Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Chapter Two

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

This Scene is by invitation only -- Currently, David Regan and Hildegarde Bingen . It will be a hodge-podge of Covenant and possibly Skeleton Keys, so it's in TDM & Stickied.

The address provided by the scruffy Hound of South Sacramento might surprise either of the invited -- that it is an actual building, rather than a kennel, copse of trees, or mound of dirt.

The large house stands dark, aside from a sole flickering light within. Even lit only by moonlight, it's easy to see that vegetation runs rampant -- signs of disrepair and neglect are everywhere. Still, these are mostly cosmetic. The walls stand tall and strong. The roof will still shelter any within. It may be forgotten, but it has good bones.

As it should. In years past and mostly forgotten, this was the seat of the Dragons of Sacramento.

Here, Sworn gathered.

Once, a Prince was raised.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Matamune, Yumyumcrow, Brownlee liked this post
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

A lone figure makes its way towards the bulk of the house, carefully stepping over and around the riotous vegetation and crumbling decrepitude in her freshly polished, low, boots. Tonight, Hildegarde wares jeans and a hooded jumper (not something she would have purchased but on this occasion she is willing to follow Iago's advice).

The Lord makes little pretence of hiding, either because the idea has slipped her mind or because she is too curious about the location in general. There is a certain thrill to being invited to another's House - and for the moment she most certainly believes this to be Dog's haven - so she is taking the time to... appreciate the building as much as possible on her approach.

Every now and then, she stops and stiffens as her limbs scream to lock into place. The pull of that unspoken (and embarrassing) urge is lessening. Hildegarde is slowly mastering her body.

Only once does she turn to look furtively over her shoulder. Yes, the Spanish Lady is moving in the shadows: petticoats rustling, a hooded cloak with veil obscuring her face. Hildegarde can see her. Hildegarde knows she is being watched. As always.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

C
    Casitive

Riding over the weeds that are currently winning a war against the cement pathway, David takes in the large house. The quick rhythm of his bike's metrical ticks both heralds David's arrival and is left in his wake. A quick hop and David sets the bike against a palm-tree so overgrown, that it seems to slouch with the despair the Shadow secretly nurses.

A week ago, David made a statement in Court. It lingered behind another statement, a vow to fix an issue that has been left unattended for too long. A statement saying, David is unhappy with the stagnation that has choked the momentum out of the Ordo Dracul. Before, months ago, David would have kept this statement to himself. Now, even occluded as the statement was, David made it. It is one of the changes Aοleen, and the way she died, left in him. In a way, David feels himself becoming more and more like Johan: a dour Mortician who rarely smiles and is a subtle jab at the Sanctified across the River. Or, maybe, it is the growing conviction of a Man elevated by tragedy.

The question is: Is David resourceful enough to see it through?

Noticing Hildegarde, his Companion screeches for him to remove her from the equation. Its voice of a thousand hungry birds all bay for her to be destroyed beneath David's fingers. To protect them, at least politically. The Order is the Mekhet's anchor, philosophically and even spiritually and his loyalty to it is unwavering – his Companion preys on this and suggests that Hildegarde will ruin it. But David knows that not all changes are simple and not all changes are painless and this Change is required for the Sacramento Dragons. David inhales, steadying his nerve and forcing silence upon the gaggle of hungry mouths in his blood.

“Scribe Bingen,” David greets formally, if stiffly, as he steps out from the shadows towards a door, knocking.

Presence ••
    Blood Potency ••••
    Domain Status •• (Respected)
    Gangrel Status •• (Respected)
    Dog

PRE

The handle turns, and the door opens.

Dog's concession to the meeting is a pair of worn jeans. The rest of his squat, powerful frame is bare save the generous growth of body hair to which bits of grass cling here and there. Lips curl back slightly, revealing teeth as he studies the pair.

It's not Court. He doesn't have to make that concession. He let the rage within run it's course, exposing it, reveling in it. It could also be an intimidation tactic -- or fair warning.

"Bingen. Regan."

The words are harsh, but only in the sense that all of the sounds that come from him have that edge. His head leans out slightly, eyes moving around the expanse around the house.

Anticipation hung in the air, demanding words.

"Well. Get'cher asses in here."

He doesn't bother closing the door. Inside, the house reveals it's state. Musty odors hang thick in the air: dust, mildew, earthen scents. The light comes from a decades old Coleman lantern, with a pair of lit mantles pulsing. Leaves rustle across the floor. There is no furniture; nothing of note, save a pile of clothing in a corner.

"...And tell me why yer here."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Scribe Regan," Hildegarde replied formally. Given the shape of her mouth she was about to say something more, but at that point the door opened and the full force of Dog hit the Lord square in the face.

All the work on resisting her urge to pose melted away as she took two mincing steps backwards and froze in place. Limbs quivering (bizarrely, mirroring the shiver running through her Beast as its long fingers drummed fearfully on the inside of her skull).

"... Hound Dog..." she managed to mumble in a desperate attempt to maintain civility in face of the Beast. Hildegarde all but scurried inside before she regained her sense of self and poise. Her arm shivered again, so she clasped her hands together in front of her - a deferential pose and one that kept her errant limb under control.

"As to why I am here?" Hildegarde began, speaking rhetorically while she scanned the total desolation. "When you attended the funeral of our dear friend, Aileen... a valued member of the Order... you implied that there was something wrong. Something had not been done. Or a wrong left unpunished. I was hoping to learn more of this secret that Martha and some of the others seemed to be aware of and which I do not."

At last she managed to face Dog directly. "I was under the impression our Order was secure, stable and of one mind. You imply that it is not."

C
    Casitive

David expects Dog. Expectation turns to anticipation. None of it prepares David for Dog. Or rather, the beast that snarls and stares down David's Companion with so much rage, hate, and challenge. The Companion wants to run, to forget the whole thing and to get out from beneath the withering, feral gaze of the Hound of South Sacramento.

Briefly, David visibly freezes.

Again, the Companion is smothered into silence and David moves, allowing Hildegarde to enter first, closing the door behind him. David is still looking at the door's handle when he answers, surprisingly tersely, Dog's question, “The Kogaion.”

No preamble, no build up prefaces David's statement. Only a glance towards Hildegarde is spared. “Dog does not need to imply,” the Shadow reminds, “Traveled Azure Adept Alzaire DraMorris stated that the Order is not of one mind during the Spring Forum. He noted that there are two Chapters within the Academy of Sacramento.”

A discovery made by accident rather than any guile.

David's attention shifts back to Dog as though saying, Dog's Chapter. Which means that Dog is a member of the Sworn. “It's unacceptable that it has been years since you asked for help with the Kogaion. I was unaware that the Academy ever had one. Now that I know, I'd like to know how I can help.”

Presence ••
    Blood Potency ••••
    Dog

PRE

"I may have telled that slant-wise."

Dog moved closer in to the dark room, making a circuit before drifting into a corner. He squatted, as men had done for eons, cold dead fluid in his knees popping as he settled. Hairy, this forearms rested on his knees, hands hanging.

"It's been one moon shy of twenty since I went to that house."

A hand jerked, waving around them.

"This is the Chapter House. Sutterville's Dragons were led by three, since before Straiphen. Rashnu. Karsh. Shadow. Muir is our Kogaion." Golden eyes bored into the marionette. "From the Rampant Dragon Karsh's own mouth when I took the Crimson."

He paused to let that settle in -- not that he was Sworn, but there was a lot of shit they probably didn't know.

"Muir got hisself Torped, then Rose, then went to check on the Brood after Vash got herself ashed.
    'Cept this time, Karsh and Veritas gave him a, fuck, I don't know. This big iron key, magic-like, to keep tabs on him." He exhaled, and shook his head. "Then Bethem ashed half the city, so I started keeping tabs. Well, Muir fucking vanished. Then I found him. You with me?"

The scruffy man paused to fish a crumpled pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of a pocket. Eyes slid over to David, settling on him.

"I guess I never like to thought this were a second Chapter. Just me and then there the rest of you lot, too busy to give a shit. But I ken this is where you both decide if yer with me or them, and if it's them, get the fuck out."

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde blinked. Once. A frown creased her mask-like face as she followed the Crimson's speech.

"If you are of the Crimson..." With a deliberate movement, the Lord curtsied as best she could. "Then it is our duty to render assistance. I do not know what assistance I can offer, but you shall have it all the same. That is all."

She straightened.

"So. What do you require of me?"

C
    Casitive

David's manner is steady and deliberate as he listens to the Axe go over a history that was hidden, deliberately or not, from the Shadow. Perhaps, David reasons, he never asked the right questions. However, it is difficult to ask the right questions when those who know never tip their hand.

The house itself is regarded in a new light, despite the grime and neglect that has fallen on it.

Many of the names Dog mentions are simply that, only Straiphen is more than a simple concept; a former Prince and Tyrant connected, in some way, to the Lady of Cedar Fields.

“The rest know but I don't think they understand.” The difference, to David, is far more than simply semantic. If the invitation wasn't extended, the Libitinarius might have declared himself Unchained. At least this won't cause as much of a ripple as that. “I am with you,” David states simply, a decision rendered at the funeral – the effort wouldn't have been made in the first, otherwise.

Standing firm, David asks a similar question to Hildegarde, “What would you have me do?”

Presence ••
    Blood Potency ••••
    Dog

PRE

"It's not your duty."

The head tilted, looking at David for a moment before Hildegarde.

"Don't ever do something because I said it and I'm Sworn. Ever. Not my way of goin' about things."

Didn't preclude doing something because he said and he would beat a body into Torpor if they didn't. Not Dragons. Them, he just ignored.

"But know this, girl. I am Crimson. If yer here to listen an then go tell tales that put a body at risk -- I'll bury you. Nice like, perfectly safe. So we're square on that. Now." Attention swung back to the Shadow. "The first thing you can do? I figger I'd like to be told what the fuck's been goin' on for twenty moons in that house."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread