21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Michael's BBQ

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    R
    Rhapsody032590

Ninja Roll 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-21 17:26:39 Ester Lawson rolls 4 to Occult Roll (intellegence:4 + Occult:1 -1) (10 Again) 7, 10, 7, 4, 4 1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

To all: Ester's question stands
    To Ester's player: Ester knows that there is a religious organization tied into vampires. Vaguely.
    All please continue.

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiles and waves to Tal as she appears. "Welcome, take a seat. Hotdog or Burger?" He asked her as Ester set down the pastries. He turned to Ester as she asked her question, a stunned look on his face. He had been called many things in his life but never a 'Catholic Ninja' which in his mind is a first and he doubted he would ever be called it again.

Michael closes the lid on the grill and quietly removes a bottle of O'Doul's from the cooler at his feet. He pops the top with his teeth and spits the cap into the recycling bin and taking a long drink before answering. "I work for an organization called Malleus Maleficarum.. we protect the children of God from the various threats in the darkness... my Order, The Order Of Longinus focuses solely on Vampires." He explained in a calm tone, "Because of this I have certain... blessings." He added. When the Sisters rounded the corner he set the bottle down and smiled as he walked over to embrace them both in a loving hug.

" This is my flock dear sister." He said before introducing them all to the sisters. "Come ladies, sit and enjoy. I have hamburgers, hotdogs, salad. You name it it is probably here." He chuckles and gestures to Al, "We even have a Brit." Michael was in high spirits despite the night before he shot a Vampire through the heart and took off her head then burned her corpse.

R
    Rhapsody032590

Before Michael answered Ester shook Rob’s hand and introduced herself as "Ester Lawson"

She was moving to sit down when Michael answered her jest. Damn, there really are catholic ninjas. Here’s hoping I didn’t offend him, I could use his help with my current vampire infestation.

"Thank you for your honesty in my joke, Father. Later I wouldn’t mind talking business with you, I may have an oversized mosquito problem. "

Ester looked around at the people gathered here; maybe they could help her with her new problems. So far two have been honest with her, though she’d never expected any different from Sam, maybe it was time for her to not be completely undercover this time.

She looked a little awkward but spoke in a clear if shaky voice. "I know you don’t know me, but thanks for last night. Whoever called the cops probably saved my life. My name is Ester Lawson, Well Special Agent Ester Lawson. I’m with the Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit; you may have heard of us, we operate officially so we don’t really hide. What people don’t know is that every member of the Unit is physic, myself included. If you ever need any help figuring stuff out, I’m a bit better at it than most humans. So just call me, or make Sam do it, that's what I usually do "

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene just looks at Ester, acknowledging the other arrivals with a nod. She was already a little suspicious of the woman when she arrived, but the fact that she said she was a cop, -and- that she was psychic, set off a couple warning bells in her head. The kind of warning bells that generally resulted in either running away or shooting the thing that set them off.

"So, you're a psychic FBI agent." Her tone is flat, not making any effort to hide her suspicion. "And this means what? We trust you?"

J
    Justin

"Hey," Sam intejected. "There's no need to throw around accusations or suspicion."

He crossed his arms and stared at Helene. "She's here under my invitation. She was helping me investigate Priceless, and she's been on the level for as long as I've known her. This is just a nice gathering to blow off steam, Helene, so there's no need to jump down people's throats."

I haven't exactly been on the level with them, though. Maybe I should just talk to them about who I'm with... Sam vowed to give it some more thought. They had risked their lives together, after all. Some of them still seemed a little too knee-jerk suspicious for him to trust with that kind of information, however.

Jennifer Hazelton

"It's good to see you. Thank you for inviting us." Diane smiles, returning Michael's hug warmly.
    "Yes, it's good to see you again so soon." Jaime smiles as she hugs Michael.

Diane and Jamie give Ester a long look. Had they caught the end of her question? Their expressions were apprehensive. The two young women watch the exchange between Helene and Ester with widening eyes. At the end of Sam's statement, Diane walks closer to Sam and Ester. Diane was dark haired, appearing in her early twenties. She was very athletic and lean. A golden cross necklace is her only jewelry. Diane wears a fitted pink blouse and blue jeans. Jamie remains standing, glancing at Ester with apprehension.

"Your investigation of Priceless? I'd like to hear more about that. I'm Diane." The woman seemed sincere as she extends a hand to Sam. "Nice to meet you, Sam. I take it you and Ester have known each other awhile."

Jamie walked closer to Michael, standing close to him.
    "It's getting a little tense."

Jamie spoke quietly. "I didn't realize that your cell wasn't established yet."

Ester Lawson Samael Milton Priest Helene Jameson

F
    Freelance250

Michael pushes back his anger at Helene's response, he preferred to remain polite around the Sisters. Michael smiled.

"It took God seven days... I am merely human Jamie." He said with a wide smile and a light chuckle. "Yes, we put a Vampire to rest last night. Truth is we have Robert to thank for that." He said to Diane, gesturing to Robert. "But this barbecue is not just for him but all of us." He added.

Michael moved over to the grill where he turned down the heat, letting the flames go out and removed a pair of still sizzling paddies from the grill and placed them on burgers, then gave them a healthy dose of condiments before placing them each on a plate and set them on the table in front of two chairs side by side.

"So.." He said before sitting down at the head of the long hardened plastic table, gesturing for everyone to come in and sit down. "I realize we do not know one another well... Let me start, My name is Michael O'Reilly, I was born here in San Diego but grew up in Boston. I am a former Ranger with the Eighty Second Airborne and now I am a man of faith." He says with a chuckle, it was an ironic twist. From Soldier to Priest in just a few short years.

He glanced at Helene, "Now.. " He said, his tone changing from calm and friendly to stern. "At one time Helene.. I would have sat with you in not trusting her." Michael gestured to Ester. "Of course.. I am just a Catholic Ninja but she stepped into the hazard without thought of others and put everything on the line, If I were to go into battle, which is very likely I would rather have Her by my side then you because there are two types of people in this world." He continues, never breaking his strong eye contact. "There are those that hide and those that return fire.. You are a hider.. she is the one that puts her body in the way to defend someone else." Michael's words cut the air like honed knives, he had seen dozens of Helene's kind, suspicious of everything and at the drop of a hat they would throw someone else under a tanks treads to save their own lives, he had no respect for such people.

"Now, if you wish to prove me wrong and be civil then by all means stay. Partake in the company and the food but if you choose to remain untrusting of our dear Special Agent Ester Lawson then I encourage you to walk away." He said before breaking eye contact to look down at the burger and hotdog with macaroni salad in front of him, he picked up the burger and bit into it. He chewed quickly but returned his gaze to Helene. "So what will it be?" He asked through a semi full mouth with his hand covering his mouth from view. Only Michael could put the fear of god into a man while remaining polite, a skill he had practiced much of his life.

C
    Cross

Alistair said his hellos to everyone who greeted him, letting the others who had already made their explanations as to how they knew each other stand. As Ester thanked the one who had called the cops, he said jokingly, "Not to worry, Agent, friends in the right places --"

Wait. What?!

Alistair stiffened and stopped talking. Psychics!?

He stepped back.

"You're what?!"

He shook his head quickly. What the hell? How was... He looked to Michael for a moment, as the priest so willingly just...

"No, no, no, there really is a lot of reason for suspicion, especially right now! I'm sorry, Sam, explain to me, what makes her any different than any other super?" Eyebrow. The Brit stepped back. The way Sam had acted at Priceless about her...

"Not to be rude at your house, but Christ - fucking psychics exist? And they're in the government? This sounds exactly like something we should be talking about." He was absolutely incredulous. How was it everybody else was just okay with this?!

Why weren't they shooting her, again?

"How are you all okay with this? Just, nonchalantly, meh! No big deal! She can read our minds, no problem!"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene stands up and looks at Al, raising her arms. "RIGHT?! THANK YOU!" She drops back into her seat. "Seriously, I feel like we're the only sane ones here!" She pauses for a moment at that statement. "And that really, -really- worries me."

She looks at Michael. "See, I can sorta get where your coming from. But an ad hominem attack isn't going to convince me that I should trust someone who comes out of nowhere, babbling about psychics and the FBI. Because, do you know what the first things spies are trained to do during an infiltration are? First, they establish that they can be trusted by saving the collective ass of the group. Then they give them a little information, make themselves seem trustworthy. And the fact that this one is PSYCHIC means that those of you protecting her does not make me feel any better. How do I know she's not all up in your head, screwing with your thoughts to make you like her?" She pauses for breath. "Oh God, how do I know she's not getting in my head right now?!"

She picks up her phone and snaps a picture of Ester, then one of Michael and Sam for good measure, then sits back down, glowering suspiciously at Ester.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.