Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 3

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Rob glanced to the priest that he had neglected to notice. The man had been so quiet lately, he had just seemed to fade into the background. The priest didn't see to take offense to Rob's earlier words.

"Sam, Tal and Michael -" Rob gestured to Tal as he spoke her name, a quick and dirty introduction. "-here know of a tactic that we're going to implement when we go after Vanessa. Vanessa is the name that the vampire is using. She hunts in Santee and operates out of a club and a old pub, Denisson's. My cell was watching her for two weeks, so we have the footwork covered. Its a matter of time of syncing up our attack.

Would you mind sharing how you help out in the hunt, Alistair? If we can coordinate our efforts, perhaps we can take down this beast."

Tal Helene Jameson Samael Milton Alistair Smith Priest

C
    Cross

Alistair grinned at Helene, not throwing unnecessary words into the air and listening to Samael carefully. "Well, shit," he muttered when he heard that Rob's team had not succeeded. He looked over at Michael, who seemed to be staring at some of the civilian-legal versions of the M4. No automatic fire on those. Back at Sam. "Good to have one of those around," he agreed, but he sounded a little... concerned? The guy was sort of muttering to himself...

Still, a priest could go a long way. Maybe it was for the holy-holy element. Maybe it was for a fallen Hunter's Last Rites.

"Sure," the Brit replied with a bit of a smile as Rob asked him how he hunted. "Aside from all of this equipment, I have friends in useful places, and ways of making sure they help me out. I also know my way around guns. The tactic sounds handy, but here's a question for you: why not just go kill her during the day?"

It seemed very straightforward to him. Break into building. Shoot, stab and burn the bugger with sunlight.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene looks at Alistair. She blinks. She rubs the bridge of her nose. "Because when you break into a building in the middle of the day, there's this little thing called witnesses. And the police. And prison. And prison is very, very bad." She sighs. "Just because it seems like the best possible idea, doesn't mean it is. The middle of the day is a bad time to break into someone's house. That's why most robbers wait for the middle of the night. See, if we wanted to do something like that, we'd probably be a whole lot safer just lighting fire to the place in the middle of the night."

J
    Justin

"Besides," Sam interjected, "Rob did a lot of the legwork here already. That place has more security than Fort Nox, by all accounts. I figured it would be suicide to attack the place when she's got the home field advantage, especially when she's got a couple of flunkies waiting for exactly that."

He flashed a grin. "We wait until she's out in the open. She'll be hunting, and she won't expect us to run her out of the club and into a prepared alley."

Personally, Sam thought that plan had a lot of merit. There's no sense in going after her when she's at her most defended. That's like trying to get a turtle out of its shell, except the shell is bigger than we are and has armed roommates inside.

C
    Cross

Al gave a little smile. "That's assuming one hasn't paid a good friend in the police a large sum of money to have the door kicked in and everyone in there arrested first thing in the AM and held for twenty-four hours on a grow-op misunderstanding or something of that nature. I mean, it's just a thought." Friends in high places, remember? Rams hitting doors and whatnot had a beautiful tendency to ruin a place's sturdy doors and whatnot. "But it's your show. If you guys have a plan you prefer, I am happy to assist you as best I can. What do you need?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"There's nothing inherently wrong with attacking in the day." Rob suggested. "We would have some obstacles, yes." Rob nodded to Helene.
    "You're not wrong about witnesses. We would need to get the office manager and the doorman out of the way. Yet I'd imagine most of her neighbors work during the day. If we were fast and quiet, a day time attack is a possibility. When we were looking at this, we had three people."
    Rob reminded.

"You have quite a few friends that can be tasked to distract or keep a look out." He continued.
    "Yet if you want to attack at night, I won't hold it against you. This is your cell and this is your call."

Rob turned back to Alistair.

"Did you say you could gum them up with false charges? There's this one body guard who is constantly at the town home. We never see him leave. He was our biggest deterrent against attacking during the day. I figured he was the canary."

F
    Freelance250

Michael forced himself to set the rifle down with a loud thunk as he put it back on the rack. He suppressed the memories with hard thought and turned back to the group as they debated their course of action. He dried his eyes with the back of his sleeve and spoke.

"Attacking during the day this soon after an attempt is suicide... she will have made preparations for us, given her guards body armor and automatic weapons most likely. Our best bet is to get her at her weakest." He interjected as he turned to the group and stood upright, bringing his height to bare. "Have you ever watched lions? When they are tracking or preparing to charge at prey they rarely see the world around them, the best way to hunt them is to let the prey be the bait." He continued, "Someone will go in, try and get her attention... then guide her to our trap. She will be so focused on him she won't see the vice we clamp her in." Michael said as he clapped his hands together very loudly, emphasizing his plan.

"Once we have her, we stake her through the heart and send her ass to hell." He said as he turned and looked at the gun racks. His hand moved to a FN FiveseveN. "I used to have one of these... very nice handgun." He said before turning back to the group.

Tal
    Tal

"I'm thinking, assuming all goes to plan, chasing her into an alley and setting her on fire might be best. I don't think the daylight attack is such a bad idea, though. She's been attacked at the club, at night. That's likely when she'll be most on her guard. And if you do have connections with the police," she said, looking to the Brit, "it might be more useful to use them if something goes wrong and the police get called on us. The police are a problem for us no matter where, or when, we do this and I like the idea of having some protection from them just in case the worst happens.

"But, all that aside, the bare bones of the easiest plan are this: an attractive male acts as lure to get the lick out of the club and guide her toward an alley. Then Michael, Sam, and myself force her into the alleyway where the rest of you wait. Then we use fire or stakes or whatever to kill her. What does everyone think?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene shrugs. "I like it, but... we don't know anything about the area. I think that, before we do anything more, even consolidating the plan, we need to do some recon, both on the house and on the area around Priceless. And checking some blueprints and maps of the areas can't hurt at all."

She'd gotten caught in the trap of not knowing where she was going before, and it was not a fun trap.

C
    Cross

"I could, yes. Friends in the right places, and all, but it's your operation," Alistair said with a little shrug. Michael gunning his plan down without seeming to have listened to it at all caused the Brit's jaw to clench slightly, but whatever. It was their operation. He would help them, but it wasn't like he was going to put himself in a position to be killed for people he'd only just met.

Tal's request was reasonable, and Al nodded. "Yes, I can see about getting us some time. I also am... well, I know a thing or two about disguises, if that's of interest?"

He sure as fuck was going to be disguising himself. No doubt about that.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last