Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Waiting and Practice

THREADID

Trench
    Trench

Trench sighed as he closed his dorm door behind him and dumped his bookbag not far off. He was still waiting for Jordan to give him the results of the books and it was still awhile till he was expected to show up for something Ruby was doing. He rubbed his eyes and strenched, sitting still never did one much good when you had to do class.

He walked over to his table and looked at the slowly growing number of curiosities on it. A few scraps of wood and mental, a small preserved mouse in some ethanol that Jamie down the hall gave him for his birthday a few weeks back and a scrapped old Jacobs ladder he managed to get working for awhile before it fell apart. Magic doesn't seem to stick for too long, does it? He shooked his head and started thinking. What the hell was he going to test next?

Trench
    Trench

A few moments of thinking later, trench opened one of his draws and took out a few pencils and a sheet of paper. He placed them on the table and grabbed the little see through container holding the mouse. OK, this is gonna be kinda gross. The thought as he opened the container and was hit by the smell of several chemicals at once. It was nauseating.

Trench put it down and grabbed a few pencils. It took him a few tries, but he managed to get the mouse out chop-stick style without making a large mess. "Thank god it isn't rotting, I would be even sicker if that was the case." he muttered as he waited for it to drip dry a few seconds. He carefully placed the mouse on the paper, ignoring the growing browning stain pooling on the desk. OK, Necromancy. Lets see how well it turns out. Trench focused on the little rodent and started spreading his awareness, forming the mental image in his head of what he wanted and started his work...

No 'dox here

C'mon you...

Trench frowned as he he realized the spell didn't catch on. Damn! Take two He formed it, forced his will...

No 'dox still

HA! going my way now!

Don't forget that vulgar magic reveals your nimbus. Now might be a good time to talk about what it looks like.

Trench feels the power of the Supernal, sliding across the Abyss, untainted by its essence. His will, empowered by the magics of Stygia, flows into the deceased body of the mouse. Before his very eyes the creature's leg twitches, followed by its whiskers, and then it stands on wobbly feet and turns to look up at Trench with bristling whiskers and hollow, dead eyes.

Trench
    Trench

Trench's Nimbus is already described in the Character gallery, but I'll explain it again anyway :P

Trench coughed for a moment, smelling freshly dug dirt and Burnt gunpowder in the air. There was also some white smoke, but not a lot. Once it cleared he couldn't help but stare at the little zombie mouse.

I'm not sure if I should start crapping my pants or start screaming how freaking awesome I am. He paused on that thought. I wonder if I could sneak into the city morgue and-no, that would be stupid and there are the guardinas running around. Getting into trouble with them would be the last thing I want.

He shook his head and took a deep breath, then he gagged from the chemical smell in the air. "Nasty." He covered his mouth and moved his face a little closer to the mouse. Now for the second part of wondering what the hell he could do. "Uhhh...Roll over?"

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( Actually you need to re-roll Paradox. You cast two Vulgar spells in the same Scene, so the second one was at +1 die... welcome to Mage ))
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Trench
    Trench

Uh oh...

Fuck you Abyss

As trench looked at the mouse, he felt something a little off in the room, as though something from beyond the veil of reality had taken a belated interested in the young mage and was about to send forth untold-

"Ow." The Moros yelped, hands holding his head as he felt a stabbing, smashing pain inside his head which could best be described as being hit in the brain with a shovel dripping with lemon juice. A droplet of blood slowly started running down from his nostril and drip onto the floor. "Uh...Ok, What the hell was that? Was that the Paradox stuff Morris mentioned?" Apparently, he did not realize he let himself take the brunt of paradox whiplash.

He heard a phone ringing somewhere. Taking a moment to make sure it wasn't because of brain damage, Trench grabbed his mobile and checked how was calling...

A few minutes and 1 bashing damage later

Trench hung up the phone and sighed. Looks like someone was interested in some help, even if the person helping had no idea what he was doing. "First, what to do with you..." He looked at the zombified mouse for a minute, trying to weigh his options (not easy when your head hurts mind you) and decided to pick the undead rodent by the tail and drop him back into his container before shutting the lid. Not sure how long your gonna last before this wears off, so I'll taking you with me...For now. He thought as he checked the lid was sealed tightly and shoved it into his bag. A few minutes, a new shirt and a quick clean up and Trench was out the door of the dorms with a mild headache.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

No sir now you need to re-roll Quicken Corpse less 1 die for the Paradox success...
    How Paradox Works...
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Trench
    Trench

((Dear god I suck at the dox rules :( ))

Ok, so I DON'T Have a zombie mouse

Ok. pretend Trench packed away the non living mouse and left with everything cleaned up and the mouse back in its container with a point of bashing attached to himself :(

Trench
    Trench

Ignor the above post or delete it, I just relised I got my dice maths wrong :P

Still have a mouse in my bag

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Awesome, Scene Ends.

Closed Thread