Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Phone call to Diane: Jodie & Samael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Nine o' clock rolls around after you've departed the BBQ. Diane had stated that she'd like to hear from you. What do you have to talk about?
    Sam had perhaps wished to assist Diane with the research aspect of finding the Book of Honorious.
    To Justin

Justin Djinn

She'd just tucked Kyle in to bed, leaving the little guy drooling on his Cars pillow in the crib when she caught sight of the time. Pulling out her cell and the card the woman had given her, she let her sister know that the little guy was asleep before heading out to the garage, locking things up before making her call.

She'd had some time to think about what she wanted to talk about. What she wanted to assist with. If she could assist with it. "Ms. Moore? This is Jodie Hollins. Sorry about being a little late on the call, I had to take care of a little something."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

"No problem, Jodie."

There was loud talking of female voices on the other side of the line. The noises fell away as a rustle on the line suggested that Diane had relocated.
    "Sorry about that. I was spending some time with my cell before I leave in the morning. So you wanted to have more information, didn't you Jodie? You were a little vague earlier. I didn't want to discuss it in front of the angry, quiet young guy. What's his problem, anyway?"

"I have no idea," she responded with a sigh, "I've never met any of them before. Except Mister Smith," she added. "Anyway, I am looking into information regarding werewolves, werewolf-like creatures, and their kin. It's why I was there earlier.

"But even at that, I don't know a thing about ghosts, poltergeists or translating ancient texts, nor do I have any contacts with that capacity, but... I might be able to finagle my way into more restricted areas for the sake of locating this book you were mentioning, if necessary. Not sure I wholly feel right about it, but frankly everything's in enough of a state of flux right now that 'right' seems like a weird word to use for anything."
    Former Player of:

Jennifer Hazelton

"You've never met them before, huh?" The pitch of Diane's voice suggested that she was surprised.

"Glad that you're road - tripping with them tomorrow, still?" Diane wonders.
    "Did that cell give you any information about werewolves?" Diane questions Jodie.

"Well, I have a lot of contacts who sell me their wares. Half of the time I'm a fence between a buyer and a seller who are so secretive, that they don't want the other person to know them. That's what this trip to Temecula really is. There's a contact whose found a cache of rare volumes about ghosts and the paranormal. I'd love to get in good with him and get access to these manuscripts.

I can find some general volumes if you'd like."

"I don't really mind, no," Jodie responded, "it's kind of nice to know I'm not crazy, you know? That there are other people who have dealt with similar things. They didn't have much information for me, I don't know if any of them have seen what I've seen, but that isn't going to stop me from searching. And it isn't going to stop me from doing what I can to assist you, either. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little, right?

"If anyone needs, too, I have no problems being the transporter. I've got a minivan that can carry a fair bit - passengers and all."
    Former Player of:

Jennifer Hazelton

"All right, then." Diane paused for a moment. "You don't need any specific volumes then, I take it, since you didn't ask for them. If you are as you say, searching, I can reach out to my contacts to see if they have anything on the subject.

Is there anything else that I can do for you?"

"Unfortunately there's nothing I can name names on, I'm pretty new to all of this," she admitted, before sighing softly. "I really am quite interested in lineages or family lines or blood ties... that sort of stuff, but really any little bit of information would be a blessing. Otherwise, I can't think of anything, no. I imagine we'll see you tomorrow?"
    Former Player of:

Jennifer Hazelton

"All right, then. If you ever need specific information, let me know. I can try and put out feelers to my people tonight and see whats around Temecula tomorrow. I imagine there's something right up your alley that I can get for you." Diane says warmly.

"Yes, I'll be leaving tomorrow. My contact picked this real isolated place. I've only been there once. Be sure to bring up what you need with you. I'll see you tomorrow, Jodie."

J
    Justin

Contacts failed to turn up anything
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-03 15:19:57 Samael Milton rolls 4 to Working his rare book collectors Contacts (Manipulation + Persuasion) (10 Again) 4, 5, 7, 6 failure

Sam dialed Diane's number, feeling somewhat annoyed at his failure to turn up anything on the Book of Honorious.

"Hello Diane. I have some bad news, unfortunately; my occult book collector friends couldn't provide me anything on your book."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last