Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1412) Parliament of Prisci

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

His blood-crazed primal instincts were held in check. The Masks that the others wore were helped ease the agitation.

The Daeva knew all present in some regard, except for the redhead. Josephine's appearance came as a surprise. He smiled at Daniella. It had been quite some time since they last spoke in private.

Juan cast a nod to the Prince in acknowledgement. Cordoba stepped into the pit and took a seat. After Lord Baldwin delivered his introduction, he had his turn, "Good evening fellow Prisci. I am Mister Cordoba, Priscus of Daeva."

PRE

Tracy nodded at the woman's introduction, but her attention turned to the Prince as he spoke. As he asked them to introduce themselves, the petite Savage turned to the other Prisci, listening to each of them as they introduced themselves. She had met the Daeva briefly, and had made the acquaintance of the Haunt as well. The Mekhet Priscus was the one that she was most familiar with of course. Three of them are Invictus, she thought to herself, wondering whether the Ventrue Priscus also counted herself amongst the Unconquered.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance," she finally said to Josephine, offering her a polite smile as she addressed the assembled Kindred. "Fellow Prisci, I am Tracy Burns," she said, introducing herself formally. "Priscus of Clan Gangrel." The Ventrue Priscus was likely the only one that didn't know her name, but the Prince had asked that each of them introduce themselves, and she was not going to challenge the request of the apex predator of Sacramento.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella nodded as they were invited into the seating area, and took her seat. Peters new position as Priscus was curious, but she trusted her Coterie Mate. But made note to talk to him and Jennifer about it.

A smile is offered to each as they spoke, before she stands to introduce herself.

“A good evening fellow Priscus, I am Lady Daniella Sage, Priscus of Mekhet.” When she finishes, she sits again, eager to hear what was on the agenda for the evening.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

PRE

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Priscus Burns, and to see you all again," Josephine replied, first to Tracy and then to the room in general. The Ventrue's lips then continued to move, producing even, mellowed words. "Though I quite enjoy hearing the sounds, you have all heard me speak my own name and that of my clan this evening, and I suspect that might be enough for some of you so I shall not bore you with it again."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ultimately, Asa decided it would be bad form to strangle the Priscus of his own Clan. Another Clan, maybe. But more importantly, it would also be ultimately ineffective because they didn't breathe.

It was interesting they'd all left out their Covenant affiliations.

"Thank you all for coming," he continued, settling comfortably.

"For decades, this Domain has really only paid lip service to the Clan paragons. Generally, Court officers --including Primogen-- held most of the responsibility and authority. I'd like to change that." Asa took a moment to look at each.

"Going forward, the Priscus of each Clan will be responsible for their Clan. This will begin with Acknowledgment, and continue with adjudication of grievances and assignment of Rights. Your families will be responsible to you, and you to me. In the past, you've had the authority to temporarily Acknowledge new arrivals -- this is now a full authority. By the same token, you'll also be held accountable for those you Acknowledge. Should conflict arise, whether that's a violation of my Law or simple bad manners, you'll be responsible for handling it."
    Unless it was a situation like Angustri, and then he might handle it directly. "So judgment and potential sentencing is now in your hands; if I don't agree with the disposition, of course, then we might discuss it."

He smiled slightly, crossing a leg a plucking the line of his slacks straight.

"The Reeve's office will help enforce judgement, which could be anything from banishment to the Barrens to more creative options. Of course, carrots go with sticks, and you'll also be empowered to grant Hunting and Tenancy Rights in the Communal Zone. That zone will be expanding as I am absorbing the unclaimed Regencies back into my direct Praxis. Essentially, you all have expanded responsibilities and authority."

And one of you might end up being my next Seneschal

"To ensure clarity of purpose, I will ask two things. The first, that you all ensure a Whip is available to handle matters in case you are indisposed. The second, and more importantly, is that you forego any other position within the Domain. This does not include Covenant responsibilities, of course -- just Domain ones. For example, were Priscus Burns,"
    he smiled and gestured at the petite redhead, "Still a Reeve's Deputy, she would have to relinquish either that position or the Priscus title."

Asa paused to let them absorb the information.

"Are there questions? Please, feel free to ask."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

7. Likes Matamune, Cayce, Forn Clakes, Brownlee, Benji liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Lord Baldwin adjusted his suit jacket and leaned forward, his face its usual, sunken neutral but his eyes plainly showing his interest in what the Prince was setting up. It was different, indeed, but a perfectly functional and effective way of doing things. A refinement of the old system. His Grace took what was old and made it more effective.

He voiced his one question.

"Your Grace, if I may: so that we may handle violations of the Law there, will Prisci be made exceptions to the Laws surrounding use of force or Disciplines in Elysium?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"As a blanket answer, 'No'," Asa replied, nodding to the Haunt Priscus.

"Ideally, the Reeve's office will handle enforcement and sentencing. However,"
    a small smile crept out, "I can also appreciate that there might be situations where discretion is preferred -- to keep things 'in house'. In such --hopefully outlier-- cases, then an exception can be made."

The smile widened slightly.

"You'll have to use your own discretion, and then be accountable for your actions to me."

Which, was the crux of it.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

10. Likes Matamune, Cayce, Forn Clakes liked this post

PRE

"It seems wonderfully clear, Alder Prince Clarke," Josephine replied after absorbing the information for some moments. "I hope that these changes will effect the improvement that you seek in the Domain. Certainly, when looking at the faces of my colleagues, I have faith that such will be the case."

J
    Juan Cordoba

More autonomy, more responsibility. It was only to be expected. He nodded with approval toward Asa. "This is an excellent turn of events. I too look forward to what will come forth from this."

Cordoba did have one question, "Your Grace, as we are tasked with Acknowledgements, might we obtain access to the presentation materials Seneschal Villiers had?" The information was very thorough.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread