Ended
Watch

Pipeworks: Hanging Around

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Roll with landing, eh ? That might explain some of the strange fall cases he had seen in the ER, perhaps. "Rolling..." the Acanthus said, looking down and contemplating trying. "Eek..." was his first instinctive reaction, though.

When he noticed Morgan seemed uneasy about the mountain, he guessed it must some case of agoraphobia, with a special emphasis on urban adaptation. Well, who was he to judge another's disorders anyway.

"Parkour can be quicker than a car ? Then you must really give me those pointers ! Especially if you're living off of it, I can't go wrong by listening to them !" he exclaimed, once again stunned by her moves. He nearly said something along the lines of 'You foot-glu is strong', but refrained lest he'd sound even sillier than usual.

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

She smiled and nodded her head quickly...then slowed the nodding down, "Iiiiiit can be quicker. Really depends on where you wanna go. Parkour is all about taking shortcuts when you get right down to it. Fences, alleys, rooftops, dumpsters are all parts of the path instead of a block. Back streets or rush hour then yeah, parkour is faster." And she was definitely making money off of it. It helped to have a variety of clients and to not ask questions, regardless of how dumb some of the clients acted.

As for pointers, yeah Morgan could give him a few. She was getting a little bored though and started pushing off one handed before catching herself and pulling back to the wall. She did this constantly as she talked, "Weeell there are some things that'd help for starters. One is: parkour isn't just being Spider-dude," she tried to affect a lecturing air, but really she just couldn't pull it off. The Changeling shrugged and let go of the attempt, "Its like I said: shortcuts. Alleyways, back streets, fence hopping, climbing, rooftop hopping, using trash cans as spring boards, all of that is part of it. You gotta figure out how to flow with the city, use it to move instead of thinking its blocking you."

And the Beast could see it. Part of it came from her instincts gained in Arcadia, where not finding a path meant she was a cornered meal. But it was honed by her fellow traceurs' instruction. They were a lot better at explaining this than she was. Morgan sent Miach a worried look, "I'm not really explaining this too good am I?" Or maybe he found it harder to concentrate hanging off a wall?

Morgan couldn't understand why. She always felt it was easier to talk up high.

Miach

PRE

Shortcuts... The City is not an obstacle... Miach tried to picture it, and relate it with what few videos he had seen. In them, the men had seemed to really enjoy what they were doing, and if the trick was becoming more attuned with one's environment, the Acanthus could see why. The sensations must be really great, too.

Morgan seemed worried when he spaced out for a split second, and he quickly focused back on her. "You are explaining well. It's just that I'm trying to picture myself doing it. I think I would like it, bruises notwithstanding, that is."

Once again she was fidgeting with the holds, and the Acanthus looked down with a professional's eye, wondering what bone she was most likely to break, and how he would patch her should she fall. Better not to tell her that, though.

"And you're doing the same thing on this wall, or is it just part of the mandatory training regimen before you could start Flowing ?" he asked with interest.

5. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan laughed at Miach misgivings on his chances. There was something the guy who taught her in Chicago liked to say: "Hey, even chimps-wait, no wrong.[C" still "bouncing" off the wall, she tilts her head in contemplation. "Monkeys?"

Morgan smiles and nods to herself, "Yeah. Even monkeys fall from trees, heh. Experience makes up for it eventually, soooo you make the falls soft-er." She wasn't sure what he meant about the other part. Thing she was doing on the wall?

Was she actually doing anything? It took a moment and one could practically see the lightbulb going off as she did. Morgan also stopped her fidgetting, "Heh-heh, sorry didn't notice I was doing that. I find it a good stress relief. And climbing isn't really the start for traceurs..." she blinked. Morgan cleared her throat and chuckled, "Sorry, that is the word for parkour, uh...not players. Ahteletes? Something like that. Usually you start street level and work your way up, literally. Eeeeh, course," she points her free hand's index finger up then makes a swirling motion, "falls ain't the only problem. Some folks or dogs don't like tresspassing..." she glowered and actually growled, "haaate dobermans."

"Oh, rude I am kinda being. What about you? The doctor-ing stuff gotta be really nice, right? Healing folks and saving lives and stuff? I can't do that, and its moer awesome too. Uh, assuming you're a helping people doctor and not some other kinda doctor."

Miach

PRE

Having seen firsthand monkeys fall during his stay in Africa, Miach laughed once again good-humouredly at the mental picture. Focusing back on Morgan after a short burst, his smile didn't leave his face. Experience, eh ? It was often like that, so perhaps Parkour was no different. Fall, learn, stand up and try again.

When the hyper-active woman paused for a short while to explain more about her discipline, that nearly made him burst into laughing again. Dobermans, eh ? A Life-mage should be able to deal with it.

And then the talk shifted back to him. "I'm definitly a helping people doctor." the Acanthus said affirmatingly. "It is a feeling like no other, really, to watch someone that you literally saved, enjoy life again. Playing baseball, eating a good meal, having fun with friends... and it's all thanks to you." Yep, truely it was. "I hope I don't sound too selfish, saying it like that..."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Well, at least she got the monkey thing right. Or she got it wrong and it was funny. Morgan just smiled and shrugged. Shame she couldn't talk this well on the ground. And hey, this was a life-saving doctor dude. Not one of the not-a-doctor-doctor or something else weird.

Yup, he did save lives...unlike her. A melancholy started to take over. Her smile faltered as she mumbled something "...better then...ngle..." If not for the proximity, Miach would not have heard even that little bit. Morgan shook her head and put on a smile. It was not something he'd be able to understand. She shouldn't hold it against him. Morgan was as likely to save someone on an operating table as this doctor was to survive in the Jungle.

"No, not at all. Tis good to take pride in saving a life, heh. Sacramento is lucky to have good doctors like you...you know, assuming you are a doctor here and not visiting on vacation. If that, then wherever you're from is lucky to have you. Thoooough," Morgan tilted her head a look of confusion creeping upon her face. She also managed to look a lot like a curious raccoon, "I don't think parkour will be too applicable inside a hospital....uh," Were there kind of doctors that would use it? She remembered seeing a comic at a book store, "unless you are like that ninja-doctor that jumps from heli-copters flown by gorillas or something like that."

9. Likes Bigpaw liked this post

Miach

PRE

That time, it was more than Miach could take, and he burst out into a loud laugh, and had to release on of his grasp on a grip to hold on to his belly. He coughed twice, and nearly tumbled down, but finally managed to calm himself down enough to attemtp a reply.

"You... you... want... me to try that falling trick at once, don't you ?" and the tall Acanthus tried to catch his breath. Dismissing the words he had barely heard, he instead answered the Beast with a huge smile.

"I work in Sacramento alright. And you're right that Parkour won't help in the hospital. But still... who knows..." he remembered a time when it could have been a useful tool to gain time...

"Nah... joking aside, I'm doing it to feel well. The better I feel, the more motivated I am to save others so they can feel the same, really ! Vibrant, alive, pleasure !" it all added up.

11. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Whoa, careful, " she shot a hand out but fortunately he didn't need it, "and no you shouldn't practice falling. That harness line really does--erk, uh heh-heh, would! It would likely get in the way with the landing roll." He probably didn't notice the verbal slip, right? Right, good.

Wow, that speech made her blink. It sounded a lot like something the Spring wasp would say. Her eyes darted around him to his shadow, which looked mundane enough to her. The idea of the two of them meeting however brought a thoughtful look to her face. And a strange mental image too. Introduce doctor in scrubs to wasp lady with her sword and sword lady hat. Outcome A: friendship and rainbows! Outcome B: Malory asks for popcorn and beer to watch the battle between scalpel ninja doctor and the waspy swords woman...A seems more likely, she nodded to herself at that. And it probably looked really weird her zoning out.

"Heh-heh, sorry about zoning like that," she smiled and wave her hands in the apologetically. Then grabbed a hand hold before she started slipping, "You just kinda reminded me of someone I know with that positive speech you just made. Figure Coco would either get along great with you or horribly, heh. I was kinda thinking of which it'd be." Morgan felt no need to elaborate on the mental imagery.

"I can see many uses for it, especially for going places, heh-heh. But instructing, huh, hadn't thought on that too much. Might be a good idea, heh...spread the fun and such. Tis a healthier-better choice then computers." She honestly believed that, despite sometimes getting an earful from parents complaining that their kids might imitate her. And hey, Morgan always pointed out to the kids (if they were there) that they had to train before they got as good as her. Besides, outdoors was better then being upon a evil-vile-complex computers.

Miach

PRE

Miach barely raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment on the Beast's verbal slip nor her zoning out. Instead, he smiled back at her when she said he reminded her of someone.

"Well. If you think we'd get along, why don't you bring her here someday ? The more, the merrier, no ?" beside, he really needed to meet more people. It was an excellent exercise to avoid falling again in his old ways.

"As for me, I must say I can think of someone else too who is quite similar to you... but I think she's away, back to her Japan." or so I hope, the Acanthus thought with a sour taste in his mouth. He had heard of so many disappearances or death over the years.

"If your friend is like me, would she be interested in Parkour too ? You could teach us together, don't you think ?" He didn't reply to the computer part, though. Videogames could be fun too.

14. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't sure if that Fairest would be into parkour. Sure she was athletic but seemed more into competitive stuff. Though there were other Lost who'd expressed interest in learning. And now a mundane too? Did she look like a teacher or something?

The Beast didn't think so but she'd have to check a mirror later. "Heh, right I'll ask her about doing that. Not even sure if she is into climbing though," she finished with a shrug.

He met someone similar to her? Someone that jittery...wait. Jon had only spoken with off-the-ground Morgan, the calm version. Morgan laughed lightly as a thought struck her. When they got to the ground he'd have insisted upon an appointment for her if he'd been a head doctor. That seemed funny to her for some reason. She nodded her head,"Well glad that I don't remind you of someone you hate, heh. As for Coco, I'll ask her. Heh, if she says no to the parkour I might be able to lure her he with the offer of meeting a doctor. Always good to know a doctor."

And better to know a doctor as a friend. Friends will patch you up without reporting strange wounds to the cops. Always a good thing that. She perked up, "Heh, hey? Did you need any pointers right now for this wall?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread