Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Out in the Cold

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Trench
    Trench

"Does everything seem to cause headaches or is it because I'm new?" Trench asked, giving the legend a sideways look before returning his attention back to Jordan.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

When Trench looks at it sideways, it almost seems to grow.

Creepy.

Why the hell would Apotheosis draw this? And so precisely?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

While Jordan and Trench were twisting their eyes over the fractal patterns, they could hear a loud, steady sound coming from Jack's room, almost like he's only quickly swiping a flat hand across the keyboard, but somehow keeping that sound up consistently without pause.

The sound stopped after a few minutes, although it was followed by a little slurping. After a couple of minutes, a chair was heard moving and Jack appeared in his bedroom doorway.

"Hey guys, it's done! How's the... legend decrypting?" Jack asks as he takes a look at the fractal patterns there. He stares, unfaltering and not blinking... He squints his eyes, then reopens them... Then, he looks back expectantly at the two, maybe blinking faster for just a bit. He seems to be used to such eye-twisters, despite being unable to decipher it.

"Ok, either that's a really cryptic legend, or it's a really well made optical-illusion thing..."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

And so the three Mages ponder The Doily Of Mysteries...
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Jordan rubbed his eyes.

"Enough already. Where scholarship won't cut it, fate can weigh in."

He sat back. "One of my weaknesses as a mage has always been that i've used magic as a tool, like a hammer or saw. But what I'm coming to understand is that magic is part of what I am...more like a body part. Here's a plan: tell me what you think."

He smiled. "As Jack's already guessed, I'm going to ask the help of Fate with what is called a Synchronicity spell. It gives you guidance from random inputs. My thought, though, is this. I'll cast the spell using the ramdom web generator that Jack just programmed. But you, Jack, should try the same spell, using the elements of Theo's computer as the random source. Trench, you have to help us figure out what the clues that Fate provides means. It can be elusive. Questions, comments, better ideas?"

Trench
    Trench

That thing is[ seriously messed up. Trench thought with a shudder. Did all Ley lines cause heachachs and insanity or something? Trench was really starting to be put off by the whole things. "Uhh...Sure, just tell me what to do."

PRE

Jack ponders the doily a bit more before responding. "That's... not exactly the spell I had in mind when you brought up chance... Plus, since we're doing it through the internet, wouldn't we need to combine it with Forces or something..? I was thinking more along the lines of just making ourselves luckier in pulling up something related... to.. it.. all..."

Jack facepalms himself and motions at the doily. "Duh! We're dealing with something supernal in nature, so we should observe it in a different way... I can't help you guys with seeing this differently, so either this will help things, or we'll just have to go with the laptop path... Here goes!"

Jack closes his eyes, picturing the "legend" to become colorful as he flips his hands through the mudras.

Supernal Vision
    He opens his eyes, and attempts to scrutinize the doily.

Scrutinize doily, assuming it means anything

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Unfortunately, it's exactly what it appears to be: a rather mundane, if complex, sketch with a pen.

Jordan sat quietly as Jack concentrated. In a few moments, he asked:

"Anything strike you?"

PRE

Jack sighs in dissatisfaction at the doily. "Nawp. Mundane drawings... Maybe we can do some research later or something? Otherwise, let's go over to my and Theo's computers, shall we?"

Jack finishes off the first can of pop, tosses it in a recycling bin, and grabs another from his fridge before heading back to his room.

As he sits down, he pops his can open while asking, "Do you guys wanna take a look through Theo's computer, see if anything pops out at you before we run the 'random' program? Or should we just do the random searches?"

*sip*

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread