Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (0/3)

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

Greetings all, Im a long time fan of Mage, so i'm excited to have found this place.

The character concept i'm looking at is for an Arrow Moros who eventually joins the Forge Masters Legacy. Background-wise, I was thinking he was machinist pre-awakening, and worked in a chop-shop for a local gang. Never really got invloved in the gang stuff so much, but had a love for machines and fixing things, and the gang provided the tools.

He is very focused and goals driven. Somewhat dour and lacking in humour, not that he has no sense of humour, but that he got picked on a lot as a kid and doesnt take kindly to people being made fun of.

For his Awakening, i was thinking something along the lines of the gang got raided by the police, shots were fired, people died, and the trauma triggered his Awakening. One of the Police was an Arrow and offered him training and an escape from a life of crime. He since left the city (havent thought of where) and decided to come to Sacramento (havent thought of that either). Surviving memebers of the gang might also come looking for him at some point as well.

I realise this is still a very early character concept, and im still hoping to read through a lot of site material here before i submit a character sheet, but thought id lay out my concept and say hi!

T
    Trismegistus

Sounds pretty good to me. Some things you may want to consider: the Mysterium has a strong focus on learning things the way they were (which may be what you want, if so cool), otherwise the Free Council might be worth looking into if you want to base and understanding of Magic and God off of trying to figure it out for yourself, especially with a focus in science. Secondly as Cabochard said there's the whole Seer controlled Sleeper religions thing. If you can find a good way to do that more power to you as far as I'm concerned, but that can be a tough one to work around.

At any rate I like the concept, but those are just the things that struck me reading through what you've got. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

I found this handy when it comes to considering orders as well as a mage's perspective on things. http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...-The-Only-Word

Or, what if instead of just using the traditional Tarot symbols, why not try making up your own symbols? Like, a completely personal deck for cartomancy. My favorite book series, Elemental Logic by Laurie J Marks, does this a lot and its super cool! It seems like a good way to mix up the stagnation of the constant repetition of the same symbols and same ideologies that you get with Tarot. Example is here: http://lauriejmarks.com/shaftal/maps-glyphs-art.html

5. Likes Teeramus liked this post

0 Scenes

**blink, blink**

**Steps closer.**

Gasp!

Is this....real? Do I see an opening? Oh wow.

So to start off, I'll tell you folks that I've only ever played mage once, IRL and that was a high wisdom arcanthus in a low wisdom, post apocalyptic game...the horror. My Mage was called Val (short for Valiant), but no one called her Val. She was just Looker to them and used as a future seeing scout, and the but of all of their jokes. Eventually my mage snapped and murderiszed them all, she was the only one in the group with any Fate and Time....so...while everyone else was whipping around fireballs, they all had accidents. Sorry not sorry. (That game! My god, to this day that game still irritates the hell outta me!)

Anyway!

So I've been thinking since I saw this earlier, and when I posted for Alice and Mhairi...ideas have been brewing.

So Mhairi is awkward and cute. And Alice is lost and sarcastic, but neither of could be really deemed as social characters, so that's what I want to make here. A musically inclined gal, singing, (With Distinctive Voice at least 2, maybe 4 if I have the point/xp for it) guitar, maybe keyboard/piano, with the shadow name Sparrow (I don't know why it just came to me.).

Now I have several ideas to flesh out her backstory but final thoughts depend on which path she'd Awaken to.

Which I've been debating. Arcanthus vs. Mastigos. I love Time and Fate and all the fae stuff, but holy wow there are a lot of Enchanters in play! Do I want to add to their number? Or do I want to drive Sparrow (or rather the girl she was before she becomes Sparrow) to hell and back?

So what I know About Sparrow/the girl she was before, is:
    * She had a high opinion of herself (shocking for me huh?)
    * She's always been musically inclined, but it's only after her Awakening that she pull herself up and gain recognition for her talents, - Fame 1
    * If Sparrow does become an Arcanthus no tarot cards. She'll flip coins.
    * Bit of a street rat, and it was a miserable time for her, but depending on what she'll Awaken as, it'll either get better, or much, much worse. (And probably what facilitates her Awakening in someway.) And her time on the streets might count as an Embarrassing Secret, after her Awakening and her raise to fame.

...Okay so I don't know too much about Sparrow yet, but her background is still up in the air, so I guess it's understandable...but questions, comments, concerns are welcome, ( or I wouldn't be posting this! lol)

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'd look more at what spells you want to cast most often than which Path fluff you like the best -- unless you're not going to do much spell-casting.

It also doesn't really matter how many of [this] or [that] there are, because in 3-6 months that will probably be totally different.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

8. Likes , Kelreth, Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Yeah. I think I'm going to go over spells, and see what I'll have fun with. Maybe Sparrow will be shelved, or maybe not *shrugs* we'll see. From the initial ideas had for both Mhairi and Alice, they are radically different then who they ended up after all

I'll get back to here, after one-one-one time with my books and the wiki

Wayland

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (0/3)

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Spells (3/3)

??? (Cloaked, Pot 4)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 6)
    ??? (Cloaked, Pot 7)

Saber Sloth, have a look at the Pygmalion Society Legacy, as I think it might be a good legacy to work for if you consider pursuing with the Sparrow idea. It's an Acanthus legacy but uses Mind so might be viable for that concept.

0 Scenes

RL has been drawing a bite more attention then it had been, so it's been a bit slow to keep up with my current characters, and I haven't really had the time to think more on Sparrow or any other mage concept, but I will deffinatly take a look! Maybe this is what I need to jump start my brain to focus more on mage!

A
    AnoncameaSpider

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is mage to learn? I'm considering it for a second character cause I'd like to write a little more than on just jack *jazzhands* but I won't have time to really sit down and read an entire splat book cover to cover all day.

Page 4 of 21 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread