Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Book Swap

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan had built an erratic collection of books over the last year. From self-help to mythology to roleplaying games she'd put an odd collection in her small apartment.. She'd been collecting them for two reasons: self improvement or research. As she'd made a major mistake about the nature of Fair Weather, a lot of Morgan's research books were...well, useless to her. Especially the fantasy game books.

Having a bushel of books, the raccoon had been uncertain what to do with them until she'd heard about the book swap. That had potential for her to find something useful and get rid of a lot of stuff she no longer needed. Hence why she had a paper grocery bag of books. She'd thrown in the game books, some self help, three occult works, and a pair of books with post-its on them that read "Surprise." The surprise was that the books were home-made pocket books.

The Beast figured: sparkle-boy story sucked so nobody would complain about it being recycled. Thought there didn't seem to be a large crowd here yet. She did trade a confidence book for a book on wizard-ing (Harry Potter) but that was it thus far. Walking on, she encountered a couple of people discussing books and getting chummy.

Mayhaps they were courting each other? She'd hang back a little before interrupting their discussion on cuttle-pish, trees, or whatever.

-1 Glamour Harden the Mask. Mien not visible.

2. Likes Chrisie liked this post
    Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

All going as planned. Well, maybe - Pepper certainly noticed the care he was giving the books and was impressed there. She had hope to give the books to someone who wouldn't care, but hey, he seemed to be enjoying how out there the books were. "Yeah, it's A Thing. Maybe not quite the thing is seems to be - it starts off that way then just gets weird as fuck. Very weird." She shrugged and shook her head.

She never had figured out what was going on in that one. Then she spotted the girl with the paper bag and waved cheerfully. "Hello. How are you doing today?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't sure what the mundanes were talking about. Yet, she didn't doubt that the book couldn't be as weird as the Wyrd. Twas really hard for anything mundane to compete with the strangeness of fae. And if it did, well, the raccoon's brain would probably break from it so no thanks best of luck to the other mundane.

And her plans to hang back and wait were cancelled as the woman waved hello to her. Morgan weakly smiled and gave a nervous little wave in return with her free hand. It'd be rude to not come over now probably, right? So she stepped forward, "F-ff-fine how are y-you d-doing? Um..." looking at the table she could only think of one thing to say, "That'ssss a-lot-o-books."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel smiled at Pepper and set the book aside. "I'll take it. I know someone who'd be amused and horrified by that book. I'd like to see their reaction." When he was done he turned and offered a slightly more nervous smile to the new person. "Ah, ehm, hello."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper laughed, "Best reason to grab it. No need to leave anything else there, but feel free to keep looking."

She turned then, to the stuttering girl and nodded. "Yeah, I'm a book editor, and I sometimes write book reviews on one of my blogs, so I wind up with way more than can fit in my place. I'm having a pretty good time with trying to get rid of some of them. Would you happen to be looking for anything in particular?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gave quiet, nervous laugh as Samuel greeted her. His own nervousness did help alleviate hers a little. Misery loves company and all that. She gave a small smile and nodded her head in greeting, "Heh-heh-hello, ssssory to-to interupt you-you shop-bartering. T-t-t-attempt same I am doing. I-I can w-wait if it be bother."

She was a little confused by this blog thing. That couldn't be a magazine or printed stuff, so it had to be one of those internet things. Morgan might not be a genius by she could handle deduction, thank you very much. "Um, s-s-sorry w-was looking to do-do same, heh. Interruption my intent it was not. H-had some things to di-pass-along that I don't need anymore...and I didn't really need the gamey-ones at all. Oh, p-p-plus a couple funny-fun-recycle surprises, heh." Well, she hoped the pocket books would make a fun surprise.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel gave the woman a toothy grin. He picked up his box off of the ground and dropped it on Pepper's table, nodding at both women. "Feel free to poke around in there. I think I have not-awful books in there. I know I have a couple pretty decent ones too."

He gives a grin and turns back to Morgan, absentmindedly putting his new book in his pocket and running a finger over the top. He uses the other hand to point at Morgan's bag, still giving no indication he was aware of what the hand playing with the book was doing. "Do you mind if I take a look? I'm sure you have quite a few things I'd enjoy."
    Aspect of the Predator

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper chuckled, and glanced in at Samuel's three books, curious about what he had. She was reading the backs of them when Morgan implied she had game books, which instantly drew the the Mage's attention.

"Game books? What games do you have?" Wow, way to be a dork, Pepper.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Oh-eh-heh, no problemo s-sir, heh. Yoz c-can lookie-loo just as much as w-want at the books, it be swap-book-meet anyhows, r-right?" Morgan nodded her head rapidly as she replied to Samuel's request, setting the book bag down as she did so. She motioned "go ahead" with her hand and then turned her attention as Pepper spoke.

And Pepper wanted to know abou the game books? Morgan tilted her head in thought. Then just shrugged, "Heh-heh, kinda forgot. L-l-lets check what they is," she took out four books for tabletop games: Pathfinder Bestiary, Call of Cthulhu, Urban Arcana, and something called MAID which had a picture of three maids on the cover. One maid had bat wings, another had some kind of robot ears, and the last looked normal. Morgan stared in utter confusion at the last one she pulled out.

Why did she buy a game book about cleaning houses?

She tilted her head as she stared at it. The others at least had entries about monsters made of elements and such. But...maids?! Maybe it had been a buy-one-get-one-free thing or something. She actually vocallized her confusion: "Uuuuh...I h-h-have noooo clue where t-t-this one came from...at all!"

Well, at least the Call of Cthulhu kept on topic with the earlier debate about romance and cuttlefish.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel sweeps forward immediately, reaching for the bag. The lack of knowledge of what was in there drove him, his not-quite-a-hoarder's instincts pushing him to acquire new things he didn't already have. He spent a moment digging through the bag, noting and removing all of the pocket books for further perusal, until he saw her holding the MAID book in her hands. He immediately stood, realizing at first how ridiculous he must have looked, adjusted his suit to bring himself back some dignity, and pointed at the large rulebook.

"I, uh, don't think I have that one. Mind if I take a look at it?"
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread