Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(C Tears) The American Dream

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

After waking up for the night, Sir Baldwin had had a nice, casual first twenty minutes. You know. Shower, shave, and have breakfast in the form of hobo. Delicious. The fact that he was hungry was better than the fact that he had been absolutely starved the night before.

Plus, there was dessert to enjoy later on. Flannels was going to get eaten. It had already been resolved in Sir Baldwin's head. He hadn't gotten to torture him last night, but he'd be fucked if he was going to let that piece of shit live after all of the horrors he had wrought.

And then Jennifer Hazelton had called. He was very, very glad to hear she and Yuki Saito were all right. Sending Daniella Sage a quick text telling her where and when to meet them, Baldwin got ready. Whistling quietly to himself as he put his gear on and cloaked some of it before putting a black leather jacket on over-top, the Knight did what most perfectly normal, productive Americans did in the morning.

He went to work.

Ahh, to live the American Dream.

First stop tonight was to greet the fallen. Fast forward twenty minutes, and he pulled his dark-coloured sedan in to pick them up.

touch of shadows and +2 blood for feeding
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-13 18:16:37 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Touch of Shadow (stake, -1) (10 Again) 1, 2, 9, 10, 2 2 successes
    2014-08-13 18:16:26 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Touch of Shadow (knife, -1) (10 Again) 4, 5, 2, 9 1 success
    2014-08-13 18:16:16 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to Touch of Shadow (-2, vest) (10 Again) 4, 5, 8 1 success
    2014-08-13 18:09:10 Peter Baldwin rolls 5 to Str+Subterfuge to Feed (10 Again) 5, 1, 8, 6, 10, 4 2 successes

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had appraised Lady Saito to Sir baldwin's response, allowingthe woman time to adjust thier trench coats and move to a waiting area where they could see Sir Baldwin's arrival. As the dark colored sedan pulled up, Jennifer steps out of the shadows. Her trench coat collar was turned up to conceal her chin and neck and tied securely across her frame to conceal the worst of her. She nods respectfully as she approaches the car.

"Sir Baldwin. Thank you for meeting us." Jennifer greets, her voice claws scraping on a black board.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Yuki stood silently waiting lost in her thoughts and waiting for Sir Baldwin to arrive. When he pulled up and stopped she approached the vehicle with Jennifer.

"Thank you for coming," she began politely and turned to Jennifer. "You can take shotgun. I think I have had enough to last me a while," she finished with a playful smile.

The Daeva made her way to the back door of the sedan and got in waiting for them all to be in the privacy of the vehicle before she said anything too revealing.

4. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded. "Good evening. You are very welcome. Please, make yourselves comfortable. We have some short time before we meet Madame Sage so that we can hit a drive-thru. There's a lot to catch you both up on."

He reached over and opened the shotgun door for Jennifer. When Yuki Saito made her pun, Sir Baldwin's lips pressed together into a tight, worldless smile.

He had to fight hard to control himself. The urge to turn on The Who was overwhelming.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." Jennifer says sincerely to the Lady as she accepts Sir Baldwin's gentlemanly assistance into the vehicle.

"I am glad," She states to Sir Baldwin's statement. "- I am in sore need of some fast food." She glances around the area.

"You remember the Flower Shop? The business district may be a bit slow now, but en route may have something tasty. A bit surprised Master Galloway isn't with you. Is he waiting?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Invictus Assemble! Let's do this Yog-Sothoth Yuki Saito
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Yuki settled into the backseat and buckled herself in. It felt good to be moving again and to actually be working to redeam herself in at least a small amount.

"I agree that a bite to eat would be be a good idea at this point. I am feeling a bit peckish after our treatment." She looked up at Sir Baldwin through the rearview mirror as she spoke.

"I caught Madame Hazelton up to speed since her little nap, up until my own. Now that we have some measure of privacy would you be able to catch us up to speed, or will you be waiting for Madame Sage? I suppose I should state this before we forget. His grace was not pleased with how indescrete the operation has been thus far and expressed his desire that we should avoid things like setting places on fire at midnight."

She wasn't being judgemental in her comments merely expressing the words from their Judex.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I'll take you to the Flower Shop area, yes. You can eat, and then we need to acquire... well. I need to start at the beginning, it seems. I'll summarize."

Sir Baldwin sighed as he pulled into traffic.

"Madame Hazelton, I'm sad to say that Master Galloway left his post for some reason, and engaged a mortal involved in the drug ring in a fight that he was losing. While I was saving him, I did not hear you under duress." The Knight scratched at his cheek. "Your assailant died from his injuries - it seems you put up one hell of a fight. However, the place was a serious Masquerade breach risk. I had to break into the building, and the best way to deal with it in a short period of time was to secure you, disguise the bite mark on him with a knife, deal with the cameras and burn the place to scour away what he had torn from you."

He frowned. "The plan was working, and you were being extracted. Mr. Galloway's assailant fled, but we had the fudge chef's telephone. In their van was one of their victims, a man or woman who had been totally done up with krokodil. It was horrific. All was going according to plan when... I set the fire."

The Knight's lips clenched in shame at himself.

"I am ashamed to admit it, as it so rarely happens... but the inferno overcame my will and I lost myself to the Beast. You were in your car's trunk when it happened, safely prepared for transport. Your car was captured by the man's cohort, although he simply thought of you as a body to be disposed of. I tricked him into delivering him to a known address, called in Lady Knight Saito and after calling in Lady Sage and making a brief deal with Regent Hart to be allowed into the territory, we captured him and recovered you. Unfortunately, in the battle, Lady Knight Saito suffered an unlucky shotgun blast to the head."

He looked to Saito briefly, then returned his eyes to the road. "I had been ordered to call Lady Sage back when we had recovered you. She told me to bring you both to Cedar Fields Funeral Home, where Deputy French learned of this. Lady Sage used her Mekhet gifts to read his mind - there is one more man outstanding yet, a nurse at the local asylum, who is responsible for the drugs themselves, I understand. Tonight, Lady Sage will dig more in his head to get the particulars of that nurse... and unless there are any objections, by the end of the night, I will end our prisoner."

No more bullshit with this guy. He was done for.

"Apparently, the victims of all of this are kept at the Ridge Motel, and we do have our prisoner's cellular phone. We have much opportunity hereto resolve this - and indeed, we should avoid burning anything else. The Masquerade should not be at risk again."

He looked to each. "I do not know where Master Galloway is, nor do I know where the van or the victim within it is. That was his responsibility. The victim was nearly dead and barely intelligible, but it is a loose end. That is where things stand now. I am pleased to see you both are okay. Last night definitely was... complicated."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Ah, that explains the comment His Grace made. He was not pleased that this wasn't kept...in house among the First Estate and that the reeve's office was brought into this." Yuki said flatly while glancing sitting forward and glancing between the two yokai in the front seats. "It was Lady Sage that broke the silence then with the deputy? I realize it may not have been intentional on her part, but it is there nonetheless."

The Daeva rubbed the bridge of her nose with a several fingers and exhaled dramatically. What did American's use to describe such a series of events? Was it cluster fuck? The crass and vulgar expression seemed to adequately describe the unsightly and vulgar series of events so far.

"Well the past cannot be changed no sense dwelling on it at the moment while we still have work to do. I thank you most humbly for your involvement in my recovery, Sir Baldwin. I am grateful beyond words for your assistance,"
    the mangled Daeva honestly expressed her gratitude with a smile.

"This development may prove problematic. We will need to know the extent of the asylum's involvement if any, hopefully we can find out if it just a lone nurse because if there is other staff involved and it is at the structure itself this will get more complicated. We will need to exercise extreme discretion here. His Grace will be quite put out with another bloodbath and contaminated scene. I would also prefer to avoid a bloodbath that included me."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"He did what?" Jennifer stated incredously. "He understood that his aid in this matter tied into my opinion of him and if I would sponsor him to be released according to Lady Au Pair's judgement to be..." Jennifer trailed off. In her opinion, she had stated a positive opinion of Master Galloway to

Lady Au pair Sage previously. It would appear that would need to be remedied. Jennifer decided to put Master Galloway out of her mind, for the time being. That was a matter that was not immediate. They had more pressing concerns to address tonight.

"To be honest, Sir Baldwin, I am very grateful for your efforts." Jennifer stated sincerely. " I made some errors in judgement last night. I behaved in

a hasty manner, too much like a breather. I am distressed that this caused you to have to set the fire that led to your own terrible experience. I do hope that we can learn from this."
    She paused, looking over to Sir Baldwin.
    " I know that we've experienced a great deal in this endeavor. I do intend that we can complete this endeavor with a flourish that will take away the sour taste of the setbacks that we've had about this."
    She pauses.
    "The last priscus worked out of the Ridge Hotel. I have been there a few times. I know the lay out. I would say that after we feast, we can begin the lay out for some surveilance. We learned very little about the Doctor involved. I had been hoping to find some paperwork or such at the shop."

Jennifer looked to Lady Saito, craning her neck a bit to do so.

"Yes, we will need to proceed with caution. I would say that we take an evening of surveilance and then regroup to discuss what was learned. With the fire, I imagine that we threw a monkeyworks in thier process. You mentioned Lady Sage... has she fully joined the project? She and I - as partners - could survey a likely area and avoid a scene like last night. We should be able to afford a night of surveilance. As lady Sage is occupied with her Mekhet gifts tonight, perhaps tomorrow evening we can survey the ridge motel and get a bead on this nurse. Discover when he is most vulnerable and without these martial associates.

Unless I'm behind and we should do something before surveilance? You mentioned a phone..."

12. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.