Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Late Night Shopping

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan continued to display her odd habit of tilting her head when she got contemplative of confused. So very much lack a curious raccoon would do so, "Uh, d-does that means you pre-prefer Chris or Trent? Heh, and izzz kinda a, uh, social club rather then club-club. Erm, not a party club not mean not a whack-a-mole club, save izz not that either, heh-heh. Nada sure how feel on entertainment, b-but be better to offer in the Spring then in the Winter." If that wasn't enough hints Morgan was really unsure how to get it past him without violating the oath on exposure. She righted her head and shrugged, it wasn't like she could whisper it into his ear. Unless she tried pulling him down to her level or jumping on his back.

Morgan just shrugged at his request, "Um, d-don't see why nots. This place t-tis a public venue op-open to all, heh-heh. W-was gonna go check-shop at Mr. Tick-tickle's Wonder Emporium, heh, n-nada-never been there afore or heh-here when place hop-open. B-b-been to old TreeTops though, heh, pricey-pretty clothes. Um, y-you okay with Chris-or-Trent dood following T-tessa? Tttthought kinda public so hard to stop, heh-heh."

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Grumpy? Do you mean Malory? Well, she does have a scowl all the time and she is kinda dwarfish. Probably the alcohol. Alcohol can't be used to threaten us and it might mellow her out a little. Unless she's one of those angry drunks, in which case the brass knuckles would make her less likely to attack. Hrrmmm... actually, I think I'm starting to see your confusion. Wait, I'll get her the booze and you can get her the brass knuckles, because you're better friends with her and all and we both have different gifts." She wasn't entirely sure why Morgan was friends with Malory, assuming that was the grumpy she was talking about. Their first encounter had not gone well, and that wasn't even including her being in the buff at first. Malory seemed stubborn and authorative and possessed of a temper to force people in to submission when she took ill to something. She supposed she had to have something good about her deep inside for Ava and Morgan to like her, but it had to be pretty deep down because she didn't see it.

"What would I like? Good question. Probably something fairly inexpensive. What about a bean bag chair? I don't have anywhere to sit in my room and it might add a touch of pizzazz. What about you? The question caught her slightly off-guard, it wasn't very often someone outright asked you what you wanted. It was practically a first for Tessa. But with the question popped, she figured she'd ask it as well. No shame in that and it get a second gift out of the way.

Morgan wasn't the only one confused by Chris' explanation of his name. Chris Rutherford? White Fern? Trent Reznor? You know, it was actually probably a good thing she couldn't remember her last name, it made her name simple. Just Tessa. One word, two syllables, none of that crazy nonsense about the whos-its and what-its of your title. Or was White Fern like Morgan's Twilit Paige thing? "...Right. I think I'll just call you Chris. And I suppose I don't mind you shopping with us. It can't hurt us, at least." Or it could but at least they could keep an eye on him. God, when had she gotten so territorial with the Freehold?

V
    Vivian York

“Well, I can certainly wait and browse too.” Looking at Faye . “I don’t want to be impolite and intrude since you were helping the other woman who is shopping for others. I’m just shopping for me.” Vivian shrugged and laughed.
    Money was tight for some it seemed this time of year. The Daeva couldn’t help but over hear the conversation between her and the other woman who strolled up to have a chat with the beauty. “Tell you what…” Turning to talk to the Riveting woman, her friend and the red headed designer. “You pick a couple of presents out from this boutique and I will foot the bill.” The Daeva’s hand quickly went up, index finger pointed high. “And I won’t take no for an answer.” Her grin was encouraging, and offer was just to the performer who seemed a little lost in her way.

'Tis the season for random acts of kindness, right?

“Oh, I’ll still take the gloves though.” Like Vivian wasn't about to let those out of her sight.

Kyle Ferlen

Mask

Kyle is handsome, with a strong jawline that is usually marred with stubble or an unkempt beard. He has short, messy brown hair that is often hidden beneath a hat. When he moves about he is accompanied by the sound of rustling foliage. He has bright, expressive brown eyes.
    Mien

Mien

Kyle's hair - his real hair - is comprised of short, tangled vines. He sports hornlike growths of twisted branches behind his pointed, elegant ears. His skin tone is tinted with the slightest hint of green, and is covered with crisscrossing white scars on his back and arms. His hair on his face and body is green and fibrous like the tufts on an ear of corn. Shifting vines grow from his palms, which are usually coiled around his hands like bandages. His irises are dull and pale.

PRE

Kyle nods, though not entirely convinced. I know Winter types tend to be 'cold', but even they gotta have fun sometimes. Looking between the two as they seem utterly lost on his name, Kyle tries - and fails - to hold back a laugh. He at least has the courtesy to cover his mouth in an attempt to soften the blow.

"Um... 'Trent' is the solo artist from the band Nine Inch Nails. Probably the most well known in the genre. So yes, please, call me Chris." It is almost too much for him. He shakes his head, still grinning. Guess they aren't big on the music scene. Which still doesn't keep him from a shameless self-promotion. [COLOR="#ccffcc"]"If you're looking for one of my songs on MP3... those are under White Fern."

The grumpy one, as it turns out, has a name. Malory. If booze and brass knuckles are her thing, Kyle will have to tread lightly with her. The Minstrel has a way with getting people riled up. Sometimes not even on purpose. Plus, if he got punched out by a girl he would have a hard time living it down.

With their acceptance - however reluctant - of him tagging along, Kyle grins and makes a mock toast with his sherry. "To last minute shopping with complete strangers, then!" He finishes off the little sample and finds some place to put the cup. One hand finally free, he makes a half-way gentlemanly sweep of his hand. "Ladies. After you." He feels glad for the company, despite the fact that he doesn't really know them. Yes, there is always risk involved whenever meeting others of their kind, but Kyle likes to look for the best in people. And this place is really public - much less risk of something happening here. World is a scary place, but that doesn't mean it can't get better.

G
    Greebs

Bored Now!

Standing off to one side, trying not to get in the way of all the other eager-beavers, fawning over Terri's wares, or worse, taking forever to just pick something. Mal was quickly coming to the conclusion that, as a virtue, patience wasn't really all it was cracked up to be.

Seizing her moment as the Redhead with the Accent set about the task of bullying the one clad in half a dead cow, and her friend who looked like she threw fluorescent pink marker pens into her laundry or something, into accepting a little festive pity, Mal skirted the back of the stall and sidled up to Terri with a slightly sheepish expression.

"Is it always this busy?" she grumbled, wasting valuable (relative) privacy on being grumpy and resentful, which was, of course, completely unlike her...

"I... ah... was hoping you could... help me out..." Mal said, clearly having somewhere she wanted to steer the conversation to, being unsure, or perhaps uncomfortable with where it was going. "I want to get Ava something..." she visibly cringed, her ears, beneath thick black hair turning hot and pink, knowing exactly how this was going to sound. "special for Christmas..." she mumbled, as if saying it quieter might somehow make Terri miss how... sappy it sounded. She stood there in silence for a few moments, taking the time to do justice to the important task of dying of embarrassment. "You doing... what you do, and having... what you have in common with her... I would be grateful if you could spare the time..."

She trailed off. It was hard enough work for Mal to bring herself to ask for help once. Repeating it might actually prove detrimental to her health.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Oh my God. The thought of someone offering to purchase gifts for random strangers seemed quite the charitable act. For Terri, it told her that there was still hope in this season of giving. It was what Christmas was all about. Giving gifts and spreading joy to others.

Terri looked round towards Mal as she mumbled her way through her request. She really wondered if the Summer Courtier just wasn't used to talking civilly to others or went out of her way to be antagonistic. Right now, it made Terri grin at how cute it was.

"Sure thing!" Terri squealed, understanding perfectly. "It will have to be done quickly though, right? Christmas isn't that far away now. How about after the market closes up, we spend some time talking about the design?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

G
    Greebs

Mal heaved a huge sigh of relief as Terri agreed to help, and while obviously a little excited, didn't laugh at any implications she might have picked up from the choice of words the pledge of secrecy they both bore had bulldozed Mal towards.

"I... would like that." she said, a ghost of a bashful, embarrassed smile flickered across her face. A rare glimmer of vulnerability that only really leaked out among those she truly liked, trusted and appreciated.

There was a chance the Grinch could save Christmas after all! ...With a little help from her friends...

"...err... what time are you closing?" She asked, moment over, get the practicality head back on before someone mistook her for a nice person or something... "Won't it be late? That does seem to... rather be the point..."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The raccoon grins widely whilst rapidly nodding at the ferret, "Yuppers I lack other friends as grumpy-yet-warm as Mal, heheh. And-and sure you can get the booze I'll try to find the tin-copper-no-no brass knuckles or something...nada sure they legal. Meh, I t-try asking fors anyway, heh-heh...not sure she use with what already has...maybe sapper glove? " She shrugged. She'd have to look elsewhere then here is all.

The smile stayed on her face as Tessa got into the swing of the season, "Okay, heh, fun chair I try-attempt find one for you. Try heh-here or mall if not here...sorry no surprise..." Though she did get a little confused about what she would want. It took her a minute to realize that, yes, she got gifts too. This made her blush and facepalm, "Oh-ho-ho yeah, heh, I g-g-g-get gifts too, heh. K-kinda forgot about that, heh. Um," Well, Tessa lacked funds so Morgan couldn't ask for a lot from her. That'd be mean, "Gah-gloves maybe? Or-or butt-bag-no-no-no, fanny pack? Yeah, t-that is the word. Or ssssomething simple easy is fine, heh. You c-can pick."

She then sent a very confused look towards Chris. Mmmm-pee-three? What was that? Some kind of special CD? "O-oookay, heh, no conclusion on what an Mmmm-pee-three is, heh. B-b-but could probably buy-purchase alibino plant disc, heh, later...I guess?" But the guy seemed pretty chipper so there was that. Probably a Spring or something. "Uh, y-yes, that. Too shopping, avast...yay? Um, to the Emporium? R-right, tis this way I think, heh."

Morgan will point towards and start walking in the direction of Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium. Though she will go slow to make sure Tessa and Chris-not-Trent are keeping up. More to keep an eye on Tessa, she liked her friends. There was something in the back of her mind that she was forgetting about the Emporium. Was it that someone worked there or something? She couldn't quite remember who though as she got to the entrance of said Emporium.

10. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The warm smile that spread on Terri's face was genuine, a desire to help others, especially those she would consider a friend. The fact that Mal wanted to come to the Legate and discuss hedgespinning for Ava told Terri just how much the Scrivener meant for to Summer's Iron Adjutant.

"It'll be fine, don't worry about it," Terri replied, leaning on her counter as she sipped the egg-nog. "The owner is good enough to let me hang around if need be, work late."

The fact she had a doorway nearby back to her Hollow was always handy.

Greebs I'll set up a Hollow scene promptly!
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"I dunno, I like it. Though I can blame it on my Malay blood, right? I prefer the heat." Pepper shrugged and drifted closer to the Stall. She eyed a few of the designs, then laughed at Faye's comment.

"Want some help?" Then the Asian mage did a double-take to the red-haired stranger. Wow, offering to buy things for Faye? That's impressive. Though is made her wonder about a catch. It was just too strange to offer.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread