Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Michael's BBQ

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    F
    Freelance250

Michael moved the last chair he scrounged up to the small backyard behind his apartment where his new grill has been placed only and hour before. The long table that could easily seat ten was decorated with various hamburger buns, hotdog buns, cases of O'doul's Beer and soda bottles along with plastic cups and paper plates. Michael was wearing a white tank top undershirt. His usual black dress shirt and clerical collar were gone to reveal a torso covered in scars and tattoos, a blank white apron hung over his torso and he wore a pair of worn jeans and cowboy boots.

He molded a slab of ground beef into a paddy, his hands inside a pair of clear plastic gloves as he did so. He tossed the burger onto the warm grill and started forming another. The paddy began to sizzle and crackle as the paddy cooked. He gave a light dusting of black pepper to the meet before flipping it over with the spatula. Sitting on the two tier grill's wings were the plate of ground beef in which he made the paddies, a plate of hotdogs ready to go on the top level of the grill and a half drank bottle of O'Douls. He hummed an endless tune as he worked and waited for the others to arrive.

@Those who arrive

On Michael's door was a sign that read. "BBQ In Back"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene comes around back. She has her smartphone in hand, and appears to be monitoring something. Her other hand is in the pocket of her hoodie. She is wearing her usual ratty old jeans and hoodie, although her hair is combed and washed for the occasion. She grabs a soda and a seat at the table, nodding respectfully at the man flipping burgers.

F
    Freelance250

Michael waves at Helene with his spatula as she arrives. He turns back to the grill and slaps on another paddy and spices it up.

"Helene right?" He asked as he picked up a hamburger bun, split it apart and laid them down on the grill to toast.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene looks up from her phone, pulled out of her little geeky world. "Huh? Oh, uh, yeah. Helene. And you're...Father Michael, right?" She wasn't a particularly religious person, but she knew how to address a priest, and that she should be respectful. Or they'd smite her or somesuch.

J
    Justin

The slight rumble--a rumble, not a put--of Sam's motorcycle announced his arrival in Michael's parking lot. He wore one of his grey suits with a blue tie, and Ester sat behind him on the bike.

"You ready to meet everyone, Est?"

Dark circles under his eyes spoke volumes of how little sleep he got the night before.
    Ester Lawson

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiled warmly, he picked up the buns and placed them on a plate.

"Just call me Michael, titles are for when I have the collar on." He said, gesturing to his neck with the spatula in his hand. He picked up his bottle of O'Douls non-alcoholic beer and took a swig before tossing the empty bottle into a nearby blue container with the Recycling sticker on the side. On his right forearm was a tattoo, it was a large cross with twelve pairs of dogtags hanging off the crossbeams, standing in front of the cross was a soldier carrying wounded soldier across his shoulders with the words "Rangers Lead The Way." written underneath it.

"How do you take your burger?" He asked as he dug around in a Wal-Mart bag from the bottles of condiments.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene caught herself staring at his tattoo, then snapped out of it when he asked her how she wanted her burger. "Ah, medium rare, thank you. You were a Ranger?"

F
    Freelance250

Michael squirts out some ketchup on the burger, then a little relish and mustard before flipping the paddy onto the bun and sliding it onto a plate.

"Yeah, two tours with the Eighty Second." He said as he placed it in front of her. He drew a knife from his pocket and flicked his wrist, the blade sprung clean of the hilt and he cut the bag of Sinai Kosher long franks open and removed three of them and placed them on the grill along with another paddy.

R
    Rhapsody032590

Ester looked about as bad as Sam. It had been a battle to get her into something other than her “working” leather. But she was tired, and emotionally drained form last night. She’d dressed in her tall black leather boots that stopped a few inches below her knee, and a light purple sundress. She would have looked good if she didn’t have dark circles under her eyes and a cagey expression. She had her smart phone strapped to her arm in a jogging band. Her gun was in an inner thigh holster, it was ungodly uncomfortable but after last night she wouldn’t go anywhere unarmed.

At Sam’s comment she smiled, it was warm and almost back to normal. "Sam, you’ve known me for how long, am I ever ready to meet new people? Don’t answer that. I’m ready to meet the people who could take down a vamp before I can even register fully that I passed you headed out the door. "

She climbed off the back of Sam’s bike and held out her arm for Sam to lead her in.

Samael Milton

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene nods, impressed. "Cool. My fifth dad was a Ranger. Said it was one of the best times of his life."

She notes the sound of a motorcycle pulling up. "Huh. Sounds like someone else got here. Sam's the one who rides the bike, right?"

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.