Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 3

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The building was nice and new, a reflection of the high-quality business that Alistair Smith believed in running. Accurate Arms. It was the new gun shop in town, packed with all manner of toys for hunters, Hunters, and the hunted. Need a shotgun? Thirty day background check, and it was yours. How about a handgun? Got a permit? Thirty day background check. Yours.

Civilian model rifles. Hunting rifles. Scopes. Sights. Ammo. Equipment for all manner of hunting trips out into the bush. Accurate Arms had it all. On the side of the building, through a heavy, soundproofed door, was a firing range with all the fixings.

After discussing the plan of attack at Sam's Apartment some of the hunters had decided that they may need to shop around for some gear. As luck would have it, one of the hunters present had recalled that Accurate Arms was just that sort of place. Rob was happy to lead the way into the store, moving first to the ammunition display. Ammunition was becoming a hot community in California.

"Any of you own a gun?" Rob wondered as he priced the 9 .mm ammunition. He continued in a slightly quieter tone.
    "Might not be the best thing for a lick, but it's fantastic for those pasty friends of theirs. "

Ron decided to pick up a case of 9 .mm ammunition and glanced around the store for anything else that looked good.
    "Mine's locked back up at my place."

Priest Tal Olivia Mayer Simon King Samael Milton Helene Jameson Alistair Smith
    Description courtesy of Alistair Smith
    This thread will be closed to new arrivals within 48 hours of this posting at 6:08 P.M. Pacific

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene smiles at Rob, drifting in after him. She needed to stop by her house before they headed to the vampire's place, otherwise she'd be trying to hack into any security the bloodsucker had with whatever she could find lying around. Probably a rock and a stick. She got caught up in the feasibility of that for a moment, then shook her head to snap out of it. Clearly the need for sleep and head injury were getting to her. She smiled at Rob.

"Not yet, no. Actually, I applied to get one at this very store not too long ago, but, you know. Those thirty day background checks are a bitch. Wonder where the owner is."

C
    Cross

As if on cue, Alistair Smith made his way out of the back room, carrying a pair of matched revolvers. They had price tags on hanging from their barrels, trigger locks on their triggers, and were a really neat shade of gun-metal magenta. Apparently, some guns were meant to be owned by people who liked fancy colours.

As far as Al was concerned, they were a waste of money, but some customers liked them. Then again, when he used firearms, usually it was in a context in which he would rather not be any more distinctive than he already was.

Customers!

He smiled broadly at those coming in. "Ah! Welcome. Can I help you folks?" Then he saw Helene. Huh! Did he have a regular? "See anything you like?"

J
    Justin

Sam shook his head in response to Rob as he looked over some of the more impressive revolvers on display.

"Not much of a shooting range at University of San Diego. At the very least, I know how to handle a knife without cutting myself up." Sam grinned toward Rob. "No time like the present to learn, I suppose."

In fact, Sam thought to himself, I think Olivia still has my knife.

Sam smiled as the shop keep came out from the back. "Pink revolvers? Were you planning to help Liberace realize his dream of being a cowboy?"

Tal
    Tal

Tal limped into the store and glanced around, eyes roving over the rifles on the walls, the pistols in the case, and the various paraphernalia on shelves and racks that helped one carry and care for a firearm and it's ammunition. It was a nice store. Everything laid out carefully, clean and well displayed. She smiled. It was always nice to see someone who took pride in their work and had an eye for details. She limped further inside and followed Rob over by the ammo shelves.

"I own a few," she replied to Rob, picking up a box of .308. She eyed a box of .9mm too. It might be nice but she wasn't so much a fan of pistols, and usually didn't carry one.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

"Good." Rob glances to Tal. He hadn't spoken to her much earlier and tried to rectify it now.
    "Sam mentions you had some experience in the Armed Forces. "

Those chocolate brown eyes flick to Tal's.

"I'm getting the pressing feeling that there's not a lot of experiences with licks in this group. What do you say?"

At one time, Rob would have been considered attractive. Tonight was not this time. The left side of his face was a greenish tint of a healing bruise. An expertly applied bandage was below his left ear, brushing to his jaw bone. The left hand had a thick white bandage applied. The chocolate brown eyes were ringed by circles that suggests stress and lack of sleep.

As the proprietor arrived, Rob showed the man the box of ammunition he had picked up.
    "I'll take this. Checking out the wares for a minute more..."
    "What are your rates for renting a lane?" The man asked, gesturing to the door to the range.
    Tal Samael Milton Helene Jameson Alistair Smith

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene grins at Alistair. "Hey there, Jack Twist. You're gonna make all the ladies sad if you keep carrying those around." She gestures at his colorful revolvers. "I brought some friends of mine to the store. You know, as references."

She pauses for a moment, checking out the ammo. "How's that background check going?"

C
    Cross

Alistair smirked at Samael as he placed the guns in their place on the Wall of Fame, where the really high end weapons went. They were marked as some sort of .44 Magnum, and when they were on the wall, they actually looked pretty big. Hmm. "Magenta revolvers are all the rage, you know," he said cheekily. It came out magent-er. British, and all that. Fuck off.

The Englishman smiled genuinely at Helene as he strolled out from behind the counter to come out onto the sales floor. "Is that so? Well. I trust you all the more all ready, although sadly, my opinion means little to the AFD fellows who do the check. The paperwork is all in, though." He smiled, moving around the floor to greet the exotic-looking lady and the fellow looking at ammunition --

--and then he heard something he wasn't expecting. Not here. Not now. Oh, Christ...

He made his way back around behind the counter casually as Rob made his way up to the counter. No biggie, right? Customers walked in talking about licks all the time, didn't they?

"Lovely," he said, flashing Rob a smile, but there was little mirth in it. He was very glad that he carried concealed, and for once in his life, his nervousness showed. He could do little to hide it. That man and his friend were hunting licks. They'd all come in together. Was Helene in on it? "Not to get into your business, sir, but is there a... problem in the area I ought to be aware of?"

His eyes stared pointedly into Rob's. He knew.

In that instant, he was very, very glad there was a high countertop between Rob and himself. Cover had value, especially when one was totally not subtle at all about knowing what the hell was going on here.

3 sux to hear, fail to conceal concern
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-17 00:28:36 Alistair Smith rolls 8 to Manipulation+Subterfuge+SL (10 Again) 4, 3, 7, 3, 7, 3, 3, 1 failure
    2014-06-17 00:20:01 Alistair Smith rolls 5 to What was that? (PER) (10 Again) 8, 3, 10, 2, 9, 2 3 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

"Not a bad idea, Helene... you have a permit and everything? California can be a hell hole if you're caught without the weapon secured correctly. With the women's prison up the road from that Magnolia Storage and the trailer park, a lot of sheriffs drive around. Keep your stuff legal-"

Rob pauses in whatever he was about to say to Helene and looked into the owner's eyes.

"I'm Rob," Rob stated, placing the box of ammunition on the counter.
    "There's a problem in the area. But I'm sure the police can handle it, right?" Those brown eyes study Alistair's for a moment.

"Police have such great track records with licks. What's your opinion?"

"Myself, I favor a Neighborhood watch approach. We all look out for each other and more importantly, the families of Santee. There's some criminals out there with serious teeth."
    Helene Jameson Alistair Smith

J
    Justin

Sam kept an ear on the situation while he watched the door nonchalantly. This seemed like a turning point in their meeting, and he'd hate to have some innocent walk in if this shop owner wasn't amenable to the idea of supernatural vigilante justice.

That was a bold move, bringing it up, but for all we know he's some vamp's security dealer. Sam eyed Rob nervously. I hope you read this guy correctly, man...

Deep down, Sam felt a stirring of his inner self, telling him to take control of the situation, by force if necessary. He pushed it down, though; this was the old dance of id and ego that played out every time confrontation was imminent. He knew the steps well enough to keep a lid on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last