Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Bus Stop

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Late evening rush at the ripe end of summer: balmy, bright, a tired day drawing to a happy end. There is contentment in the air like thick perfume. Summer is drawing to a close - the season is tired now and on the horizon is the promise of autumnal bounty; the long vacation is nearing its end, and play-time now carries the bittersweet sting of the knowing that school will begin again in but a few weeks.*

Green had been working hard all day. Dust, grit and sweat cling to him. He is still in his working gear as he plods to the bus stop: shift over, he resolutely when shopping for groceries before heading home. It was a bit of a slingshot, but the big guy was happy with that: it wasn't like he minded the walking. And he completely ignored (in fact, there was no comprehension of) the stares he received from some people.

He stood, rather than sat. The seats were too low and the bus shelter too small for his comfort. So there he was, standing still with all the alien grace of a menhir, with one hand on his working kit and his bright yellow hat, and the other cupped around a large brown bag, bursting with veggies.

He kept making sidelong glances to something within the shelter. Which was odd, of course, as it was empty.

Its not like anyone would actually question him about that, right?

*Not fully clued up on the US academic calendar, so i hope I'm correct about when the Long Vacation typically ends

2. Likes Origins, RebornSeas, Whisper liked this post
    T

Striker wore his usually get up. Which wasn't a get up at all, just the clothes that happened to be available; And when you're new to the city and don't have a solid job, those clothes are usually the same ones. Old jeans, not fashionably worn, but with real holes, a generic T-shirt covered by a leather jacket, left arm pinned up at the shoulder, unfilled by his missing arm. Boots. Boots were important. Striker's were close fitting and comfortable. Worker's boots, not fashionable but sturdy.

As he approached the bus stop he noticed the tall man, I mean who could miss him? He must be as tall as Jono. Wonder what's got his attention then. He glanced into the bus stop as he walked past expecting to see a couple making out, maybe a bum passed out. Nothing. He stopped in his tracks. He wasn't usually one to pry, but what with everyone worried about Banishers and him being new to the city you never knew what you had to be careful of.

"You right mate?" He asked the big guy, trying to get his attention. His Australian accent coming through even in the few words he spoke. His tone was friendly, almost helpful but with an edge of concerned curiosity.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Pulled from his... reverie, Green stares down at the one armed man. His eyes don't narrow with suspicion yet the defensive feeling pulses from the big man. His posture doesn't change. He just... stares.

"Uh. Yeah. Sure I'm fine."

Heck! Mundy! Focus on the mundie guy! Look away from the... Hob? Yeah. Good idea...

Green needed something to fill the space between them. He opted for:

"Say... ah... You ain't from round here, are you?"

T

"From 'Straya mate. Been here a few months." Striker stuck his hand in his pocket and took a casual stance. He reconsidered the huge man. He didn't seem threatening or suspicious any more. Except for that bag which he was clutching tight. Striker eyed it warily for a second as if he could see everything inside it just by the sheer power of his will. Hmm I'll have to see if Mace can help me with that.

The man was clearly a labourer. Wonder if he know's of any jobs going...
    "Still looking for some solid work. Know of anyone looking for a one armed guy who's good with machinery?" he asked inquisitively.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

It took a few moments for the big guy to figure out what the smaller man was saying.

"Oh. Australia! Ha! Yeah... I heard of that place. Uh... Mad Max. Great movie, yeah? That Mel Gibson guy sure knows how to do an... uh... aussie accent." He nodded.

The little(r) fellow was still talking with him. A suspicious glare grew on his face, softening only slightly. "Look. I don't know much about that..." He looked down the street -

Thank heavens! The bus!

"I gotta go." Green made two steps and stopped - his looming presence enough to alert the bus driver to his intention.

Oh crap! The hob is following me...

Green gets on the bus and exits the scene - his three posts being up

9. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    T

"Mad Max. Yeah!" Great Aussie movie. Striker smiled as he recalled that awesome series of movies he'd seen when he was a kid. Well the first two were great anyway. But if he was honest with himself he'd admit that he was gunning for the raiders in the second one.

And then, his conversation partner was gone.

Eh. I wonder if Matter really can let you see through things. He pondered as he continued on his way.

And Striker heads off. Good scene!

Closed Thread