Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 4 Priceless

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    C
    Cross

Alistair blew his pistols off and grabbed the brass from the two shots. There'd be nothing easy like that for the cops to find here. He hopped off the dumpster and said, "We need to go. Now."

He looked around, counting off Hunters to ensure nobody was missing. Had she even had the chance to hit anybody? Sam. Michael. Rob. Tal...

"Scotch at the shop in two hours," he muttered to the group. "Get there and we'll debrief. Bring that with you, please," Alistair said quietly to Rob, gesturing to the freaky corpse. "Burn it somewhere quiet with some of the gas before you come, if you can. Can't leave it here. I'll take care of the police."

"Is everyone accounted for?"

F
    Freelance250

Michael quickly threw the corpse over his shoulder and turned, he looked down both ways of the street, seeing it was empty he crossed at a quick run. The burning charcoal smell filled his nose and covered him.

"Gonna take days for this to get out of my clothes." He thought as he popped the trunk and slid the corpse in. Michael sparked up a cigarette after closing the hood and walked back over to the group with a hand in his coat pocket.

"Before we split, be at my place tomorrow at noon. I'll have a barbecue setup for us all. You are all invited, pass it on to the others when you can." He said hurriedly, Michael opened up his phone and read off his phone number for everyone and gave them his address. "Bring your own beer and whatever else ya wanna bring. Just Hunters, no civvies." He said with a wide smile, almost as if ignoring the fact that he just killed a Vampire and stowed it's corpse in the trunk of Rob's car.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene parks Tal's car at the entrance to the alley, even more nervous now than before. She was perfectly happy that they had actually killed it, but...gunshots. Gunshots were very, very bad. She mentally added a cell phone jammer to her list of things she had to put together, along with a scanner program, trackers, and something to keep the group in touch with each other. She drummed her hands against the steering wheel. "Come on, come on, come on...get in the car so we can go..."

J
    Justin

Sam heard the gunshots, and then the silence that followed, but he hadn't yet made it out of the parking lot. He came to a halt and thought for a moment.

Either they just blew her away and we're in the clear, or they're dead already. Either way, I'm getting Ester out of here.

Sam turned on his heel and walked back into the club to see what was keeping his ex-girlfriend busy, only to find Ester being stared down by Alice.

C
    Cross

Justin

"Hey!" Alistair said to Sam as he went to head back into the club. "Where are you going? The cops are going to be here any minute."

J
    Justin

Before Sam went inside, he turned to Alistair.

"I have a friend in there who was watching our backs in case this thing went sideways," he whispered in rough tones. Though he was obviously worried and in a hurry, he grinned at Alistair. "Didn't expect you to go Rambo that soon. If it makes you feel better, she can help you control the cops, but I'm sure as Hell not leaving her in there."

C
    Cross

Alistair raised an eyebrow and smiled a bit, plainly pleased with how things had went. "That's cool. But... is there a reason to suspect she might be in danger? I mean, the mark is dead... shoot her a text, she can bug out?"

Why would Sam be concerned?

J
    Justin

Sam frowned at Alistair. "Why do you think it took me so long to get her out here? She wasn't alone, man." He took a couple of impatient steps toward the door, driven by his need to make sure Ester was protected. "She had people inside the place, and I'm going to make sure that they don't do something that they'd regret."

C
    Cross

I'm going to post on since this is rapid and I know Seryna would like to get this done.

"Wait, wait... stop. I've got you, man. If she's got friends, then they probably saw you and know about this. They'll connect you and her and kill you both." He pulled his phone. "Shots were just fired here. I'll make a phone call and the police will hit that place hard and clear it out. She will be good. Just another bystander being cleared out of a building. Better off than if we go running back in there half-cocked."

His eyes locked with Sam's. It was trust Alistair was asking for. Sam had already trusted the cell with his life. Did he trust it with Ester's?

J
    Justin

Sorry for the retcon. Still finding my post-combat equilibrium!

Sam paused. Alistair had been on the level with him so far, and he had been a huge help in stopping Vanessa so that Michael could stake her and finish the job.

"You're right," he conceded with a sigh. "Let's get out of here."

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last