Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Crocodile Tears) Baldwin to Thorne

THREADID
    P
    Peter Baldwin

It was time to see if Mister Thorne truly wished to be useful.

Ring. Ring.

W
    Walker

Harold was reclining back on his chaise longue, resting after a rather heavy meal. He sighed as the ringing of the phone pierced the peaceful silence. If only to banish the hateful ringing he picked up the phone. "Harold Thorne. Speaking?"

C
    Cross

"Its B. I am handling an extremely sensitive matter, and I wonder if you would like to earn some... very positive recognition by contributing to its success."

Thorne didn't need his full name. Baldwin's number was distinct among the Invictus.

W
    Walker

Baldwin's voice was like getting a groinful of icewater, banishing the soft haze he had been enjoying and kickstarting the cold, clicking engine of calculation that lay under all the sweet suet of indulgence. "What do you need?" He said, though he was fairly sure what the answer was going to be.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin smiled, glad to see Harold Thorne knew the score. The deal had been five thousand, but preparation, preparation, preparation.

"Six thousand dollars in hundreds, if you have it available. It is to ensure the smooth running of the operation for our mutual boss, you understand. I'll see to it that next time people ask about you, you're credited appropriately, of course."

Money was nothing to some Kindred, but reputation? That was everything.

W
    Walker

It seemed that Lord Baldwin had a rather good understanding of what Harold valued, the price he would pay for the appreciation of a superior vastly outweighed the cost in mere money it would require. "Consider it done. Could I have your location, my manservant will need to know where to drop off the money." He pulled the bellcord that would summon Matthew; he was going to have a busy night.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Yes. I am at [ADDRESS]. The Ridge Motel. I will meet him in the parking lot. Good evening, Mister Thorne. Your assistance is appreciated."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.