Ended
Watch

Spin Cycle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Mace fought the chuckle as Pepper tried to interfere with someone else's laundry. Just like her. She leaned in and whispered. "You know, not everyone will be as unforgiving of your meddling as me," she said with a smile.

She looked around as the laundromat got more and more crowded. "Huh, looks like it's a party." She wouldn't have expected this many people this late at night. She turned her attention back to Pepper's question. "Uhh, how much do you really want to know?" she laughed. "Think silly putty, except I was trying to make it slippery instead of bouncy."

J
    Jason

"Well i just figured since it was a cheap brand, that it wasn't as potent as what i can see everyone else brought and that justified about half a bottle. I mean it seemed right. And well, i learned something new."

Ezra chuckled, he so knew he had this. Looking at the bright lass, as she spoke of cornstarch and polymers Ezra knew she was full of brains. When the lady walked in with her bare shoulder on point, the damn broke and Ezra was riveted by her looks by the confidence reverberating off her stride. He then caught sight of the petite redhead who was conversing with another, he only imagined if she was fiery as she looked. Ezra so knew he was in trouble this evening. They always end bad, and thus the vocal vomitude began as he rubbed his neck visually screwed.

"Damn! Can it get any hotter in here."

Ezra turned his back to the washer leaning back against it, rubbing his forehead and shaking it side to side stifling a chuckle holding back all he could without running out. It wasn't a total lie, it was hot and somewhat humid in there. Ezra knew from past laundry incidents, they can truly go down so many ways that it was not even funny anymore and all he needed was a bad reputation in a new town over all things, laundry. Some may view these places as a means for servicing the community but Ezra used them as a means to gather information and knew that one could learn valuable intel over the final spin cycle. Hence the phrase, airing out dirty laundry. Sure it could be construed as plain ole gossip but it could also be highly enlightening.

C
    Casitive

Coins with an eagle on one side and George Washington's face on the other gleamed in David's hand. “Go ahead,” the Lanky man offered Star. “I'm pretty rusty at it anyway,” David continues, “I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting the quarters. I'll try again in a bit, I think.

After checking the Cabinet, David answered the other question Star had, “It's just Space Invaders. Looks like it hasn't been moved from that spot since the early 80s.

Visibly, David folded into himself when the Fiery Redhead came to say hello to Star. Only a simple nod in her direction acknowledged her presence.

The tall man checked his watch.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Eighties? Like, one nine eight oh? That's like, uh. A quarter of a decade old? That's funny, because quarter. You put a quarter... Ummmm. Anyway. Why hasn't 'Antique Roadshow' come to..."

He'd been so focused on the two old things that he hadn't noticed the place was getting even more full.

"Oh! Wow. Hi, Tinks."
    Genuine surprise animated his face and he gave the Thearch a little wave.

What was she doing here? Didn't like, pretty people have little people to do their things for them? The question surprised him. Was the little ladder fishing for info on his crew? His arms folded and he leaned back and away, against one of the dingy, shaking machines.

"Ummm. They're good? How about, ummm, you? Things OK?"
    he asked, totally imagining the Thearchs huddled up over Del Taco.

He leaned outward, recognizing someone else. Which, he didn't have to, because he could see over Faith, but didn't. Because rude. He didn't wave though. Madison hadn't said anything, so maybe the whole park thing had been too weird. Because it had been super weird.

"You, uh, want to do two player? So I can see how it works? I don't think I've ever played. I just hear the sounds and saw lights,"
    he tossed back at David.

Sounds. Lights. Angel bait, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Sirith, RebornSeas liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Oh, no, at least one pretty girl didn't have servants doing all the stuff for her; indeed, she was quite used to living alone and it can be seen in how she's neatly sorting her clothes (mostly colorful dresses, skirts, blouses, tops and t-shirts, with some undergarment in various colors and hues, but no lace and no bras - that stuff she always washed by hands) and putting all the stuff in the machine.

"Tinks?" She repeated with half surprised, half amused expression. Was he suggesting her style looked like one of a bum or a gypsy? Or that she looked like someone with a husband and no kids? "Name's Faith, remember?" Amusing, really. The Thearch gave up on figuring out which Guardians were playing all the time and which were honest in their actions 'cause it was a massive pita. Not worth it, too. Letting them do their stuff was always the best. Still, Cut was really funny in how he reminded her of college juniors. Cute. "I'm fine, a bit busy, and today it seems everything is out to get me, everything is breaking..."

Faith paused after looking away and got almost visibly flustered when she noticed David's nodding to her. Wha-hey, was this man here all the time? She felt stupid for not noticing the man. He was there, all visibly, he was talking... Weeeeird. Rude for her. Damn. She could swear she didn't notice him, that there was just a shadow... Creepy.

That's what you get for late night outing to suspicious places, darling.

With a bit of nervousness the redhead nodded back while the quarters vanished in the machine. Cut seemed more interested in the game, so hopefully he didn't notice her anxiousness.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Well, Ezra seemed forgiving to the bleach Asian. "Oh my, that was bordering on grateful even!" She made an exaggerated shocked face in Tanya's direction then chuckled at her comment about parties. Wow, was this the only 24-hr laundromat in the area or something?

But she processed the rest of it, the what-she-was-going-for bit and.... Okay, yeah, silly putty didn't work that way, so Mace was going full Mad Scientist on the ooze. Pepper decided that she wanted to back off on that line of conversation, Dad would have a conniption if it got more detailed and he was here. "Huh, noted."

And then the Too-much-Detergent guy said that other thing and well. "It's a Laundromat. I have never heard of one that isn't boiling hot inside." Somehow, though, her tone of voice twisted her actual words into 'Just 'cause we were all thinking it doesn't me it's okay to say it'. Or maybe the meaning came from how she Eyed the cute girls and shot an appreciative glance to the fit of Ezra's tank.

Though, cleaning the basket should be a Thing. Should could trust mace to be alone for a bit, right? Clothes in the washer and load started, she grabbed the now-empty hamper and went up to the service counter. "You can accept tips, right? Any chance you've got a hose I can use?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As she slowly loaded the washer, she let her eyes wander over who was there.

There was a soft chuckle at the banter of the two woman, who must either be really good friends, or related somehow. She wasn’t sure what they were talking about, but when the girl made mention of how much detergent the guy in the tank top was using, her eyes drifted to him.

She caught the look he gave her, flashed him her best smile, and offered him a little wave. He might prove entertaining she thinks with a grin.

Her eyes began the scan again, and landed on Jack. What a pleasant surprise! There was a petite redhead talking to him, and she didn’t wish to interrupt, so she shoots a wide smile and a wave his direction.

J
    Jason

Ezra chuckled as the brainy chic made reference to the usual hotness of a laundramat, to him it was a good thing she really didn't know what he meant but then again he's been wrong before. Smiling, Ezra waved back to bare-shoulder gal and wondered if the rest of her skin was so pristine and flawless. Hopefully this was going to be totally a cool night for him after all.

Brainy chic still held Ezra's attention for some odd reasoning, could it be she had something in common with him or was it her familial relation with the quiet girl who spoke too her about this strange and mysterious silly putty thingy. Looking at the girl left alone to her own devices whilst Brainy chic verbally asked for a watering hose, Ezra spoke to Quiet Girl.

"Pardon my intrusion, name's Ezra. If i may ask what is this silly putty you referred too?"

Ezra looked at her as he leaned onto his shaking washer trying to keep it from almost walking, removing his things from ontop the washer he opened the lid and scooped back bubbles as he moved the clothing around to balance. Closing the lid, Ezra wiped the wet bubbles onto his tank and jeans.

"I mean is it like playdough? I've seen people do wonders with that substance recently."

For him, Ezra relied on the fact he had read a recent magazine about that stuff, even though it made no sense at all too him nor would it advance his nightly danse, he still reveled in knowing some things about the modern world as it gave him leads into interesting conversations with the locals.

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace watched as Pepper left her with the man, feeling a slight sense of forboding. Gulp. When he addressed her, she tilted her head and looked at him. "You haven't seen silly putty?" she asked. She raked her brain, trying to figure out how to explain it as she looked up at the cieling. "You might find some in the grocery store," she said. "It's targeted for kids, but is really kind of fascinating stuff. It's slightly sticky, very stretchy, and behaves very strangely under compression." She glanced at him. "It'll bounce if you drop it from average heights, but if you get a big enough piece high enough, it'll shatter instead." She noticed with a start that she was rambling and snapped her mouth shut, audibly. "Sorry about that," she said. At least she hadn't gotten too far into the strange polymer.

C
    Casitive

Cut's half question is met with a bit of a shrug. David had no idea why collectors weren't beating down the laundromat’s door in an effort to get the cabinet. The game must have been quite at home where it was and didn't need to move. Some places are stagnant with no desire to Change despite entropy eating away at the edges.

Quiet and patient, David says nothing while Cut says hi to people he knows.

In the interim, the lanky man calculates how much time is left on the first load.

Sure,” David says taking up Star on his invitation. “It isn't hard, just a couple of buttons and a joy-stick,” he explains while fishing out a quarter to feed to the massive and massively old cabinet.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.