Requiem 2015

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    S
    Selena

Hunting & Tenancy
    - Will now be granted (and possibly revoked) by Prisci
    - You now have to go QQ at your Priscus if you want a nice Haven or Site
    - Herd development is changed from a Tenancy to a Hunting Right
    Curiously, and this may have been answered in the thread already. If so I apologize for my repeat question.

If the Priscus change, does your current/previous Tenancy get grandfathered? Or do you have to go through the whole process again? Of course if you piss them off, I'm sure they can revoke it at any time.

Thanks!
    ~Selena~

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I would hazard that would depend on the Priscus in question.

3. Likes Brownlee, West liked this post

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Basically, the current Priscus has full reign over the Rights. This means that they can either revoke the previous Priscus's decisions or keep them in place. In practice, it will be decided IC when one Priscus steps down or disappears and another steps up to their place.

5. Likes Brownlee, West liked this post
    S
    Selena

Matamune , Yumyumcrow

Thanks guys for your quick response

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Vampire is repealing the 'requires 3 member' house rule for Covenant benefits.

The original idea behind the rule was to encourage recruitment of the Unaligned, but this never seemed to translate into the game. A rule that doesn't accomplish it's intent isn't a very good rule, so we're doing away with it.

Full Covenant benefits are now open regardless of membership number.

Apologies to everyone who was inconvenienced by it -- it was done with the best of intentions.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes Whisper, Phoenix, Wod.Infant liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Rules tweak:

Vampire uses a House-Rule for Resistance.

This is being changed so that the Automated Resistance portion uses Blood Potency (or other supernatural trait) instead of a second Attribute. This should make it a little bit easier to deal with Kine on these types of rolls and more accurately represent a supernatural creature's ability to, errr, Resist.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

10. Likes Wod.Infant, Whisper liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

ALSO!

It's been a while now, six months, since some pretty drastic changes were made in the venue. ~I~ think they've gone over well, but I'm obviously biased.

How do you all feel about these changes? Did they work? Not work? Could things have been tweaked differently?

I've only been back very recently, but I really like the change to the priscus positions.

The changes to vitae pool are nice as well and rewards characters with high humanity.

As for the rest, I haven't been here long enough to make an educated opinion so I'll keep them for later, I'll just say that I like what I've seen so far.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Consumables -- Playtesting

We're going to try something out.

Right now, Health, Vitae, and Willpower are tracked per Scene with some really convoluted rules about how they interact between Scenes. We're going to toss that out. Health, Vitae, and Willpower will be a total amount, shared between Scenes. You'll only have one track for each, total, rather than per Scene.

How will we implement it?
    Pretty easy. As current Scenes close, just don't add new Scene info. Stick with what you've got until just one set of tracking is left.

So if I burn Willpower or Vitae in one Scene, it 'disappears' from other Scenes?

Pretty much. It's open for interpretation. Poof. It's gone. Don't hand-wring over the how or why.

Okay, that's fine for Willpower, but what about Vitae? Being Hungry or Starving is A Thing...

Yes, yes it is. Which means that your Average Blood Pool is going to be a Little More Important. See what I did there? Also. Hunting Rolls. Vitae really hasn't been a commodity that you've had to reeeeaaaally manage. Now, you might have to.

And Health? Suddenly spouting wounds is a little awkward?

Yeah, it is. Maybe it 'takes visible effect' as Scenes end. Really, I'm not sure. It'll probably make more sense on a case-by-case basis. The thing is, we still have that problem with the current method, so we're not creating a new problem -- but we are solving one. This might make Healing Wounds a bit easier and sensible.

But how will we handle Willpower refreshing now?
    Two words: Virtue. Vice. When's the last time anyone ~needed~ to enact them for Willpower? So they might be a little more important now, too. However. At the beginning of each calendar month, your Willpower will refresh to full regardless, to simulate the nights of resting. So you'll just need to manage it month-to-month.

How does the Average Vitae Pool work now?
    Like Willpower, it will be the 'starting value' for the beginning of the month. You don't have to charge any Vitae for 'rising', but you will for things like Wound repairs, etc.

Why. Whyyyyyy?
    A few reasons. The current method is clunky, for you, and for your Storytellers. We're also going to see if this puts a bit more focus on the AVP and V/v, and clean up damage recovery a bit. Again, it's a playtest. If it sucks, we'll go back to the old way. The up side? Less bookkeeping for you. One set of tracks.

Feel free to ask any questions I haven't addressed!

14. Likes Violet, deltadream liked this post
    R
    Rincewind

How do we know which scenes to "fall back" too?
    i.e. say I have 4 scenes, one ends, taking me down to 3 completely different "sets" of tracking. When a new scene starts, how do we decide which of the 3 scenes I have running that will be the tracking for the new scene?

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread