Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Making an Appointment

THREADID

Darkslide figures it's probably time to check in with the Order. He dials the number he had for the museum's receptionist desk with the intention of doing so.

C
    Casitive

Gina | Mysterium Sleepwalker | Striking Looks ••••

"Good evening," Gina says into the phone, wearing her very best professional voice, "you've reached the Fillard Goldman Museum, how can I direct your call?" Angry Birds isn't going to play itself and she idly prods at an iPhone. It's a good thing that the sound is muted.

Darkslide puts on his best grown-up voice "Yeah, hi there. I'd like to make an appointment to meet briefly with Dr. Tyria Primoria if that's possible."

C
    Casitive

Gina does her level best to keep the amusement out of her voice. Call it a knack, but the Sleepwalker can always tell when one of the so-called Wise, calls the Museum. They just sound different from Funders and harried academics. “Oh?” Gina asks while she pulls out her appointment book. “May I ask who is calling, please?

Level best does not mean she is quite as successful as Gina thinks she is.

"Oh, umm, this is Dave Clyde."

Really? Dave Clyde? You kiddin me?

"I'm a.. uhh.. student of Entomology and I was hoping to speak with her a moment regarding my thesis on dragonflies."

Smooth

C
    Casitive

"Dragonflies?" One can almost hear Gina say 'huh?' at the end of that sentence. That is the moment that she'll probably bring up for the rest of Darkslide's days in Sacramento. Gina makes a note, starting with a star in the diary, "Well, Mr. Clyde -- I Have an opening for [date] is that fine?"

"Perfect. I'll be there then. Thank you very much. Goodbye."

He hangs up the phone and frowns at his screen. That was fucking awkward. He hated talking on the phone. Why couldn't everything just be done via text?

Closed Thread