Ended
Watch

An Evening at the Shady Lady

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    Angel Ducard

I shift my gaze to the ever staring Nolan, “You have no idea… It’s always the rich people too, because there is a prenuptial agreement or something like that involved. One spouse breaks the agreement and the other is entitled to restitution. Occasionally things that are criminal come to light, and I have to work with the police.”

As Cameron rises to take his leave, I give him a polite nod of my head. “Good evening Mr. Levine, I hope to see you again.”

As I turn to answer the question of the rogue firebrand,“You would think so, but with the amount of money that can sometimes be involved, they try to be careful. But even with that, and everything they have for themselves, they still cannot control there vices…” Not that anyone at this table would have an issue with that, would they…?

“Oh, I haven’t embarrassed myself too much. But give it time…”

S
    Shepard

Money so often was a source of sin. Mortals and the Damned all seemed obsessed with it, yet Nolan found it was only useful to a point. After all, what was wealth in the eyes of God?

"Do have a good evening Mr. Levine. Safe travels."

Vivian introduced the prospect of sharing an embarrassing story, but truth be told Nolan did not have one. In Birmingham poor etiquette ended in lashes or worse, and in an Invictus domain manners were just as important. It was a little strange they were going by first names. Even here. "I daresay I'm in the same situation as my cousin. We Haunts do try to keep a low profile." He smiled at the suggestion. He doubted many in his family kept a low profile for long.

S
    Shepard

Please excuse me while I commit Seppuku

A
    Angel Ducard

... I really can't believe he just said that...

I elbow him in the ribs, rather bluntly, but as stealthily as possible.
    "That your Fraturnities nickname in college, right Nolan... isn't that what you told me..." My tone is sweet, but my look is far from it. There is no question in this, only my charcoal eyes burning a hole in his face. If he didn't answer this question correctly his ever staring eyes would be in my purse after we left here. I swear to God...

A
    Angel Ducard

V
    Vivian York

Vivian clasped her hands gently on the table, her elbows slightly propped up and she snickered heartily to what the monochrome Haunt was saying. They were kindred spirits it seems, in the textual sense. “Oh vices can be a good catalyst at times. Most often a catalyst to their own demise.” Her lips curled in a slight grin to the side of her mouth.

No sooner did the Daeva mention embarrassing moments than Nolan had one of his own. Thankfully Angel was quick on the draw with covering it up. Hopefully he’d get the hint. What is with people tonight, first Cameron now this guy. But, she'd let his own Family deal with that.

“I’d have to say my own was the day I wore a dress with a short lace train. It was connected in such a fashion that when a renounced individual from the Club of Toronto accidently had stood upon it that the entire bottom half of my dress detached.” Waving her hand shaking her head with a grin. “Needless to say that designer received a phone call and owed me a good dinner.” The company at the table could probably figure out what happened.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Hitting the month mark, let's start wrapping up!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

A
    Angel Ducard

"Well, I suppose it is about that time." I notice my watch as the bartender seems to be wiping down the bartop and cleaning glasses. Out comes a business card from my clutch. I hand it across to Ms. York. "Call me some time, I am sure we can share some stories."

I turn to my now silent friend, "Nolan, will you walk me out please." I stand, guiding Nolan to his feet and allow him to lead me out of the bar. A moderately enjoyable night, that is sure.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.