A Shadow and A Daeva

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She looked into Richards eyes as he spoke, interested sparked in hers, “Did they? I can honestly say I had no heard that before, how fascinating!” she wasn’t old enough to know if it was in fact just rumor, or something more. “It would be intriguing to be able to see some of the pieces, be it canvas or sculpture, the way it looked the day it was finished. To see what time has stripped away from it, and see it the way the artist intended.” Though she imagined any Elder who knew might have gone mad by now. “Seems my knowledge on sculpture is not exactly up to par, but now I am interested and want to change that.” Another subject for her to look into, seemed a trip to the used book store was in order.

“An all-black sculpture, that must be magnificent! If you don’t mind me asking, what type of medium is used?” she knew close to nothing about stone or what type would be used to sculpt with, so her interest was genuine.

At the mention of his models being nude, an eye brow is raised and an amused smile appears on her lips. She wasn’t a prude by any stretch and understood and respected the body in its form as art. “Sounds like you have a true passion for your art.” She compliments. "Sounds like an honest depiction of someone. But to have someone agree to pose nude means you must spark trust with them." But something he said had her curious, “Though tell me, do you think we all have a façade we use?”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

To begin with Richard addresses her question about sculpting itself, "Well there are few different materials you could use if you wanted to go all black but usually I would go with marble but like I said there are plenty of different materials that have different properties when sculpting. It mostly depends on how large of a scale your trying to go for and how much detail you're looking for. You don't want to work with something so fragile that it crumbles when working on large pieces, but likewise you don't want to use something to rigid that requires a lot of pressure to carve as it makes it much easier to over shoot it and end up banging the nose off of some pretty young ladies birthday present." Richard was starting to think that maybe he was interesting her more than the actual painting, which could explain why someone who wasn't an artist herself was so eager to visit an art gallery. When she poses her next question it causes Richard to stop walking while he gathers his thoughts for a response. "Of course we do, it's within our nature. We all put forth the image that we want viewed even if we don't do so consciously. That sounds like some artsy bullshit I know."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She eagerly listens as they move from piece to piece, slowly making their way to the outside gallery. It was out here she was excited to see, anxious to hear Richards thoughts and opinions.

Everything he said made perfect sense, “I had heard before that different stones offer a variety of hardness. It’d be interesting to see you at work.” She said honestly. How artist work was fascinating, how a painters face got serious as they studied a subject and canvas. “Though I hope you haven’t banged the nose off a pretty ladies present.” Wink. "But what has me curious, what got you into sculpting?"

She looks at him thoughtfully, “I can see that. I’m sure others have preconceived ideas of how I am outside of work and society. And it is fun to see the surprise on their faces. And no,” she says with a shake of her head, “It doesn’t sound like artsy bullshit. We all wear a mask, I was just curious to hear your opinions on it. Do you wear a mask Mr Black?” she asked, looking deep into his eyes. “And I wonder, what mask do you think I wear?” she asked, curious.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Richard waits to hear all of what Daniella has to say before answering, from what he could tell she seemed to be one of the more lively kindred he had met since coming to Sac City. As he listened he noticed that their path had lead them to the outdoors portion of the exhibit where the sculptures were being showcased. "Well no, I've never ruined anyone's present. Awhile back I had kinda decided to stop selling or giving away my sculptures." he glances back at her and smirks at the thoughtful look she gave him, "Sure I do, I am no exception. Though I can't say that I have any assumptions about who you are behind the mask, I tend not jump to such conclusions with new people. For example we have our lovely evening commencing and I couldn't be more pleased to be here." Richard shrugs his shoulders while gazing off ahead, "But why am I here? In our brief encounters did I say or do something to make you want to see me again? Or was I just the only artist free tonight. " Richard playfully waves his finger in the air, "Ahh see, you start thinking about shit like that, wondering whats behind the mask, you ruin the moment. So thats how I live, in the moment. Thats why I sculpt, to capture the moment. It all comes full circle like that"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She was impressed by his answer, “That is actually a refreshing answer! It seems these days people are quick to judge someone before they get to know them. A shame really, at least in my opinion.” She replies.

Her smile widens, reaching her eyes, which sparkled, “I am also pleased to be here. You have proven to be quite wonderful company! Now as to your question,” she says with a pause and a grin, “I would be lying if the artistic part of me wasn’t curious to hear more about your work.” She says, “But I was impressed with your honesty the first time we met, you weren’t bashful. I’ve noticed others tend to be more reserved around me, not speaking their mind, or sugar coating things. Not to mention there just seemed to be something about you that caught my interest.” She says with a slight shrug, resting her free hand on his forearm.

“Ah, living in the moment! I completely agree. By wondering what someone might be hiding, you miss the chance to let them shine. Sometimes they are not hiding anything, and you’ve ruined a moment in time you cannot take back.”

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

It's been over 48 hours + month old

They have a lovely walk and talk and then go their separate ways...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread