Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Michael's BBQ

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

She didn't know what was happening - though apparently the FBI were here? Was there something going on with all of this? She had no idea, shifting a little bit awkwardly in her spot as she watched the events unfold, Jodie wondered if this was how things generally worked when it came to this... group. Rubbing at her arm a little bit, scanning the faces and keeping an eye on the hostility levels, a small part of her couldn't help but smile just a little to herself. She knew fireworks like no one's business... and this was a totally different kind of firework going off, wasn't it?

A little early for the fourth of July celebrations.

But this environment... no. She was pretty sure this was distinctly not the best environment to stay in, leaving her to make her way to a place where she could set down the smokies near the barbecue, before carefully pulling out the homemade tasteless but totally tasty werewolf decorated cake she'd made. She'd spent a fair bit of time making the icing look sort-of like fur, and she rather hoped that the chocolate cake and vanilla cream layers would appeal to people. Unless they were gluten intolerant. Or lactose intolerant.

She wasn't about to get involved in whatever the heck these people had going on, and while she'd been prepared to simply leave, she offered Alistair a shrug before he introduced her. Oh. Well... "... if this is a bad time," she started, scratching at her arm lightly, "it's really fine. I have enough to deal with right now without..." lynch mobs? "... whatever all this is..."
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

Any responses? The writer of Ester has stated she wishes to depart the thread, please make responses or she departs without your words of wisdom

Samael Milton Corginaut Priest

F
    Freelance250

Michael sighs, He steps forward to Ester and offers his hand to her.

"I apologize for the situation... I wish it could have gone better." He said softly, regret in his tone. He understood she was in a rough place, distrusted because of her gifts. Michael could forgive the connection to the law but the Psychic part he was iffy on. Four years ago he would have sought help for anyone who said Vampires were real but now, he knew they were. If she was indeed a psychic then she would have to be watched, closely but Michael hoped that in time the Cell would come to trust her.

"If you need anything... do not hesitate to call me or come and visit." He said with a warm, wide smile. "I am always available." He added.

J
    Justin

Roll versus Alistair's position on monsterhood
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-25 22:43:09 Samael Milton rolls 8 to Composure + Empathy + Indomitable 2 (10 Again) 8, 6, 2, 8, 4, 3, 6, 10, 1 3 successes

When Sam imagined introducing Ester to the cell, he hadn't counted on Ester coming right out with her secrets like that, or trying to lie about them after the fact. While he had expected her to be open with him, throwing around her FBI status and abilities on the initial meeting were not good for first impressions.

Maybe she really isn't cut out for field work...at least not yet, he thought to himself.

He had stayed silent through the arguments and placating. In many ways, Alistair's words hit home. Sam hadn't considered the idea that Ester, and by extension himself, might be considered just as dangerous or scary by his cell mates as the thing they had just hunted and killed. While he hadn't exactly flaunted his affiliation and abilities in front of the others, he hadn't heard their thoughts on the matter until now.

"Alright guys, I'm going to see after Ester. I'll keep in touch, though." Sam clapped Michael on the shoulder. "I appreciate your patience and your hospitality, father. We should get together soon and have a private conversation."

He leaned in slightly to Michael and whispered, "There was more than one fang in that club, Michael. They know her face. They know her name." His gaze hardened. Even if his cell mates thought he was a monster, which he may well be, he would do his damnest to make sure Ester was safe.

Tal
    Tal

"Shalom, Jodie," Tal said in passing, moving over to get a beer from Alistair. She had no words for anyone else. This situation was still entirely messed up. Now they had a Fed to worry about, and worse, a member of her cell was apparently spending a lot of time with her.

Thank god for alcohol. There was nothing to be done for now, so she'd just drink.

The beer fizzed as she cracked it and she quickly took a sip, slurping the head away.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

A
    Ampersand

He shrugged his shoulders and waved both Sam and Ester off. Nothing he could say or do was likely to change their opinion on each other or do anything to make things run smoother. A rock and a hard place.

He raised his bottle to his lips, knocked back a swig and met the group with a deadpanned "So how about that local sports team?"

C
    Cross

"Not to worry. Things got... spirited. It happens. This is a barbeque." He grinned at her. Cake! "And you brought --" Oh my god! It was a werewolf cake, like the movies. With fur. He burst out laughing. "That's got to be the best way of explaining what you ran into I've ever seen."

He looked around to the others, head-nudging toward the cheerful girl.

"Anybody familiar with one of these?"

It was time to bring it back on point. Enough about the psychic FBI chick with a death wish. Head-nudge to the cake.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene looks at the cake hungrily and opens her mouth to say something, then her phone rings from inside her pocket. She pulls it out and checks it, suddenly getting a crestfallen look on her face. "I would LOVE some cake right now, but I have to go, unfortunately. Got some projects I'm working on for you guys." She grabs a napkin and a pen from her pocket, writing her number on it. "Call me if you need me. I should have some toys for you guys to play with next time."

Unless stopped, she exits quickly.

"Hello!" that was the appropriate response to that statement, right? She had no idea what Shalom meant. Was it a title thing? Code for something? She had no idea.

So many people were leaving, now, though, and the tensions didn't seem to be easing much at all. Still, she glanced to Alistair again and looked once more at the cake. "... I thought I was being setting appropriate. I couldn't exactly bring a whole pig to roast, but a werewolf cake? I've got this," Jo added with a little grin. "Fair warning, it has both gluten and milk, so anyone with allergies has been aptly warned. No nuts, though."

Thankfully no nuts. There might've been enough of them here already. Phewwwwwwy!
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Jennifer Hazelton

"Nice cake. You baked it yourself?" Couldn't imagine leaving instructions at the bakery for something like that, the girl's expression said. Diane remained near Michael, seeming tense.

"I've never seen anything like that." Jaime said quietly, taking a seat at the table.
    "You know. There was a rumor about something like that awhile back." Rob said tilting his head at the cake. "You know, 'I saw weird animals in the park. But no pets went missing and no one died, so freck it, right?" Rob glances between Jodie and Al. He shoots a clandestine look towards Sam and Michael.

"Aw, you leaving, man?" Rob expresses regret. Sam leans in and says something that Rob can't catch and Rob frowns.

"You fan the crazy flames and then you leave, huh." He said to Helene.

Samael Milton Cross Djinn Priest Tal Corginaut Cabochard

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.