Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Michael's BBQ

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    A
    Ampersand

He raised his bottle halfheartedly to the woman that greeted him. "Hey." An expressionless, uncaring tone to it all. It was a token gesture at most. Not that it truly matters or means anything.

Then the tension rose. Sweet, sweet tension. His gaze lingered on the proclaimed psychic then darted to Sam. He shrugged it off as he peered between the pair. "Heh, good one. Riiight, psychics. As much as I love the X-files and want to believe, the evidence just leans too heavily to the contrary. Think about all the fucked up experiments into creating psychics and 'expanding' human consciousness that happened: The Nazi experiments, the MK-Ultra and the KGB... None of them bore fruit." A blunt shrug again and a bit of a chuckle. "This isn't Shadow Moses and you ain't Psycho Mantis." He smiled to Ester, the widest shit eating grin ever to grace Earth's green earth. "It was a joke. An obvious joke."

In his best deadpan snark he stated plainly... "...And I have the devil on speed dial." A chuckle and a raising of his beer bottle. "To good health and shooting more vampires in the face!"

R
    Rhapsody032590

Ester sighed slightly at the now open hostility. Physic, that’s what they’re worried about? Not the fact that I’m a fed who specializes in catiching the worst murderers humanity has ever seen and that they’re a bunch of glorified serial killers? You never can tell with some people.

When Simon offered her an out she could have kissed him. Her eyes darted between him and Sam.
    "Why does everyone automatically think Physic means telepath? There are at least a dozen other classifications of physic phenomena. Though leather jackets right, there isn’t any evidence or real way to test for physic power. Vanguard recruits “physics” but honestly we could all just be really good cops with good instincts."

She fixes Alistair with a cold glare; his comment about “supers” angered her.

"The supernatural phenomena, which I could talk for days on. What makes them different and worthy of arrest or execution is when they harm or mainly kill innocent people. A physic or a witch, if either of those exists, is no different form you or me as long as they don’t prey upon the average person. If a Vampire lived a quiet life and didn’t feed on humans I’m perfectly happy to let them live in peace as long as they want. I joined the FBI to help people, protect them from things they couldn’t save themselves from, not to indulge in petty hatred of things that were different. If that’s what you do, then I’m sorry and thank you again for saving my life, but you’re no different than some of the slashers I’ve helped arrest. "

Fixing Helene with a cool look, not the cold rage she had for Alistair but not a pleasant look. "You haven’t liked me since I got her miss, that stripper comment was a little too sharp to just be a smart ass teasing. Is it that I’m to blond? To pretty ? Or is it that you have a thing for Sam here? You do know we’re not together anymore, haven’t been since college. Though this little petty and paranoid display won’t help you win him over. He’s a little defensive of people. " Ester knew her words where harsh, but last night and her occasional undercover work had started to harden her.

She looks finally to Father Michael, this look was genital and kind. The Ester that Sam had known shone through to him. "Thank you for your hospitality, Father. I would like to talk shop with you soon. I’m glad to know you’d have my back because say the word and I’d help you. "

Physics aren’t real lets talk about ethics and start a cat fight 6 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 10:00:28 Ester Lawson rolls 7 to Physics arn't real, lets talk about hunting ethics (Manip:3+Subter:3+misdrection spec 1) (10 Again) 10, 10, 8, 9, 2, 10, 6, 10, 4, 2, 6 6 successes

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Total failure. Awwww.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 11:56:21 Helene Jameson rolls 3 to resist Ester's changing the subject (10 Again) 4, 4, 4 failure

Helene gapes at Ester, mouth hanging open. "I'm sorry, WHAT?!" She sputters for a moment. "You're comparing us to...what...serial killers? Now, see, some of these people maybe. I don't know them. But I've rarely even fired a gun, let alone killed anything or anyONE!" She's clearly seething with anger at this point. "And attacking me personally isn't going to help you make your point! I swear...frickin' cops...you just walk in here like you own the place and start throwing accusations at people without even knowing what the hell they've been through, or even what they've done!"

She glances at her phone and she suddenly has a thought. She grabs it and starts walking off towards the front. "I'll be back. I have a call to make." She walks to the front of the house and turns the phone on, going through her contact list and picking one she figured would be able to help her: Dibbley. He might be scum, but he was well-informed scum, usually.

She sets the call and listens to it ring. When he answers, she starts talking right away. "Yo, Dibs. I need something."

OOC

Jennifer Hazelton

Helene Jameson

"Hey, what you need? " 'Cause didn't she always call when she needed something? Her contact liked things laid out real simple. He wasn't overburdened with an abundance of education.

C
    Cross

Alistair crossed his arms, thrown onto the defensive by the Agent's clever misdirection. His tone was icy. "Agent Lawson, you feel ask anybody who was in the alleyway. If I was the type of person to shoot supers first and ask questions later..." She'd be dead. After a shot like the others had witnessed him place on Vanessa...

His presentation seemed to snap, resolving into one of a man confronted with something he had no real frame of reference to understand.

"That isn't me. But you'll have to forgive me my concern. I've faced vampires. But every time I run into a new phenomenon, I get a little more afraid. I get a little more understanding that this world is full of things that can and will kill me without me having the slightest chance. Worse yet are the things that can control me. The things that can violate my privacy. The things that can end everything I've worked for. That can take my family. That can harm my friends. As far as I knew, there were only vampires in the world. Now I'm hearing about psychics..."

He let that trail off and shook his head, his tone imminently reasonable. And of course it was; Alistair Smith was a regular man, facing wildly irregular things. He couldn't be judged negatively for being scared, could he? And he hadn't shot Ester Larson yet, had he? He wanted to talk about it. He wanted to figure out what the hell this all meant in a world that was full of terrifying creatures that went bump in the night.

He was the reasonable, normal man acting in a reasonable, normal fashion here. It was okay to be scared. It was okay to demand answers.

7 sux to persuade everyone of Alistair's point of view. It's okay to be scared. He's not being unreasonable at all, and everyone (including Ester) should cut him a break here and dialogue about this
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 14:34:01 Alistair Smith rolls 12 to Dice Back: My concern is reasonable, so is my conduct. Look at what we're facing. (Manipulation4+Persuasion4+SL+WP) (10 Again) 5, 8, 5, 10, 5, 9, 10, 5, 6, 4, 10, 3, 3, 8, 8 7 successes

Sorry, but I have dices too. -1 WP.

C
    Cross

Forgot to put my resistance roll in the post!

1 sux, he's misdirected
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 14:29:06 Alistair Smith rolls 6 to Comp+Subterfuge to resist (10 Again) 3, 1, 3, 5, 8, 1 1 success

As Jodie approached the address she'd been given, the van turned itself off and the girl stepped out in what was, effectively, what she considered to be summer-time attire, a little bag hooked over her shoulder as she looked to the woman standing out front. She... seemed busy, anyway, but Jodie offered her a cheery smile before spotting the sign. Oh good. She wasn't lost.

She enjoyed barbecues - they were one of her favourite parts of summer - and though she was nervous as all heck about meeting other people with their own strange stories, potentially, inevitably she could only hope that this was going to be a good thing. A benefit. She was going to learn, hopefully, where he'd gotten to... and maybe a bit more about what on earth was going on. Vampires. They existed. What was she supposed to make of that? Especially when compared to any number of other implications that 'truth' had.

As she made her way into the back and took a look around, though, it wasn't hard to notice that there was something... awry. "Uh... is this a bad time?" Jo asked, blinking a little widely at the gathering. "I brought smokies..."

(15:17:04) Djinn: (whispers) If it's okay and you'd like, adding "She had no idea what was going on, but Alistair's tone of voice was so... sincere and convincing. Whatever they were on about, it was hard to really say... but Alistair seemed pretty passionate about this idea of something - psychics? - harming people. And she absolutely understood concerns about family. That was, after all, why she was here. Wouldn't any sensible person want to protect their family?"
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

F
    Freelance250

Michael slams his fist on the table, causing the plates to rise quickly and fall back into place. The veins in his muscular arms. torso and neck popped in fury. "ENOUGH!" He yelled at all of them. He was growing sick of this bickering. Psychic or not he did not care, they were a collection of Hunters working together despite their backgrounds.

edited by ST. Priest posted one suxx, but no idea whom it was to. If Priest gets a failure on Al's statement, he would begin to care about psychic. Please check my 2 posts to the ooc on the subject

C
    Cross

I'd appreciate it if we could avoid going too much further without Seryna guiding these rolls... is that okay, guys? Some huge rolls have been made here.

Jennifer Hazelton

Yes, please double check the OOC before making a post. You can not be too angry to listen to someone once dice have been thrown. Mechanics have to be respected. People spent xp on these skills and we should respect each other to adhere to the sheets

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.