Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Late Night Shopping

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa laughed at Morgan's way with words. She imagined she was the only person to call a fanny purse a butt bag and meant it seriously. That she also didn't know what an MP3 was was also rather endearing. Not that she'd consider herself very computer-literate herself but she knew some stuff, at least what what was in the most basic sense. As for actually using a computer... let's just say its for the best she had a Nokia brick rather than a smart phone.

"An MP3 is like a CD player without the CD. It plays songs... somehow. It also gets a good amount of cash at pawn shops." She let that hang in the air for a second before getting paranoid over them taking that as an admission to being a thief. Not that they would be wrong, but she wasn't one any longer and she didn't want anyone else to figure that out. Ava was the only one who had to know. "Or so I figure, you know. Electronic devices, they generally sell well."

As she pondered on what Chris said, she began questioning the use of face names in general. "So Trent is Nine Inch Nails and you're White Fern? Why not just use your real names? It'd make things easier for people looking for you and it's not like people will like it any less because its got your name. Makes you wonder, huh? Most people use false names cause they're hiding something, could be good or bad. So it begs the question, what are you, Trent, and all the other musicians hiding?"

She also idly wondered what type of shop Mr. Tickle's Emporium was. Sounded like a Toys 'R' Us type of place. But then, what reason would they have to go there? But why else would the name start with Mr. Tickle, that just sounded like a toy mascot.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally can be found behind the counter, she's mostly watching people and willing to answer questions asked. As she waits, her mind wanders over plans for Christmas that's coming up. As she notices familiar faces coming towards the store, she straightens up and allows a warm smile to grace her face.

"Hey, Morgan. Been a while hasn't it?" She greets the Autumn Courtier and noting Tessa, "Hi Tessa. How have you been?"

Seeing a new face, she introduces herself, "Welcome to Mr Tickle's Wonder Emporium. I'm Tally Benoit."

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle giggles a little.

"Butt-bag. Hehe." He wipes the smile from his face for half a second, making a fist in front of his mouth and pretending to clear his throat. "Ahem. Sorry. Just funny to me." He fears, for a moment, he would overdo it with people he has to remind himself are pretty much strangers. An easy smile comes back to his face, regardless. He notices the comfort and familiarity the two seem to have with each other. He wouldn't mind having some real friends like that. Buuuut then he would have to sit still for a while.

The mention of Mr. Tickle's Emporium almost makes him lose it again. But he has enough sense not to play on the innuendo the name suggested. No sex jokes. Too soon. Ferret-gal, at least, knows what Kyle is talking about. Kyle nods as she touches on a semblance of understanding, then frowns thoughtfully before coming up with an answer.

"Well, a little hiding isn't a bad thing in this big bad world. But I just thought it was clever. Most musicians like to pick a name for themselves or their bands that fit their music... or 'say something'. Some of them are, like, completely random." Which I probably seem to them riiiight now. Oh well. He shrugs.

Within the shop, yet another Beast - he's 85% sure - greets them. "Hey, thanks. Chris Ruthorford. Don't suppose you have heard of White Fern?" He looks hopeful for a moment.

Ciara Maskelyne

Once again, Finn finds himself roaming the streets of Sacramento after dark. It was kind of hard to avoid; considering he earned his living play for tips in bars and was currently suffering a severe lack of reliable transportation. Thankfully, the city had a passable public transportation system; but that meant he still had to walk to and from his destination and the closest bus stop.

And so, the Fairest finds himself walking down 34th Street with his battered guitar case on his back; headed home after his evening was cut short by a rowdy bachelorette party that managed to close down the club. As he walks by the converted warehouse, the shinning arch of the Quicksilver Gate catches the Fairest's attention; causing Finn to stop and furrow his brow in thought. He recognized the name; having to think back a few moments before remembering a certain hedgespinner mentioning the place a few nights before. Deciding the whole evening was a bit of serendipitous fortune, Finn makes his way inside the busy marketplace.

The place was certainly lively; which wasn't unexpected considering they were in the middle of the holiday season. What is surprising to the man is the mince pie and drink he's given once he enters. Taking the offered treat with a polite smile; Finn finishes them off before disposing of the trash. It should be more than enough to tide him over until he got home, and a fair sight better than the Ramen and Chock Full O' Nuts he had planned on eating...

Picking his way through the crowd, Finn makes his way up to the second story; intent of trying to find Terri's shop and at least say hello to the woman. He knew they couldn't continue the discussion they had started at the Bonfire; not with so many people around. But it would at least give him a chance to prove he had been listening to her, and was serious when he talked about learning more about the craft. However, by the time he finds the woman's store and peaks in, it quickly becomes clear the Legate is far to busy for idle banter. She's surrounded by customers, and Finn knows better than to interrupt a fellow survivor that was in the middle of plying their trade.

So, he gives Terri a quick wave and friendly smile he isn't sure she even sees; then dips out of the way of those coming and going into the stall.

Still, tonight wasn't a total waste; he now knew where the building was if he even needed to come back again, he had a little bit of food and a shot of good sherry in his belly, and the crowd at the market radiated the pleasant warmth of the holiday season. Not quite ready to go back home, or back out into the cold, quite yet; an idea quickly forms in the Fairest's head. He might not have much money, but he might be able to repay the generosity of whoever had provided his meal; and drum up a little more business for the Treetop Fashions as well. Every little bit helped the bottom line, right?

Stepping off to the side of the stall where he wouldn't be in the way, Finn slips the well-worn guitar case off his back and sets it gently on the ground; opening it up and retrieving an old acoustic Fender guitar that looked like it had seen as many miles as the case that held it. He doesn't want to be mistaken for a pan handler and risk being chased off; so once the guitar is slung over one shoulder, Finn zips the case up and places it behind him. Thankfully the instrument was still tuned from his half-hour performance at the club, so he launches right into an impromptu performance; the first few cords of Silent Night drifting out over the second story balcony.

-1 Glamour for Hardend Mask

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye did a double take, her blue eyes widening at the red heads offer.

“I, uh,” she started to say, “I don’t know what to say. That is very generous, thank you so much.” She said gratefully. “Though I would feel better about it if I am able to repay the favor. I don’t have much to offer, but I would like to do something for you.” She offers, it only seemed right to.

Her eyes look to Pepper, “I’m looking for a statement piece, something to that can go with anything, but adds a little something extra. And perhaps a scarf or hat, which is actually for Elle.” She says, eyes moving back over the pieces in the stall.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan blinked owlishly at Tessa's explanation. She looked a little embarrassed as she spoke: "Oh...heh, nada good with tech-noo-logic-all things, heh-heh. Sssorry Chris b-but not sure if listen if complicated to-to work mmm-pee-three th-thingie." She gained a confident smile when pawn shops came up. Morgan was quite familiar with those shops, "Prawn-erm-pawn shops are g-g-good for finding hard goods, heh-heh, nada clothes, lest-want-$500-evil-high-heels. Um, heh-heh. Found me knives there. Buuut kinda brutal, they be, on the background checks with buying zzzztuff from folks. Sometimes. Heh-hard to profit prawn-pawn shops solo, Prefer courier work..." she mumbled something about high demand but it was hard to make out.

Upon entering the Wonder Emporium, the raccoon perked up as a familiar not-grumpy wolf greeted them. She smiled and waved back to the sales clerk, "Hi-hello-greetings Tally! Looong time unseen, heh-heh. Huh? How arrrr you doing? Beneficial I hopes and-and holiday shoppers nada too much heh-hassle." As the Beasts conversed, the raccoon's eyes scanned the Emporium, spotting a few nick-knacks and other things that she'd though would make good random gifts for friends in the Freehold, and maybe some mundanes. Though she was curious about the "screw top" soda cans. Still, Morgan needed to ask about some things: "Gotta couple inquiries if-if-if not a problem, heh. Yozzz have beanie bag-chairs or-or something similars per chance? Fffigure ask Marcus abouts metal knuckles l-later. Aaalso, stresss balls? Fffigure be very big help for mmmost folks inna club, heh, to have some of those, heh-heh."

Morgan had had one such squeezy ball back in Chicago. It was helpful until it had broken from over use.

V
    Vivian York

Silent Night was always a little ‘churchy’ for the Daeva, but it echoed through the building. The twangs of the guitar chords made everything feel a little sparkly.

Vivian just stood with a smile, blinking as she watched the woman’s reaction to her offer. Tilting her head forward toward Faye. “Well, I never asked for repayment. Those are called loans dahling.” Winking briefly. “Footing the bill, picking up the tab, etc. is just simply that.”

“If the holidays are for the spirit of giving, then call me the ghost of Christmas present… as in the ones with the bows.” Hopefully Dickens wasn’t over many heads.

“If you feel you must repay me, just invite me to a performance.” Vivian wasn’t sure what the woman performed, but it didn’t really matter right now.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Speaking of stress balls, Morgan might find her in a similar situation at the moment. In particular, Tally's sharpened canines sent a shiver down Tessa's spine as an locked itself around Morgan's like she was a life preserver. Tessa didn't do well with teeth, they reminded her too much of her Durance and what she had spent a lot of time running away from. She was able to hold her ground, though, partially because Tally's teeth weren't all that bad compared to other members of the Freehold and Morgan made a good anchor. Especially seeing how she remained quite calm around Tally despite having a similar feeling towards sharp teeth from what she had seen. In fact, being able to keep grounded, literally considering her first reaction to sharp teeth, was what helped her realize she had actually seen Tally before. Well, that and Tally calling her by name.

"Wait, you know me? That's, uhh, disturbing because I don't think I... wait, actually I think I do. We met once before. I remember something about a celebration. Yeah, you actually do seem kinda familiar, Tally. Sorry about not remembering straight off. So, uhh, what do you sell here? Because Mr. Tickle's Emporium sounds a lot to me like EB Toys or some other toy store."

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiled and nodded to the Redhead, then laughed at her twist to referencing Dickens. "Well, I'm not going to argue much about that."

She tugged Madison closer to the stall, browsing through the accessories more than the big items. "So 'Statement' and 'goes with everything' usually means accessories of some sort - Scarves, headbands, jewelry, ties, pocket squares, watches, belts, socks and shoes. You're obviously avoiding Seasonal things... So either o for something really bright and vivid, or a classic color with a pattern. Black, Navy, Brown, White, grey...." She was saying it mostly as a reminder for herself, it was fairly basic hints she'd picked up over her years.

"Oh, if it's a gift, I'd recommend getting two or three of those that match in some way to help tie any outfit together. Like... hmm... a good set would be a scarf or tie with a unique pattern of white, black, and red, a red belt, and socks with a more classic argyle. That kind of thing." The acanthus shrugged, and shifted her attention more fully on a specific type of accessory.

"Don't get Elle a hat - for one thing, her curls would be a pain in the but with one, for another, hat sizes are more finicky than people realize. So, Scarf, but make it one that's great for tying back hair with." She turned to Terri and smiled, "What do you have that would be a good size for that?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri couldn't help but smile as the three rather unique ladies went on talking about clothing, coming together over a small thing known as fashion. At mention of a scarf for Elle's hair, Terri nods before asking, "Any particular colour?" moving from the counter and Mal towards one display.

Sorry for the delay
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread