Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 17 of 21 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last

Twist Scenes

• As I am a hoarder, I would be changing the durability of things. Changing car windows to bulletproof etc. Would that require me to buy the items I make with XP?
    • Would someone moving to Sacramento from nearby rural areas be aware of any mage pitfalls and dangers?
    • Creative Thaumaturgy is completely out? I.e. we can use only the spells addressed in the site (with their rules) either as rotes or as improvised spells?
    • Vulgar spells of 1-2 dots don't incur paradox in this game? Just the penalties from witnesses due to disbelief?&nbsp;</li></ul>
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

0 Scenes

1) Yes.

2) You'd know Sacramento's kind of like the wild west, but it changes all the time, there would be nothing concrete danger-wise.

3) There is a Creative Thaumaturgy thread.

4) That's what the HRs say

3. Likes Fedup liked this post

Twist Scenes

Thank you. When I have my sheet drafted, how should I pass it to you for inspection?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

You go through the Character Submission process.

You can make your Submission though the "Jump" dropdown menu. The Character Submission form is located in the menu linked to each venue

6. Likes , Sanityawol liked this post

Twist Scenes

You go through the Character Submission process.

You can make your Submission though the "Jump" dropdown menu. The Character Submission form is located in the menu linked to each venue
    I meant how I sent it to Saber Sloth. Would it be FPM? Or will she automatically receive it before you do?

The Form will send it off to whoever it needs to go to. All you have to do is submit the form. please don't blow up our STs inbox's with direct submissions, it'll just slow down your approval process.

9. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Twist Scenes

I saw that the paradox rules are house-ruled. I am a bit perplexed on how disbelief, unraveling and improbable magic work in this site as Paradox is handled solely by arcanum level used.

1) Is improbable magic still in play? I.e. if you do something flashy with arcanum 2, would it cause paradox as improbable magic if sleepers see it?

2) How is unraveling handled? Is it only used for "obvious" magic, or all arcanum 3+ magic that sleepers see? For example, if you cast alter integrity on a window and a kid throws a stone at it (not a huge rock, a pebble) and the window doesn't break, which is quite plausible... would that cause the spell to start unraveling because alter integrity is vulgar by default?

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Have you looked at the ‘Mage Guide and Rules’ sticky thread in this forum? Second post breaks down how the vulgar/covert concept for paradox is thrown out.

13. Likes Youngblood, Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Have you looked at the ‘Mage Guide and Rules’ sticky thread in this forum? Second post breaks down how the vulgar/covert concept for paradox is thrown out.
    Yes I did, but the house rules don't mention if improbable magic (i.e. using flashy 1-2 arcanum dots in front of sleepers) is still a thing. I would assume it is, actually. I.e. if you use matter 2 to make the water of a fountain take the shape of a dancing girl ... I would expect it would be improbable.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

If there is no change with a house rule, then RAW is still in effect.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

16. Likes Ruach, Fedup liked this post
Page 17 of 21 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Last
+ Reply to Thread