Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(C Tears) Saving Priscus Hazelton

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The time is 2AM. S-Minus 3:45 until the Daystar

Google Maps. It's a wonderful thing. Southeast down 99, the Kindred home in on the address. It's nearly 2am, just early enough that they don't have to fight end-of-the-club-night traffic. Non descript vehicles, driven reasonably, and they don't even merit a second look from the various traffic police they pass.

It's a good thing they're undead. The rhythmic thumping of tires crossing freeway pavement seams has put many a Kine to sleep at this hour. Garish yellow lights turn the freeway into the storied Yellow Brick Road. What these Unconquered seek, though, is not a hear, a brain, courage, or even a means home.

They're trying to recover the Torpid Priscus of the Haunt Clan.

Two AM breaks as they come up on their exit. Calvine Road. They have less than four hours until the daystar rises.

With four hours to to go, a small detail rears it's head.

West on Calvine Road, and a right on Center will take them straight into the heart of South Sacramento. This won't be a fringe incursion. This will be trespassing into the Rack of Regent Roxie Hart.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Chrisie liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Their harrowing night took them south.

As Peter drove, he realized where they were going -- and immediately, he turned his mind to the protocol for this situation. Pissing off the Gangrel Regent of South Sacramento was a horrible, horrible idea. So too was letting Hazelton die.

It was a delicate Danse. They had time to do this and do it right.

1 sux to Politics the proper protocol of this thing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-11 23:54:38 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to Int+Politics - what's the protocol in this scenario? (10 Again) 8, 5, 3 1 success

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Answer
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Yuki thought about were they were going and should have put two and two together sooner. She didn't know anything much about this reclusive Regent other than the name. She had reviewed the maps and refreshed her memory regarding the laws of the domain when she arrived. The asian yokai pulled over to the front of a well let gas station just off one of the main roads. As safe as any place could be at this hour.

She pulled out her phone and fired off a message.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin pulled over behind Saito, figuring that Galloway would do the same.

He texted both. I am prepared to provide a present, but it's her house, so Ms. Hart will need to be spoken to. G, do you have a rapport with Ms. Hart, or shall I ask Ms. Sage for her number?

Katsuro Tomori

Apparently the shortening of names was in for texting, who knew? Galloway pulled in with the rest of his group, having followed them down the road.

August replies, slightly bemused with modern technology, though no more so than someone who was say, in their 80's might be. He got the text reply off just fine though.

Can't say that I do, unfortunately Sir. If there is anything I could do to aid with providing a gift however, by all means, let me know.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

P
    Peter Baldwin

Stand by. I will contact Ms. Sage then. A minor favor in the future from you may have some value to Ms. Hart, G, if that is something you would be prepared to part with.

Then, he phoned the Au Pair, hoping that she could be of some assistance.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin's conversation with the Au Pair coming to a close, the Knight sent the others the following:

Ms. Hart wants to see us at Trax, located at [ADDRESS]. We are to make a deal with her. We have been warned about the danger of this area. Let's head there now. Time is of the essence.

Good to proceed.

Katsuro Tomori

Splendid. Following you there. Would there be an objection to me handling negotiations? It's something I exceed in and I'd love to prove myself useful, as my street expertise has not lent itself in that regards. August replies, starting up the van once more and waiting for the Knight to start heading out.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

If the man wanted to try his hand at negotiation Yuki wasn't going to object. She knew little of this Roxie and could always step in if needed.

Sounds good. I will meet you two there then.

Yuki, in an effort to get this evening over with makes her way to the indicated address. It had certainly taken them long enough, time they didn't seem to have. Now they would need to waste more time talking with some dangerous recluse. Things just kept getting better and better.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread