Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Insults for Charity

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    T

He appreciated the applause and even the call from Asp. Wait. Aren't they strippers or something? Ok.

"Glad you're enjoyin' yourself." Striker replied to Faye "I don't really know what's it's gonna be like, but it should be a laugh anyway."

At the offer of a beer he nodded agreement "Yeah a beer'd be great. Cheers."

He watched amused as the gorgeous drunk girl took the stage, she looked vaguely familiar though he couldn't place where he'd seen her before.

A
    Asp

Asp shot Star a mocking look like 'ha ha so funny' at the sugar daddy comment, then replied, "Sexual harassment," in a whisper. "I'll tell you all about it later, but suffice it to say I wasn't impressed."

She thought herself a pretty easygoing chick. Asp didn't go around threatening to sack brothers all the time.

A mega hottie went up for the Red Cross. Good cause! Asp chirped, "YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DRUNK!"

Why not?

She leaned back over to Star and muttered, "You see who Striker's here with?" She grinned. So cute.

Brownlee - is that a Retainer of yours?

OOC: Six Total Entrants. Two Entrants get 1st-Round Bye (High Roll). This helps with the 8-4-2-1 Tournament structure. Rolled in order of introductory post.

1st Round Byes: Ermac and Falstaff
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 05:10:39 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Ermac) (10 Again) 7 failure
    2014-10-14 05:10:16 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Falstaff) (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-10-14 05:09:53 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Allison Black) (10 Again) 3 failure
    2014-10-14 05:09:25 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Stryker) (10 Again) 6 failure
    2014-10-14 05:09:01 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Star) (10 Again) 2 failure
    2014-10-14 05:08:20 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Josephine) (10 Again) 2 failure

We'll assume that Byes won 1st-Round Matches against NPCs. Feel free to narrate however. Falstaff will trade his Bye out if some thinks the structure is unfair, prefers to have a Bye, or foresees losing posting availability. Next, I rolled 1st Round Pairings. Two high numbers paired. Two low numbers paired.

1st Round Pairings
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 05:12:52 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Match (Allison Black) (10 Again) 6 failure
    2014-10-14 05:12:15 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Match (Stryker) (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-10-14 05:11:38 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Bye? (Star) (10 Again) 7 failure
    2014-10-14 05:11:22 Brownlee rolls 1 to 1st Round Match (Josephine) (10 Again) 4 failure

One roll mislabeled. Same die number. 1st Round Pairings are Josephine vs. Allison and Star vs. Stryker. Will post Threads presently. Have fun!

4. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Abigene claims the stage. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen--without further ado, let's have a big round of applause for our first two contestants!"

She motions for Josephine and Allison Black to approach the stage.

When the clapping settles she officiates. "In the left corner, wearing a black jacket with gold clasps--over-priced and designer, no doubt--representing The Horizon College Scholarship Foundation: the stoic, the eloquent Englishwoman with the Thesaurus always at hand--give it up for--Ms. Josephine Sterling!"

Applause.

"And in the right corner, wearing the tiny-white T-shirt which may or may not remain on for this evening's festivities--representing The American Red Cross Association: she's drunk, she's spunky, there's Greek letters on her boobs--let's hear it for--Ms. Allison Black!"

Applause.

Abigene stands between them, signals for them to shake hands. "Ladies . . . there's a lot of good looking on stage. And you too don't look too bad either. Let's show these rich fucks a good time and part them from their 401k-s. Unleash your inner bitch--it's for a good cause."

OOC: Make introductory taunts, challenges, intimidation--whatever. (Likes on introduction do not count towards your total post score.) Roll initiative: WITS + COMP + Initiative. Thread goes 3 posts each after the introduction. Whoever has the most 'Likes' across their 3 posts advances to the next round. (You cannot 'Like' your own posts.)

@%1; Allison Black Cayce Whisper

Abigene walks through the audience taking Star and Striker's hands in turn, and leads them up to the stage together. Once there, she puts an arm around each of them and smiles. "I swear, you could drown a toddler in my panties right now."

"Under my right arm, with the moppy hair and squeeky sneakers--representing Open Heart Magic: the wrinkles in his pants don't stop me from wanting to get inside of them--Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack stop by my apartment later with some candlesticks . . . put your hands together for Jack!"

Applause.

"And under my left arm, with the chiseled features and manly physique--representing the Sacro Independent Animal Rescuers--a one-armed bad boy with neck tats, wearing blues jeans and boots I'd like to see under my bed--make some noise for--Bruce!"

Applause.

She stands between them, signals for them to shake hands. "Just so you know, I'm going to fantasize that you two are fighting over me. And, for the record, you don't have to fight--plenty of me for the both of you. But maybe you should, since that's what the good folks here came to see. So let your words fly. Make their pens glide across those checkbooks. It's time to whip em out, literally if you like, and let the audience measure."

OOC: Make introductory taunts, challenges, intimidation--whatever. (Likes on introduction do not count towards your total post score.) Roll initiative: WITS + COMP + Initiative. Thread goes 3 posts each after the introduction. Whoever has the most 'Likes' across their 3 posts advances to the next round. (You cannot 'Like' your own posts.)

On seeing Eric's bright red flush, Abigene slaps Remi. The difference in size almost knocks him over. "Are you picking on this poor sweet sexy man, Remi? Save that shit for the stage." She seizes Remi by the ear and bids Eric to follow her. "Come with me, Honey Lips. We'll get your information squared away, maybe have a few words with this one too."

Ermac, looks like you pulled a bye for the first round. You can narrate some part of your victory against an NPC in this thread if you like. Plenty of time too to get your name and organization settled with Abigene before Round 2.

Cross: Nope. She's up for grabs--pun intended--if you're interested.

@%1; Cross

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He shifted in his seat. Because pants.

Thoughts were already churning, over how many Awakened there were, and potential insults. Then... 'Drunk'. Seriously? Mind. Blown. Sure, Faye was hot, but this chick... he didn't think people like that were real. Photoshop. Scripts.

Was he trying to stare through her shirt? No. Just... deciphering Greek. Tabula Rasa, yo. Besides, hard enough difficult to take his off that face.

"Uh. What?"

Asp had been talking. A small flush crept up his neck, but fortunately he was saved.

Star bounces over to here...
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A well timed Shoe Tie ensured Abigene's arm only found air when she tried to Boa Constrictor him. There was a pretty short list of people he wanted to touch him, okay, not that short, but she definitely was not on it. Nobody needed cloying perfume stuck to them. Or someone else's sweat. Gross.

Chuckles were tossed as she Did Her Thing. No friends? Emcees don't count.

He should have invited Nous. Seriously. Could he have pulled an unluckier match? The guy missing an arm, with Faye. If he played his cards right, he could be That Guy in the Consilium for the rest of his Sacramento stay.

Then again? Striker was pretty easy to wind up.

He'd just have to play Frisbee with him again to hug it out.

"Ummmm. Thanks. For the, uh, warm welcome."

Don't insult the emcee. Warm up? Nope. Given the lack of material he had for Striker, meaning none, wasting it would be A Bad Thing.

13 Initiative
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 07:00:24 Star rolls 1 die for initiative 8
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Wod.Infant, Teeramus, Brownlee liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye gets up from the table and orders a pitcher of beer for the table.

As she returns, she sees Striker take the stage and as she sets the pitcher and glasses down, she gives him a thumbs up and grin.

She pours herself a glass and settles in to watch to fun. Striker against Star, this should be interesting she thinks with a smile.

T

Whisked away before he'd had a chance to get a single beer into him. Facing off against Star, or Jack tonight. How often does this bloke change his name? This could become a bad habit. See Faye, face off against Star... He didn't know what came next. Have a superior pissed off at him? Asp was here. Bugger.

While the lady was holding him awkwardly close he thought he saw Faye give him the thumbs up through the glare of the stage lights. He gave her a smile and nod in return, it was a good night so far.

"Thanks lady. But if my boots were under your bed, what would I wear in the morning?" he quipped. Getting into the feel of things. Insulting people while sober. This would be interesting.

10 Initiative
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 13:23:52 Striker rolls 1 die for initiative 5
    Star is up.

14. Likes Matamune, Wod.Infant, Brownlee liked this post
Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread