celebrity assassinations'...

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"How about this one?" Crowley gestured to the one at which Jason Tre sat. To emphasise his point he plonked his books down and grabbed a couple of chairs. One he offered to Martha.

"I was going for coffee. Anyone else want a drink?" Might as well if they were planning on sticking around.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Goodness, what a gentleman!" she smiles and chirps with great delight. As Crowley helped her to a seat. Suddenly conscious that her gymslip skirt was a lot shorter than usual, Martha struggled to be modest but couldn't avoid showing too much thigh as her peg leg stuck out at a most obvious angle.

"Thank you!" she added, nodding once more to Crowley as she fussed to make sure her peg wasn't in anyone's way, then nodded to eagerly accept his invitation to a coffee. "Thank you, sir! You are, indeed, a gentleman!"

Resting her satchel over the back of the chair and her cane at her side, Martha smiled sweetly. Eager to show Crowley her sincere thanks to him.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    T
    Tre

I grin, well guess I did put myself fin this situation shame Im no Cahalith. It’ll be a hell of a story to tell for sure. I gather some of the books up id been examining and set them in neat little stacks with markers on the pages id been going over.

“Im Jason by the way, nice to meet everyone.”

As people take their seats I dig through that inexhaustible memory bank in my head and start pulling up all the information id stored over the years from browsing the net.

“Ok so we can all agree that whenever a celebrity dies, it’s tragic and makes headlines like they were direct links to the Mother herself. So what made Lennon’s death and still does such a tragedy, easy, he was a good honest man. Compare that to true hard core rock stars like Morrison. The dude was pretty much dancing with the devil on a nightly basis, jacking whatever he could into his veins on a regular basis and downing JD like it was kool-aid. Jump ahead and skip a few big names for simplicities sake and look at Cobain, the man corner stoned the word emo, and had more Junk in his system than a 1900s opium parlor. Now combine that with the nut he was married to, yeah bad things where destined for that man.”

I take a moment to watch for people’s reactions

“So, when a person of that caliber dies, much less is assassinated. The whole world turns their eyes to it. I mean shit, there where people that pretty much worshipped Lennon, and what better way to hide than in plain sight. Lennon was too big an icon and opposed the government with his activism, he had millions of followers willing to step behind him and shout down anything that Lennon was against. The government couldn’t have that, not with Reagan taking Presidency and the government knowing what kind of leader he would be.”

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan stared in confusion at Ermon for a second before the lightbulb went off in her head: "Oh-heh yuppers. The fffirst dood to job, oro-or sssecond after me, on t-t-the fence, heh-heh. Yozz did good by-the-by. A-a-and I'm Morgan, n-nice to meet ye ah-again Ermon," she smiles at the end. The little Beast was happy she wasn't the only person with a poor memory. It made her less self concious.

When Martha replied with a pleasant greeting, Morgan returned a smile to the woman. Her eyes only once darted to the peg leg when it shined off the store's lights briefly in distraction. The raccoon really had seen stranger appendages then a mundane's replacment peg leg. She didn't seem to mind. Coffee was offered? "I w-would accept offfer of cof-coffee t-t-thank you." She took a seat next to her stack of books before working to get her backpack off.

Not the best order for doing it but she managed, placing the bag between her legs to keep it secure. The raccoon tilted her head as she looked at Jason, confusion on her face so blatant a blind man could see it. She didn't know what a lot of the words or names he'd mentioned were. Though she was very unsure if he was talking about who Lenin or this Co-pain was married to. Had she really forgotten so much in Arcadia? Well she surely had and her library visits had rarely focused upon popular culture.

Thus, she had the very much wrong man in mind. Her eyes cast down, she was uncomfortable in how uncertain she was. The Beast didn't look up and was very, very timid when she spoke, "Um-uh-heh, heh-hello Jason, Imma Morgan. J-j-just to be clearing t-t-things up. W-w-we are, guessing I am, nada talk of L-lenin that was hangin' w-with Stalin b-b-b-but some other dood, heh-heh. Or-I-really-need-read-history-again."

13. Likes Chrisie, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened to Jason with great care. She'd hoped for some additional details rather than a simple premise for assassination.

But, it was a strong argument. Jason had raised some fair points. To help things along, she added happily;

"I agree, sir! Er, Jason, as I understand things, wasn't the doorman at John Lennon's Dakota Apartments a former member of the Central Intelligence Agency?" turning a playful and conspiratorial look to Jason, Ermon and then looking over to Crowley the Gent, she meekly rubbed at her upper thigh and peg leg while adding;

"And everyone knows you never truly leave the Agency!"
    she nodded meaningfully, "Besides," she adds, and as she speaks Martha mimes converting her fingers converting to a mimed Weaver style shooting stance, adds with cheery urgency to help Jason out with his thesis;

"Mark Chapman is well known to have fired five rounds from a .38 caliber handgun. Yet, the New York Police found evidence of between eight to ten shots being fired at Mr Lennon! Was there a second assassin? It's interesting to note that the Christian charity group that Mark Chapman had worked for in Hawaii, World Vision, was often linked to helping the CIA with some sinister undercover operations overseas."

She leaves that information hanging before turning to help Morgan out, and sneak another look at Morgan's legs, Martha offers with a happy smile;
    "Ah, yes, well, we're talking about John Lennon, the popular music singer from the Beatles. Shot by Mark Chapman in New York during early December 1980."

Smiling and wide eyed, Martha's clearly excited and very keen to inspire some additional conversation with Jason and the others on this topic.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread