Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dreams, Dark and Dire - Chapter 2

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Synopsis, Chapter 1:

Many of the Kindred of Sacramento, long-standing residents and newcomers alike, find themselves in a strangely sterile version of the city's familiar streets, under a dark sky lit only by a blood-red moon. Many of these vampires appear different than their usual selves: Younger, or with their features distorted or idealized, as if in a dream. Some are barely recognizable at all.

One of the Kindred present is marked with symbols associated with Belial's Brood. After a tense confrontation between this one and many of the other vampires, a formless, spectral presence that had been noted earlier by some of the more perceptive vampires briefly takes the form of several of the local Kindred destroyed by the mad elder Bethem or during the still-myserious Lost Nights. As quickly as it formed, this group of figures fades from view, and immediately afterward a chorus of spectral voices informs the gathered vampires that they have passed the first test.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Karen twitches slightly as the specters come in and out of vision. The ivy that wraps around her seems to reach for the figures, then pull back before properly touching them; even that is unsure what to think of the situation. First test...test for what? She looks to the rest of the group, waiting to see the reactions of the others before making her own move.
    Matteo Guarnaschelli, Nosferatu of the First Estate
    Base: Presence 3 (Artsy) | Blood Potency 1 | Italian Accent | Curse: Soul-Piercing Stare
    ECXXV: Blood 3/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    The Trojan Limo: Blood 5/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    A Gath????????????????????Item

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani steps back, startled that the spectre had responded to her. "Test? What test? Valencia please........"

But it was too late, the figure was gone. Ishani turns to Obsidian, grief clearly written on her face. "Why would the ghosts of kindred still be hanging around? Are they trapped or something? Is there some power that can trap the soul of a kindred, other then diablerie?"
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

First test? What sort of test? Myrah looked at the sky and the chorus of voices above her, not sure who or what they were. She looked at the other Kindred present, hoping they would have answer or at least a hint of insight to this myster.

Rosuto pops her thumb out of her mouth and smiles. "She was pretty. Why is she dead?"

She replaces the thumb and looks around at the other kindred, wondering what they were all going to do now. In the depths of her mind, a voice begins to reason out what she has seen so far.

Test......What kind of test? Is this really a dream? If this is a dream, can I affect myself or those around me?

The cold, logical mind begins to work and slowly takes over the childlike version of what Rosuto once was. With a wrenching of thought, Rosuto grows. She pulls the thumb out of her mouth and the stuffed cat disappears. Her body begins to shimmer and stretch until it has reached her full 5'2 height. Her hair grows long and flowing, like a black wave of silk down her back. Her body fills out and the small frilly dress is replaced by a shimmering dress cut simple to form to the curves of Rosuto's now adult body.

Once again, she looks around at the other kindred, her eyes now the cold windows others are used to seeing as opposed to the laughing child's innocence,
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean groans when the unknown spectres say that they've passed the FIRST test, which of course suggested there would be others.

"How much longer do we have to do this shit?" He begins to pinch himself on the arm "Wake up, damnit, wake up!"

------------------------------

Arnold had encountered ghosts before, even during his life before the Embrace. It never stopped being unsettling, especially when one was meeting spirits whom you knew in life.

After they've disappeared and his vision's cleared he looks around, perceiving the confused and thoughtful looks on the others' faces.

The First Test...

"If we're being tested then I wonder what's next."
    He says

L

Wilhelm's hands eased away from the hilts of his swords, and the man assumed a more relaxed position. "How cryptic. But it does seem to confirm that we have a purpose here. And that something intentionally brought us here."

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph walks over to the Reeve. "So..anyone know what is going on with all this?" ~What the hell did I drink from before I fell to the day sleep~

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama watches as the kindred who have fallen fade from view.

First test... This bodes well, though I care not to imagine what comes for us next...

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa began to reply to O-Yama, and then the figures began to coalesce, and he watched, astonished.

Icarus; the mute architect of House Millarr, and a true master of secrets.A giant, silent Shadow who had bade him to breach the Masquerade.

Tell me: did I truly discover your House, or was that my first test?

Paresh Williams, the reclusive, but personable Hierophant to whom he had taken mandragora.

Flame haired Veritas, who he knew only by reputation, and a brief meeting at the Lash showing.

Beautiful, foolish Marius, who had pitted his will against Lioni Dupree's over a Childe.

Tell me... did you finally get an audience with someone powerful? Or has your Final Death been as aimless and futile as your Requiem? It would surprise me not one whit if you were so egocentric to not even realize you were Finally dead.

The rank, ineffectual Prefect Asaan who's five minutes of fame came in denouncing an Invictus aspirant for the Princedom.

Valencia, the child-woman who he had met at Paresh's temple, and then recoiled from him after the tragedy of the Lost Nights with shocked, insensate eyes.

Asa watched each, reliving moments even as he watched the others' faces. He was still studying the Brood when Ishani named Valencia, and he glanced back as the voices spoke.

A test? A test of recognition? Or that we would do no harm in this place? A test we pass as a group, it seems.

It was fitting that the Grindhouse gargoyle, the Prince's Harpy and Rampant Dragon Karsh the Bloody was the final spectre. With a look or a whisper that condemned or approved, he had always been watching. Watching, and laughing, and sometimes exasperated as he and Ishani had danced around each other. Ever the impartial, who would, on one day, threaten the life of one who dared glare at a Priscus, and on another, publicly humiliate that same Priscus. Aside from Ishani, his oldest friend... or at least as close as any but the Sheriff had been, to being friends.

Does the city itself judge us?

Asa put aside the questions and memories that were stirred and catches O-Yama's eye. "Names... insignia... is there anything?" he asks quietly, so as not to disturb the other's speculations.

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread