61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Requiem 2015

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The lowest values, of course.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

M
    Matrixchild

Under the current rules you can only do 1 feeding roll a month. With the change to month long vitae pools will we be allowed more open scene feeding rolls to compensate? Also, will glimpses only be used for that average starting vitae pool?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No, and yes.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

C
    Casitive

What I like about the above.

The potential for lessened book-keeping would make things a lot easier in the long run. You are right in that the current method is clunky and requires up-to-date book-keeping from the players.

What I am hesitant of:
    I fear that this will get in the way of meaningful role-play in the long run. It isn't fun, when the player is worried about maxing their availability to not have to worry about things like blood. Sure, our characters worry about it all the time. But a system like this has the potential of getting in the way of that fun.

Take Predator's Taint for instance. It is something all of our characters are aware of, afraid of, and must role-play when they enter a scene. By RAW you are supposed to roll whenever you are faced with a Kindred – for Each Kindred. Even in Court. Everyone agrees this is thematically something that is a thing, just like being hungry, but everyone also agrees that this gets in the way of meaningful role-play. Even in LARP and even in Table-top.

Having to pay a heftier admission price to start a scene, etc, gets in the way and will severely lessen availability for simple social scenes which will also lessen opportunities to explore themes that aren't explored in plot threads and how that being hungry means for them, as well as general back-stabbery. I would be afraid that this makes more people hesitant to just get started, get introduced, and get involved – especially for newer players that don't have AVB of +5.

The way it is right now, is fine and I honestly do not see a need to change it from what it is. I'd rather have interaction with fellow blood-suckers than to have to worry, as a player (not as a character) if I can pay the admission cost and if I should even join / start / be in a scene.

Scene Primacy. Most of our scenes are put into continuity when they are end. This system might create a lot more headaches than it solves especially when it comes to timing. Most major spends, will, obviously happen in plot. But most scenes are not plot and most of those scenes are in public, necessitating the Blush.

The difficulty of recognizing certain virtues – especially Temperance / Prudence where choices fueled by them don't appear for maybe two or three threads down the road, is a separate matter.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'd think if players were worried, then they'd focus that worry on buying up stuff like Haven location or Herd, which will probably require Tenancy, which requires meaningful role-play.

We'll see how it goes.

Whatever happens, it'll be far easier to adjust the AVP formula than track every Scene independently.

C
    Casitive

I disagree. Tenancy a lot of the time requires that people do things, get things done, and get involved with plot. Things they can't do and get meaningful role-play (e.g., exploring the darker sides of what possession as a vampire means, what their disciplines are, what their covenants mean and what it means to them, etc) done in other scenes.

Because most scenes will require a person being blushed, to upkeep the masquerade, it has the potential to destroy basic interaction. Which would lessen the ability to gain tenancy. Because to accomplish plot completion is to gain tenancy but to do that you need blood and charging an admission for each scene will basically create an eat-own tail situation.

It runs the risk of becoming a micro-management to a different level that will end up with people saying to themselves

QuoteQuote:
    I can't do such and such because I only have 4 vitae left in the month. So, I'll have to put off that plot thread because XYZ wants to play with me and I'd rather play with them.

--OR –
    I'm in a red-line thread that might end up in combat. Guess I'll have to put off all the social threads XYZ wants me to do because I need all the Vitae I can.
    Neither of those scenarios strike me as any good.

Which, I fear, would restrict anyone new from really putting their mark down. Because, like I said – to earn tenancy you need to do a thing (complete something in a plot) but do to that, you'll need Blood. Which would lessen social thread availabilities which are the vectors people use to get new people – or even older characters into plot.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Yes, I understand your concerns. Thank you

S
    Selena

I do love the Will Power refreshing per month. That is awesome. Of course, if necessary, V/v too, but may be hard to do mid-month? Guess we'll see!

After giving Vitae some thought, and yes, I made a few purchases to boost my own Vitae. I am a little worried on how this may go. As we already narrowed down scenes to be in, would this harbor other RP scenes besides Plot. It may seem so, but there is no way to know for sure yet.

Vampires without Vitae is dangerous. Lol and if something happened where someone's Vitae pool suddenly dropped because of big bad billy badass...and they were in another shards scene, does that mean they would possibly frenzy in all scenes? Of course people need to be more responsible for their Vitae lol but... there's the 'what if'. I guess we'll find out!

Martha Villiers

With the changes, I share many misgivings of Casi and others. While I'm not automatically hostile to positive change and will be happy to see how these adjustments work out, at first look these changes seem counter to stimulating spontaneous RP.

At the very least, should we look into having an amnesty on paying the Vitae costs for entering Shards? No other venue now requires an automatic IC cost of the same logistical magnitude and implications for a social scene. I worry these changes might transform Shards into a luxury for vamps rather than something the players and characters can simply enjoy.

RP now comes with an additional OOC math problem...

If Vlad has X Vitae and Y chances to replenish with n options for violence betwixt these events, how many scenes can Vlad expect to be in before AB negative happens?

Anyway, one question came to mind: is there any change in how the Coil of Blood (Blood Seeps Slowly) calculates AVP, please?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm sure it will be easier to determine if the new tracking is the cause of any issues when a specific scene/lost opportunity can be presented rather than speculation.

There are no other changes (re: Coil of Blood).

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread