Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Fourth of July

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    Justin

Sam grinned. "You've been to my place, Helene. You know the Arbors aren't that great."

He wasn't surprised that Alistair missed his nod. The man is surrounded by just about every woman I know here, and he's handling the attention with aplomb. And trying to sell them stuff too! Sam shook his head in wonder at the guy's chutzpah. The bartender grinned at Sam as he handed him a frosted mug of root beer. Sam nodded solemnly before taking a drink. "Wow, draft root beer. You guys don't joke around, even for loser designated drivers."

Tal
    Tal

Tal blinked at the man for a few seconds, letting the other conversations flow around her while she thought about his pitch.

"I'm not refined," she said finally. "Just practical. And those guns are shit. Not the H&K, the other ones. The Smith and Westons. But sure, that sound good. I'm not really a fan of large caliber but that is a nice model. Would be useful with lights an davar."

She took a drink, finishing off her current glass, and got up to move closer to Nicole, suddenly shooting a hand out to brace against the other woman's shoulder when her knee locked up. "Sorry, sorry, s'liychah," she mumbled, steadying herself. "I'm ok. Just my leg. It's fine. And sure, I like parties. I could help with--Oh, hey, Sam. Sam! Oi! I didn't see you here. How're you? Good? You good?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

"We're roomies." Kristen jumped in to reply to Helene as Nicole opened her mouth. "She's a private detective, so she sets her own hours and stuff. I work as a recruiter in pharmacology. "

Kristen glances to Tal, smiling. "That's great, Tal. Maybe we won't invite Chrissy, this time. I get the distinct impression that woman doesn't like me."

J
    Justin

Sam smiled and waved at Talya. "Hello! Good to see you enjoying yourself, Tal." The former soldier seemed to be in a good mood, even if her prejudices were showing.

I imagine she's seen enough stuff over in the Middle East to last her a lifetime. No need to get on her case about racism. I won't say that she's earned it, but she's certainly got her reasons.

All in all, the night seemed to be picking up well, even if he couldn't necessarily join in the drinking. Next time, Sam vowed, he'd just take a cab.

He paused midway through taking a drink of his root beer. I actually haven't had anything to drink since before Milan... Hopefully that won't be an issue.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Tal, steady." Nicole places a supporting hand on Tal's back, glancing at the other woman's face for a sign that the woman was ready to be released. Nicole keeps her spare hand extended in case Tal wants to grasp it or Tal starts to stumble again. Tal being tipsy was a bit of a surprise, but Tal was new to the area. She knew Kristen was feeling a bit out of sorts herself, hence why she was here at a bar and not 'following up on a lead', like she'd said at the apartment.

"You romanticize my job."
    Nicole complained good naturedly. It was an old bone the two sisters picked between each other.
    "You shouldn't say that about Chrissy. That woman doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She does a lot for this town and for the Union."

Nicole glances at Tal, feeling out the other woman.
    "I wrapped up two jobs, so I have some extra time on my hands. If you want to hang out... go shooting..."

Kill vampires. Man, now she was romanticizing the job and the Hunt was the wrong job to do that to.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene sticks out her tongue at Sam. "Well, it's a hell of a lot nicer than my place, that's for sure."

She turns back to Kristen. "Ah, that makes sense. Private detective, huh? Sounds fun. Although, uh, pharmaceutical recruiter seems just as fun. I guess. I mean, sometimes you get to be called a headhunter, right? That's pretty cool. I wish I was a headhunter." She grins at Tal. "Hey there, Wobbles. Don't fall over, I'm not sure any of use can pick you up."

Jennifer Hazelton

"I like being a headhunter. " Kristen grins, proud of her job.
    "The people I bring in are contributing and making a difference. That's all any one really wants to do, right? Be valued for their work and of course, get paid for it. This was a great time to move back to Santee, too. I hear there's a lot of talented people in this area."

Kristen's eyes get a gleam to them.

"You ever think about networking, Helene?" Kristen asks.
    "You seem like a woman at ease meeting new people. "

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene grins at Kristen even wider. "I like getting paid the best, personally, but making a difference is important too."

At Kristen's question, Helene notes the gleam in her eyes and gets slightly apprehensive. "Ah, yeah, I guess. I mean...making connections is important. Gotta have friends if you want to survive in this world."

R
    Rhapsody032590

Ester was always the quite shy one at parties. Her new job didn't help that to much. There was a reason she was the research master, not an interigator. She took Alistars card and put it in her purse, between the spare clip and her wallet.

She smiled walking back to Sam and resting her head against his shoulder. Better the devil you know in these situations. she chuckeled to herself and sipped her drink. She'd make conversation, eventually. Perhaps after another whiskey.

C
    Cross

"Yes, absolutely come try it out sometime! It's the smoothest shot I've ever felt," he said with a winning smile at Tal when she was invited to come out shooting. Was it sales that Alistair was after? Camaraderie from fellow gun nuts?

A threesome with a PI and a drunk Israeli? That would be a story to tell the grandkids.

"Perhaps not tonight, though," he said with a little wink. That girl was absolutely shitfaced. It would be just irresponsible to give her a ten thousand dollar gun and expect it not to get dropped like a toy.

His attention wandered over as Ester made her way over to Sam, and he noted the other guy's presence, now that he wasn't surrounded with ladies all paying attention to him. He grinned and gave Sam a wave, noting Ester's very affectionate posture. He pointed at Samael's drink and gave him a thumbs up, as if to offer him another round...

...in fact, fuck it. Party on, Wayne.

"Jason, I'm going to need a round for the bar! Enjoy your Fourth of July, everyone!"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.