Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Miach calling Councilor Avis

THREADID

As he looked at his phone before composing the number, the Acanthus wondered what she would make of it. He had never talked to her before. And yet he needed to now. Only one way to know.

*RING - RING*
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The phone on the other end of the line clicked on and a monotonous female voice answered, "Hello."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

"Hello, this is doctor Miach. you may remember me, I'm from the book club. How are you ?" going with the stereotypes could make things easy at times.

"I would like to meet and talk shop with you at some point, at your convenience, of course."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

There was a pause on the line while Avis ran back through her memory for his name and face. Eventually she seemed to find it.

"Talk shop in relation to what? Just...give me a general idea."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A general idea, eh ?

"Well... I'd like advice on home security, among a couple of other things." Very general, but hopefully the Mastigos Councilor would catch his meaning.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

There was a sigh. Then, "Alright. Let's talk at the Bismark."

Miach could understand the sigh. More work... The Acanthus let it slide without comment.

"Thank you. When would be easiest for you ? Just name it, and I'll manage around to be there." Growing Fate proficiency had its perks, sometimes.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"There's...a gathering there soon," Avis said, wondering how to phrase it. Phones were dangerous things to talk into, but then again, it probably wasn't hard for the enemies of the Consilium to figure out where they would be. Besides, it could be helpful in some ways if they were attacked. Every action and all that, so, so be it. "Might as well talk there. It's in my schedule already, and I'm kinda booked otherwise."

It made sense, and beside, it would give him a reason to go.

"You got it, then." he said, smiling inwardly. Another thing that needed doing that was underway.

Unless Avis had anything more to add, he would salute her and hang on.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Ok. Just, uh, drag me aside whenever you want. I don't have any real duties, aside from being there. I'll see you then," her voice said before the line went dead.

Closed Thread