Ended
Watch

Dark and Smoky

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    T
    Tre

I hadn’t meet the woman the other night at court, but I did see her speaking with the Prince not to long after I’d moved off to a side conversation with Tracy, no matter, as long as I maintained the game.

I take her hand and offer a gentlemanly shake in return “AJ. I saw ya at work tha other night talkin wit tha head boss. I’m a bit new in town so figured it’d be rude ta innerupt, bud its nice ta meet ya in person.”

Then to everyone around me a smile “Tell ya what folks, since I’m new in town tha first round is on me, an maybe a few more if I get a chance at that table later. So, what’s everyone’s poison.”

Maredrauga was at a similar loss for mundane names, and not the least bit hurt over lack of engagement by the other two gentleman. One of them largely ignored him, while the other covered him with a blanket statement to everyone...which with females around was much to be expected. He gave a soft nod in return for the smile that Angel gave.

"Generally when people have a game going, you just put quarters down on the rail for next game." He said to L'aire with a nod. "I am Aiden, by the way..."
    Daeva | Unaligned | BP • |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP ¾

A
    Angel Ducard

I give Sasha a soft, teasing smile, "Oh you can call me Angel." I look to my Priscus, and points a finger at him "He can't, I redirect the point back to Sasha "but you can."

I take the offered Cue and give it a stroke, checking the balance and smoothness. "Well thank you for your consideration Mr. Baldwin, that is very sweet of you."

My face betrays a rather perplexed and unhappy look. I am disappointed with myself for not noticing this Kindred, AJ he calls himself. "Oh do forgive me AJ, I did not notice you at the club the other night. It was such a busy night after all. Angel Ducard."I extend my hand in greeting and requesting forgiveness for my oversight.

S
    Sasha

L’aire smiled as the seemingly creepy guy teased the classic beauty. Her heart raced as she began to think of something. Oh gawd, did I interrupt a date?

“Oh, uh, maybe… sure Pete… unless… Aiden wants to play?” Shaking her hands in front of her, apologizing with them. “Sorry, I’ve only played pool a couple times.” Shrugging one shoulder and slightly recoiling next to the only person she vaguely knew there.

“Thanks." She softly whispered turning upwards to the Darkling. The Dancer wondered if he’d be as in and out as he was during the Autumn coronation. “Oh, thanks AJ. If you're offering I’d take an unopened bottle of water, please.” Way to live dangerously. “Or whatever kind of water they have, even if its just a glass.” Yeah, still not dangerously.

The crowd she was about to play with was sure different than the Blue Cue. It was warm and inviting, friendly and cozy. This was creepy, abrupt and dangerous. She wasn’t sure yet which was preferred. Except when the woman made her feel oddly special. “Oh, okay, Angel.” And a little more at ease.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"That's me. All sweetness," Baldwin quipped, completely the straight man. Angel Ducard had a manner about her that amused the Knight, playing with him through the Masquerade. Being entertaining was almost as good as being useful - of course, he expected he would find out what she could do soon enough. The Khan affair was still in play.

Aiden's suggestion she pop quarters down was pretty normal, indeed. "Whatever's on tap is good by me, AJ. Thanks, man." Of course, he wasn't going to drink much of it. That would be a waste of the Blood, which just wouldn't do.

An unopened bottle of water?

"That's very specific," Baldwin mused, cold eyes peering at L'aire, a question about her past written in them.

T
    Tre

I take the aforementioned drink orders and head over to the bar. The frustrating thing about my general demeanor and force of presence is that people like bar tenders tend to try and avoid taking your order, but I’d long sense figured a way around that.

As the man goes to pass by me again without taking my order I reach out with my hat and throw it on the floor in front of him. Might be an odd thing to do but it gets people’s attention. “An while yur pickin that’d up fur me, I’ll take a bottled wader an a pitcher of whadever ya got on tap.”

A quizzical look in my direction but the man can sense my beast stirring as most the herd do, no argument form him. He picks up my hat and places it on the counter and returns in a few moments with the order. I leave a 20 on the counter for a tip and head back to the table.
    “Er ya go folks, figured a pitcher should be enough ta go round ta start wit.”

"After you..." Maredrauga said to L'aire, followed with a softly spoken, "No problem." His eyes shifted around, still guarded and unsure what to make of them.

The Darkling cocked his head to the side, seeing the passive aggressive hat trick work its magic, before his attention shifted back to the game. "If you are new to the game, we could always play teams."
    Daeva | Unaligned | BP • |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP ¾

S
    Sasha

The creepy guy looked at the Fairest and her back felt a tingly sensation. Something about the way he looked at her. “Yeah, flimsy bottles spill easily.” She lifted a shoulder and let it fall the same. It as half of the truth. She wasn’t a genius, but she wasn’t an idiot either in a random dark bar.

The Dancer plucked her drink from the man with the mottled accent. “Oh, thank you.” Offering a smile of gratitude.

Of all the things that creped her out in the bar, the Darkling was the least of her concern. “Oh, yeah we could. I mean, I’ve played before… in a pool hall.” Her fingers gently made a circle indicating the place they were in. “I uh… wasn’t sure of bar protocol.” L’aire half smiled sheepishly.

“I’m sure the same rules apply though.” The Onyx smiled as she recanted words that were on a plaque she saw in Washington. “Don’t lean on the table. Be mindful of someone else’s stick and balls. Right?” Glancing to confirm any accuracy at all to the sentiment. Clearly, she wasn't trying to pretend to know.

A
    Angel Ducard

"I would assume she is being specific so she doesn't have to worry about someone slipping something into her drink." I may be dead, but i am still a woman... "I wouldn't take offense Mr. Baldwin, she is just playing it safe."

I turn to the gentleman recommending teams, "That is a lovely idea, but I believe we have uneven numbers if we wished to play proper teams. "If one of you gentlemen would be willing to sit out this round, we could do the obvious gender split, or we could play mixed teams." I stand a bit closer to the Priscus of my Clan, Not My Priscus, but my clan. Letting my body language translate the information of which way I would like to play.

T
    Tre

“I’ll sit this one out, so ya’ll can ave even splits.” I pour a few cups from the pitcher and sit them about.

Looking to the small woman @L’aire , “I don, blam ya . To many freaks lookin ta get their jollies off in a bad way these days. I been in enough dive bars like this ta understand tha reasoning behind it.”

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.