Ended
Watch

Spin Cycle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    C
    Casitive

Not anymore than usual for anyone,” David replies humbly to Star with a slight shrug of his shoulders. “I just play it sometimes when waiting for my laundry.” The lanky man makes a head motion towards his machine, which, was just finishing up a spin-cycle. Noticing that, David glances at his watch; making a mental calculation.

The television is usually like that,” Looking to the fuzzy, green-cast television hanging off of the ceiling. “And the paperbacks people leave are well,” a pointed look to a paperback with a half-torn off cover. What little of the cover was there betrayed the content: some overly saccharine romance novel that would cost a dollar at a nearby dollar store. “They are what they are,” David concludes.

Which leaves the machine, really.” David returns to the Arcade Cabinet he and Star are hanging near.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The mop head bobs as his eyes follow the quarter tour of the facility's various entertainments. The tv? He could probably fix that. Maybe. As if TV was worth watching. He stooped down to check out the book. Ewwww. He shoulda brought a copy of Clive Barker's 'Imajica' and left it.

Great tour, yo. That machine? Yeah. Seriously, the only game in town.

Game. In. Town.

"What, uh."

He shuffled marginally closer. Not too close. Because Personal Space.

"Ummm."

He lowered his voice. Real low.

"What about the, uh, girls? This place always stacked this deep? Is that why you come here?"

Totally understandable, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Wolven Pryde, Sirith liked this post
    m
    magiuspendragon

"Ah," Mace said, as though that explained everything. Which it mostly did. "I can understand that. Talking to yourself is usually not quite as interesting. At least, there are fewer surprises." She laughed, feeling slightly uncomfortable under his scrutiny.

"So, you like gossip then?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"In general, I always recommend comics. Find ones with good artists, people who draw faces and really capture emotion? It adds so much depth to a story with the right art, and the right knowledge of how to use panels. It's... just... magic, almost, how what you're looking at is so easily translated into sound, and smell and taste and texture by your brain. It's really cool, considering all you're getting from them is visual input." Pepper could gush about comics forever, but stopped herself with a silly grin on her face as she watched Mace and Detergent guy.

Oops, that was getting... awkward. "Yeah, I've got this kind of Anansi Boys Fat Charlie thing going on with Pepper, I probably don't even need to mention it and someone will be like 'Can I call you Pepper?' It's pretty good...." Oh damn, yeah, Mace was pretty freaked. Pepper sighed.

"Hey! Come meet Madison!" She waved Mace over, then nodded to the Blonde. "Sorry, just want to rescue my twin from the snafu I started."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye listened, impressed and loving the passion she used when talking about comics.

“You should tell me which ones you recommend and I would love to pick them up and try em.” She replied, closing the lid and digging in her pockets for change. “I’ve mainly stuck with graphic novels, the ones for 30 Days of Night being my favorite. But you have turned my attention to comics!”

As Pepper waved over her, wait, twin?! Faye turns her attention to her and waves as well, huge friendly smile on her face.

7. Likes RebornSeas liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith wished she could pay attention to two men occupying the Space Invaders machine. Really, really. It's just...

They were so forgettable.

Their attention to the game didn't help, and when Cut started playing with the Shadowy Guy (yeah, right, play the two-player game when there's a third person around, smooth), all her attention drifted off to the women around some puppy-like boy, particularly those who seemed to burn with confidence like some bright stars. She listened idly to their chatter while waiting for her laundry to be done.

When the Asian started to talk with such passion, Faith couldn't help but smile. That was some passion. She knew that she had to talk with the woman. Maybe get her number. Cooperate, sometime in the future.

You just don't waste such a talent.

Slowly, Faith started to move towards the small crowd, still listening.

C
    Casitive

Discomfort, thy name is David Regan. Shifting in his position, the forgettable, lanky man looks out over the coin-op as though Cut – or Star – has pointed out the law of gravity. It is something he knew instinctively but Star putting it out there, made it real.

“I,” pause, because to Johan Fisher, a pause was better than a series of 'ums' “No. Not really,” David notes lamely, “it's usually pretty empty, actually.”

A skittish look crosses David's face as he ruffles his hair again – a nervous tic motion – shuffling here and there. “I guess it's just luck.”

It doesn't take a physicist to know that David couldn't flirt his way out of a paper-bag; especially with his reticence in full blown effect as it is. He fidgets, shifts his weight listlessly, and checks his watch hoping that his first load of laundry would be done.

Chance sought to give him that at least. A little ding called David to change his laundry. A lot of button down shirts and brown and tan slacks come out of one machine and are put into a drier.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh."

Disappointment, yo. Especially since all the chicks were now talking to one another and the guy in the wife beater. He wasn't entirely surprised Faith had wandered off. Par for the course. He wouldn't mind... talking... to Faye, though. Or seeing her... laundry. Seriously, who wouldn't.

"Man, I wear khakis a lot, too."

Where did that come from? Maybe it was fishing for common ground. Or just fear, that he was looking at himself in another twenty, or forty years. However old the guy was. Totally not creeping, though.

"You, uh, got any words of wisdom? Like, you know. Knowledge of the years, and all that, to impart? On chicks? Young and eager minds want to know."

Funny, asking the other guy, talking to a guy, in a room full of girls. Doing his laundry. But you know that old axiom? Those that can't do, teach? Maybe he Knew Stuff.

Maybe he'd show him how it was done. Like, right now.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Sirith liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As she waited for Peppers twin to join them, her eyes catch the petite red head slowly making her way over.

A friendly smile is offered in her direction, and Faye hoped it would serve as inviting to the fiery woman.

C
    Casitive

Or, maybe never.

The khakis comment does catch David a little off-guard. A quick quirk of his brow and a glance towards Star. Though before he can comment on the very much strained grasp at commonality, Star asks a question David isn't all that prepared to answer.

“Be yourself.” Though the tone of David's voice verges on a question. To be honest, he doesn't know himself. “It's … I guess, easier if you work together?” The Loner's mind going back to his own 'almost' and 'certainly not' a relationship. They weren't very orthodox themselves and it certainly didn't follow the script of David's favorite movies. “But, I guess... that goes along with having things in common,” a break, “not khakis though.” For as much as David doesn't hold much in the realm of social acumen there was at least that.

“Maybe borrow soap?” A helpless shrug, David was certainly just throwing mud at the wall now, seeing what stuck.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.